PDA

View Full Version : Questions about keys

iheartmickey
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi all! :mickey:

I have a question for those of you who have split your stay between two (or more) resorts how they take care of your keys.

I was wondering if it's going to be a problem for my DH, DD and Mom if they're in the MK while I'm checking out of one resort and into another.
What happens to the 'keys' they have?
What happens to the DDP credits we have left over?
Will we just get new keys for each of us?

In general, how do the work the switching of resorts.

TIA!

DisneyDudet
08-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I believe that if you are switching resorts, you have two separate reservations, which means, two separate DDP's. If I understand it correctly, the keys become void and you will get new ones for your new resort.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think thats how it goes if you booked a package. Even if it weren't a package, you would need new keys for the new resort.

MsMin
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm going to agree w/ DisneyDudet, I've had two ressies in the same resort and got different keys and the DDP was on one. We have come in earlier w/ part of the party and had a room only ressie for those who arrived before the whole party. The first keys become souvenirs and if you have DDP on it-- it should expire @ midnight.

iheartmickey
08-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Thank you for your responses.

What happens to the rest of our park passes on the other keys?

Our ressie goes like this ...
POP first 7 nights w/DDP and then 2 nights at the Poly (obviously without DDP).

It's a surprise that we're staying at the Poly. I'm hoping to duck out of the MK while they stay and play. I'll check out and then go and check in at the Poly. We have an ADR for dinner that night at 'Ohanna's ... :mickey:.

I just don't want to deactivate their keys when I transfer resorts.

Do you think the new keys will just be to get in our room? Since their is nothing attached to that ressie.

Will we have to keep track of two sets of keys?

Sorry for all the questions! I like to be prepared. :blush:

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
What happens to the rest of our park passes on the other keys?
They remain on the old keys.
They can't be transferred if the new resort also has tix.
If no tix on the second ressie, the tickets can be transferred.

I just don't want to deactivate their keys when I transfer resorts.
Room keys deactivate at midnight.
Any ticket days remain on the keys until used.

Do you think the new keys will just be to get in our room? Since their is nothing attached to that ressie.
Yes.

Will we have to keep track of two sets of keys?
If the first has tickets, yes.
If no tix left on the keys, then no.

NOTE: Any DDP credits left on the first resort key get canceled at Midnight of check-out day. They do not transfer to the new resort. They are lost.

DisneyDudet
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Are they both packages? Just one without the dining plan?

Packages do not transfer when you split your stay.

Since you have booked two different resorts, you have effectively booked two vacations as well, which means you have to buy two Magic Your Way packages. Once you've checked out of your first resort, that transaction/package is closed. Checking into your next resort begins a new transaction/package. They can't be combined because they are different transactions with different hotels. Therefore, unless you bought enough park days for your whole trip at your first resort, you will only use one KTTW card at a time.

There is one way to make you able to use the same tickets for your whole stay. When you book the first portion of your trip, you will be allowed to buy Magic Your Way tickets for up to ten days. However, you will be required to buy at least one day's Magic Your Way Base ticket for each member of your party at the start of your stay and package at the second resort. It's still more expensive than staying at one resort for the entire package, but less expensive than buying two sets of tickets for the shorter stays. The one-day Magic Your Way Base tickets will not expire if not used, and you can either use them on one day of a later trip, or put their value toward a longer ticket.

iheartmickey
08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
NOTE: Any DDP credits left on the first resort key get canceled at Midnight of check-out day. They do not transfer to the new resort. They are lost.

Thank you for all of the info :thumbsup: ... we're planning on using our last TS credit the night we check out and back in.

Are they both packages? Just one without the dining plan? Just the first part is a package. The Poly is room only.

Packages do not transfer when you split your stay.

There is one way to make you able to use the same tickets for your whole stay. When you book the first portion of your trip, you will be allowed to buy Magic Your Way tickets for up to ten days. However, you will be required to buy at least one day's Magic Your Way Base ticket for each member of your party at the start of your stay and package at the second resort. It's still more expensive than staying at one resort for the entire package, but less expensive than buying two sets of tickets for the shorter stays. The one-day Magic Your Way Base tickets will not expire if not used, and you can either use them on one day of a later trip, or put their value toward a longer ticket. This is what we did! We got enough park passes for the entire trip with our first package. So I will have to use those key cards with the tickets for the rest of our trip

Thank you for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

I just want to make sure my family won't know what's going on with the switching of resorts. I want them to be able to use their passes for fast passes.

If I'd like the passes to be transfered to the new room keys at the Poly ... after we're all together and not seperated at the parks ... can the CM's do that?

DisneyDudet
08-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you for all of the info :thumbsup: ... we're planning on using our last TS credit the night we check out and back in.

Thank you for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

I just want to make sure my family won't know what's going on with the switching of resorts. I want them to be able to use their passes for fast passes.

If I'd like the passes to be transfered to the new room keys at the Poly ... after we're all together and not seperated at the parks ... can the CM's do that?

I don't think they can transfer them to the cards, but only one person needs a key at a time, so that should help!