PDA

View Full Version : need directions to Pioneer Hall at Fort wilderness....

scootch713
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
from the Wilderness Lodge??? We are going on a carriage ride, they girls are so excited. :cloud9:

robhink
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Easiest option is to grab the "Blue Flagged" Ferry that runs between the Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. Once you get off the Ferry there should be signs but it's pretty much straight ahead from the dock. There is also a path that runs between the two resorts if you wanted to walk it.

SgtTigger
08-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Even quicker is a direct bus to Pioneer Hall....
Bus stop #1 at wilderness lodge. If the weather is bad that would be best...

You will do just fine ether way..... have a great time........

:cop: :tigger:

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Two Methods:

1) Take boat from MK to Fort Wilderness, then follow walkway path to Settlement.
2) Take bus to FW, then transfer to internal bus to Settlement.

ibrowse17
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Agree with taking a boat, much easier than taking two buses. The pick up area for the wagon ride is across the "street" from PH. Have a great trip and ride:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Agree with taking a boat, much easier than taking two buses. The pick up area for the wagon ride is across the "street" from PH. Have a great trip and ride:thumbsup:

No wait a minute you only have to take one bus.... it runs from Wilderness Lodge straight to the Settlement depot.... no need to use two busses..... get on at bus stop #1 at Wilderness Lodge and it goes non stop to pioner hall........
Believe me I go to trails end at least once a trip and have been to Hoop Dee Do 3 times......only one bus....... you can also go straight back from the settlement depot straight to Wilderness Lodge......

:cop: :tigger:

Maleficent's Dad
08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
When are you going?
The best, and easiest way from the WL to FW, is to WALK along the path. It's not a long walk, and once you get to FW, you'll be a few steps from Pioneer Hall. :mickey:

steamboat willy
08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Tell me about the Carriage Ride. Is there a link for this?

scootch713
09-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry just seeing this post... yes.. the link is under info central. For a small carriage, it is only $35 for a half hour!

Stan
09-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Just read your signature- life can be so tough. :( I'm glad you're continuing the memory making with your family. :)

Are you doing Hoop de Do? That's been on my own "must do" list for a long long time- maybe one day. What else goes on at Pioneer Hall (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/FW_037.html)?

The carriage ride sounds like a lot of fun... so does the boat (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/FW_052.html). Perhaps you'll have to take time to do both?

sheepishlambert
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
:number1:There is a bike path that goes through the woods down to the campground.
Watch out it is uphill on the way back. I really
enjoyed the short trip. It is quite scenic. There is also a petting zoo there.

scootch713
09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Just read your signature- life can be so tough. :( I'm glad you're continuing the memory making with your family. :)

Are you doing Hoop de Do? That's been on my own "must do" list for a long long time- maybe one day. What else goes on at Pioneer Hall (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/FW_037.html)?

The carriage ride sounds like a lot of fun... so does the boat (http://flmemories.com/files/locations/images/FW_052.html). Perhaps you'll have to take time to do both?

Thanks for seeing about my sweet Lindsey. Yes.. we are going to disney to make NEW memories and also as a tribute to her. One morning last nov as everyone else ran to their favorite ride at line drop, Lindsey had us go to funnel cakes for breakfast. So I am sure this will be something we do forever and ever. She made a comment that it was her idea of a "5 star meal".. :) My youngest(only 5) is having a hard time understanding all that is happening and recently told my sisterinlaw(who went with us to wdw in 2005) that she couldn't go to disney with us, cuz Lindsey went once and now she was dead... ughhh.... so I need to be sure she realizes that disneyworld had nothing to do with Lindsey's passing. The week Lindsey was at disney, was Lindsey's last good week as she had her fourth lung surgery the day after returning and then within a month had brain surgery. Just a tough situation for all of us as she was much more like a daughter to me than a niece.

Have never done the hoop de doo... a local guy has carriage rides once a year at a festival, it is a short ride though... so my girls are super excited about doing a half hour carriage ride at disney. Thanks for the links!