PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds at MK right now?

disneydoug
08-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I arrive 8-20-8-25 at BC.

We are hoping for lower crowd levels, of course.

Is anyone at the parks right now AND checking INTERCOT, haha.

Thanks, Doug

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
That would be nice, Doug. Maybe we can take the silence as news that the parks are so not crowded that anyone there now is out riding without lines? I'm optimistic.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
hey there... my daughter and I go about twice a week or so... but the crowds aren't dyin down much. kids are still out of school around here (florida passed a law that said schools aren't allowed to start more than 2 weeks before labor day) so that is likely affecting it. pasco county kids (near tampa) goes back the 20th...so I am guessing between the 20th and 27th is when most kids will be going back... so maybe it will lower considerably for your trip! :o)

Fantasmic
08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't know, but you'll be in WDW on my Birthday (the 23rd)

Catzle
08-14-2007, 05:24 PM
This is a good question. We are thinking about going next August around the 19th are we are also wondering how the crowds and weather is going to be. We have always gone in May but was the kids get older we are thinking of not taking them out of school. If anyone has any input on this upcoming weeks weather and crowds I love to hear any comments.

jonah'smom
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
(florida passed a law that said schools aren't allowed to start more than 2 weeks before labor day)

Man, I wish Georgia would follow suit with that law! We started back last week!

Jared
08-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Most schools have not started, so the parks are crowded. If you want light attendance, try traveling in September after Labor Day. The summer months are generally packed.

:)

PAMOUSELOVER
08-14-2007, 07:52 PM
:ditto:
We will be there from the 26th till Sept. 2nd.

jsw123
08-14-2007, 10:34 PM
We were there two weeks ago and were surprised at how light the crowds were. I've certainly been when it was far more crowded! Pleasantly surprised! (Only exception was MGM, but I think they just don't have enough to do to dissipate the crowds.) It was great! Have fun!:mickey:

jrpersinger
08-14-2007, 10:40 PM
My friends are there right now. When i asked her around noonish today how crowded it was, her response was 'manageable'. They have never been there before and were expecting much much worse. They said it is H-O-T! Its around 15 degrees warmed then when I was there the last week of June and we were melting then! LOL

CrazyStitch
08-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Last week when I was there, the crowds were decent. It wasn't lite, but it wasn't super-packed either. You could move around easily. I guess I'd call it "busy", but not quiet "heavy". Ride wait times where manageable, especially with fastpasses.

I'll agree with the H-O-T description. Nothing quiet like stepping out of your hotel room after taking a nice relaxing shower, only to find yourself in another shower produced by the sweat falling from your head :blush:

sleepingbooty
08-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Just got back last night. The crowds at Epcot and Animal Kingdom were manageable, MGM was pretty packed. Only went to MK once (didn't have the kids with us this trip) on Sunday night. We'd never done an evening EMH because are kids can't make it up that late so we thought we'd try it. We arrived about 9 and actually left by 11 (when the EMH would have started). It was absolutely insane. I've never seen that many people. There was even a line at the TTA. Now granted, I am used to September, so my perspective may be a little skewed, but it was way too crowded and hot in general while we were there. We had a good time, but we won't likely come back in the summer.

#1donaldfan
08-15-2007, 02:24 PM
We were just wondering the same thing...next year at this time we plan on going. I'm anxious to read the replies.....like someone said earlier.....it doesn't matter, as long as your at Disney and having fun.