PDA

View Full Version : Living with the Land?

disneynarula
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
How has the addition of Soarin affected the wait times for riding Living with The Land?

McGoofy
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Last Thursday while the standby line for Soarin was 120 minutes, the wait for Living With the Land was only 20 minutes. I don't know if it is always that way.

jkj1224
08-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Right when soarin' opened lines were a little bit longer, but as of recently I haven't seen any drastic lines at living with the land...most times I've been there we've been able to walk on, a busy afternoon maybe a 15-20 minute wait. :)

Doug The Disney Man`
08-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Maybe I'm insane, but didn't there used to be a tour guide on Living With the Land? This year there was no guide. I wonder if that is affecting the ridership of the ride, or if Disney decided to get rid of the tour guides when the ridership fell?

magicofdisney
08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe I'm insane, but didn't there used to be a tour guide on Living With the Land? This year there was no guide. I wonder if that is affecting the ridership of the ride, or if Disney decided to get rid of the tour guides when the ridership fell?
I think it was about a year ago they replaced the live tour guide with an audio spiel. I don't remember the reasoning. So, you're not crazy. :mickey:

Jared
08-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I think Disney decided to add the audio loop because it allows for more boats simultaniously on the track. I'm not positive, but I vaguely remember reading that reasoning somewhere.

Anyway, I always expect to see long lines at Living with the Land because everyone waiting for their Soarin' FASTPASS window to open need something to do. But my logic seems to be faulty. I've never seen a line longer than 20 or 25 minutes, even during the busiest times of the day when everyone is waiting for Soarin' or lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

DizneyRox
08-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Rumors are they replaced the live CM guides with the audio spiel because it was tough to staff the ride. It allows them to get more boats going and cut down the waits by getting rid of the CMs.

I do think however that Soarin has increased the attendence within the Land pavillion. The efficiency of eliminating those CM positions has offset that increase in traffic. Wish there was something they could do about the traffic flow however.

FalconeNJ
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Last year I got on living with the land quicker then ever before I believe. Im pretty sure its because of more boaats because they didnt have the tour guide. A slight loss because the guides were sometimes pretty entertaining instead kind of the flat audio speil. The price of quicker lines I guess.

McGoofy
08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Anyway, I always expect to see long lines at Living with the Land because everyone waiting for their Soarin' FASTPASS window to open need something to do. But my logic seems to be faulty. I've never seen a line longer than 20 or 25 minutes, even during the busiest times of the day when everyone is waiting for Soarin' or lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

Perhaps people don't really wait around the Land because usually a fastpass for Soarin involves a few hours of waiting.