PDA

View Full Version : FP question

disneynarula
08-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Can anyone clarify the rules about FP. I am not looking for a way to get around the system but am interested in the WDW policy.

When are you eligable to get a second FP?

For example say I get to Epcot in the early morning and my FP for Soarin says return between 4:00 and 5:00?

At what point can I try to get a FP for Test Track or Malestrom?

What if I am late for my return time?

McGoofy
08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
The back of your fastpass will tell you when you are eligible to get a new one. I'm pretty sure they don't make you wait more than 2 hours before getting a new one. We got a fastpass for soarin at 10am. We couldn't ride until 3:30pm, but we were able to get a new fastpass around 12pm. However, if your ride time is less than a 2 hour wait, you can get a new one FP after the ride time.

jkj1224
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
normally you would be eligable for a second fast pass after the return time on your first one...for instance on a fp with a return of 4:00-5:00 you could go and get another one after 4:00. Now in the instance of soarin when the return time can be hours away there is usually a time printed on the bottom of the fp prior to the actual return time for soarin so you are not excluded from enjoying other attractions. Hope that made some sense! :)

WDWfanatic742
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Last time I checked, it was two hours or the beginning of your time listed on the pass. Whichever comes first.

Speedy1998
08-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Last time I checked, it was two hours or the beginning of your time listed on the pass. Whichever comes first.

I believe that is the offical policy.

Regardless, the time that you can next fastpass is printed on the ticket.

As far as return time, that seems to vary. I have heard some CMs say that only the start time of your fastpass matters. On the otherhand I have heard stories of people that were not allowed to use there fastpass because they came too far after there window.

disneynarula
08-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks!

princessM0m
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
As far as return time, that seems to vary. I have heard some CMs say that only the start time of your fastpass matters. On the otherhand I have heard stories of people that were not allowed to use there fastpass because they came too far after there window.

Unofficially I think it is left up to cast members' discretion. Technically they don't have to let you in after your window closes but most times they will. I have never had trouble getting in with my fast pass after the window printed on the ticket closes. However, they may be more stringent with rides like Soarin' that ALWAYS seem to have a long wait time.

disney_mommy
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
They will usually accept you after the window, even at Soarin' , although if there are crowds of people getting on the ride in the Fast Pass lane when you return, they normally have you wait off to the side until all of the big groups have entered the line.

KylesMom
08-15-2007, 05:39 PM
When we were there in June, there were days when we were eligible for another FP in less than an hour of getting the previous one. This would usually occur in the morning hours. If we arrived in the afternoon, however, we always had to wait longer. There was no rhyme or reason to the wait time, and each day it was different. Believe me, we tried to figure out a pattern to no avail!

To use your example, if you got to Soarin' at 11:00 am and had a FP return time of 4 or 5 pm, you absolutely WILL be eligible to get another FP much sooner than that. How much sooner is anyone's guess, however. We have come to believe that if the park is busy, the machines adjust the wait times before you can get another FP.

Regardless, your return FP time as well as the time you can get another FP will always be on the bottom of your ticket.

We have never had a problem utilizing a FP after it expired, but as mentioned you cannot use your FP before the return time posted on your ticket.

Oh, and if you grab a FP at another park and then leave, you will need to wait until the marked time to get another. Amazing how they "track you"! :mickey:

Nekochan
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM
You mean you can only get one fastpass at a time? I can understand one fastpass at a time for each attraction. I always thought I could like get a FP for Jungle cruise, then get another for thunder mountain etc. Could someone reexplain this? I'm very confused.

robhink
08-15-2007, 09:58 PM
You mean you can only get one fastpass at a time? I can understand one fastpass at a time for each attraction. I always thought I could like get a FP for Jungle cruise, then get another for thunder mountain etc. Could someone reexplain this? I'm very confused.

You are normally limited to one Fast Pass, so you can't go around to all of the rides and get them all at once. When you get the Fast Pass it will have on the ticket when you can get your next Fast Pass

McGoofy
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
You are normally limited to one Fast Pass, so you can't go around to all of the rides and get them all at once.

Unless you are lucky to be a winner of a Dream Fast Pass! :pixie:

We thought the same thing the very first time that we used a fastpass a few years ago. We thought we were going to collect a few passes and then sit back and enjoy the rest of the day. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. It's just one at a time.

We have never had trouble using a late fast pass. When we were there last week we even were late arriving to Soarin and had no trouble using it.

The look of the fastpass has changed. I'm not sure when they did that. When we went in May it still had the old look. Then when we went last week, they looked completely different. We noticed that it had our annual pass number as well as the expiration date of our annual pass printed on it. I guess this makes it very easy to track who's ticket it was obtained with, when and where it was obtained, etc. As another poster said, it is very easy to track from park to park even. I'm wondering if the look change had anything to do with all of that fast pass fraud that was going on Ebay?

Bobby T
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM

The standard duration is two hours. So if you acquire a fastpass at 10 AM, generally you will be able to acquire another at Noon. That duration can shorten if the park is not very crowded. As others have said, you can have multiple fastpasses if your fastpass arrival time is later in the evening. (Say the fastpass you got at 10 AM for Soarin' has an arrival time of 3 PM, you can get another fastpass for Test Track at noon)

What's imperative to make the system work its best is to pay attention to the time you can get another fastpass, and acquire another one as close to that time as possible.