PDA

View Full Version : Skybus Airlines Question

addicted2mickey
08-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Has anyone tried out this company? Booked fare to California for only ten dollars. Yes, I did say ten dollars, well, actually with taxes and fees, 4 of us are flying one way for only $82 and some change. Question is.....are they as bad as a co-worker told me yesterday? Said she flew with them and felt like she was at the mall (with all the staff attempting to sell merchandise, food, drinks, pillows, blankets, etc.). We will be flying out at 6:30 am so I think most of the flight we should be sleeping (with head phones on our ears to block them out). Thanks in advance for your help!!

LauraF
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, they don't fly to Orlando, so I've never paid them much mind. (I pretty much only fly to Orlando these days.)

What I do know is that they are like walking into a giant AirMall magazine. Their business model describes how they sell advertising space inside the plane to offset costs. They run out of Columbus OH, so unless you are departing from there it appears impossible to get RT tickets. It's not for everybody.

TheRustyScupper
08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
. . .felt like she was at the mall (with all the staff attempting to sell merchandise, food, drinks, pillows, blankets, etc.) . . .

1) This is no-frills.
2) You buy a seat, nothing else.
3) ANYTHING and EVERYTHING else is at a price
. . . water
. . . soda
. . . snacks
. . . merchandise
. . . CHECKED LUGGAGE