PDA

View Full Version : Extra key

mook3y
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Can you get an extra key made?

We are staying at BWV and wanted to know if I could get an extra key with room access only, so that my parents could take a break in the middle of the day without us.

Thanks!

Jasper
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
As long as they are a registered guest of the hotel there should be no problem. I also don't think this should be a problem even if they are not but I don't know for sure since I have never tried this at WDW. I have done this at other hotels and never had a problem so I assume that it would be ok at WDW as well.

TheRustyScupper
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
1) When adult keys are cut, you will be charged.
2) The price per adult guest per night is $15-$25, based upon resort.
3) It is assumed a key represents an overnight guest.
4) Regardless of your spin, how does the resort know?

NOTE: This gets even more complicated. Adults over two per room are charged a per adult per night fee. However, there are room capacity rules, such as 4-per-room. If you have 2-kids, this might put you beyond the capacity of the room.

BronxTigger
08-14-2007, 04:41 PM
This is a slightly different question from the OP (I think). If the person registered to the room has a package, but wants a friend to have access to the room with their own key, wouldn't that friend also have to have the full package?

vamaggie
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Couldn't you give your parents one of your room tickets to use? Even if you have the DDP, all the credits will be pooled so you won't need all your keys with you all the time unless you think you are going to be doing a lot of FastPassing while your folks nap.

thrillme
08-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Hmm in the past I've always been offered a key for each person in the room and then given a choice as to whether or not I want charge capabilities on them. Mine I put the charge capabilities on my son's I don't. If I have a friend on the plan with me then I don't put charge on that one either if it's on my card.

mook3y
08-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Couldn't you give your parents one of your room tickets to use? Even if you have the DDP, all the credits will be pooled so you won't need all your keys with you all the time unless you think you are going to be doing a lot of FastPassing while your folks nap.

Yeah, so long as were not park hopping, shouldn't be an issue. Not to worried about it. LOL we probably be ready to take naps wit them.

TammiMcMan
08-14-2007, 07:25 PM
This is a slightly different question from the OP (I think). If the person registered to the room has a package, but wants a friend to have access to the room with their own key, wouldn't that friend also have to have the full package?The guests you have listed on your reservation all need to be on the same package when you check in. If your friend is coming later and checking in, then they can be a room only and would follow the same procedures described by RustyScupper above.

Hmm in the past I've always been offered a key for each person in the room and then given a choice as to whether or not I want charge capabilities on them.I believe the OP's request is different because they were looking for an additional key for someone not on the room reservation.

Because room keys can be used to identify EMH guests and used for other resort ID, I think Disney handles the additional room key request a bit differently. I would ask at your resorts reservation desk and see what your options are. Just have a plan B if they can't accomodate you with an extra key.