PDA

View Full Version : New Nemo Ride

Gottaluvgoof
08-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I have seen several posts on here regarding the Nemo show and the lines, but what about the Nemo ride? Is there any cause for concern on getting on this one? I am going in September and not worried about most things, but I have never been on the Nemo ride.

Strmchsr
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
The Nemo ride at the Seas with Nemo and Friends is an extremely tame ride. It's the same pace as Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion and constantly moving. As such there aren't huge lines for it. It's always easier when the ride vehicles are constantly moving.

robhink
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't expect to see more than a 15 minute wait for the Nemo ride.

chrisb26
08-13-2007, 05:24 PM
As said above the Seas with Nemo and Friends is nothing to worry about it is very slow moving and extremely tame. It moves constantly and basically goes along with the nemo movie as dory and marlin try to find nemo. I have also never really seen a long line for it the good thing is since it is always moving so is the line. Maybe you heard about the submarine ride that is at Disneyland that is also new and to me would seem kind of claustrophobic if you don’t like small places but if you’re going to WDW then you don't really have to worry about it. Hope this helps
:)

Jared
08-13-2007, 06:47 PM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends is a fun attraction the first couple times. It's a tame ride completely geared toward children and appropriate for anybody.

I've never seen a line longer than 10 or 15 minutes, and most of the time is spent walking through the winding queue area.

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
We were lined up outside the pavilion and I think the wait was only 20 minutes... That was in May of this year.... The ride is slow moving and very tame.... You'll enjoy it...

teambricker04
08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, I was last at Disney at Christmas so it was really busy... which is probably why the line to Nemo was longer in the afternoons. We hopped right on straight away in the morning.

We all loved it. It was a great change for the living seas. Also, my 2 year old loved it... meaning it was tame. BUT.... we took my grandmother in law and she has a hard time adjusting to the low light quickly and had a hard time getting on to this ride and similar ones. She actually had her foot run over by a "dune buggy" the day before.

jsw123
08-14-2007, 11:08 PM
The line was not bad at all when we were there. I must say, I was disappointed in the ride, though. I'd heard most that Nemo and his friends were projected into the giant aquarium as if they were swimming with the real fish. This was true with the last two segments of the ride. The rest were just vigniettes on a video screen. It was serene and calm, but the aquarium itself was far better! The kids
(4,3,1,1) loved the aquarium, were mixed about the ride. (Still, when Nemo and Dory are in that tank with the other fish, it IS amazing!):mickey:

Jakk
08-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I absoutley LOVED this ride! My favrite scenes were the Jellyfish segment, and the Angler fish AA (the kukla (sp?) is awsome). I'm also wondering how they did Nemo projection with the real fish that was sooo kewl. The lines for it are never long (about 5-10 minutes at most) since it's a omniver (sp?) attraction (kinda like SSE). But don't miss it, it's awsome.....:number1:

Gottaluvgoof
08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'm glad the lines are never long. I'm planning my attack on making it on the big ones, Soarin, MS, TT, but I didn't want to miss this one, since it is new. My kids are 11 and 14, so I'm not worried about the fear factor, just the line factor :D 23 days and counting! :mjump::tigger::donald:

CrazyStitch
08-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I was there last week Tuesday (still need to write up a report), and the line got up to about half an hour, but then dropped to about 10 minutes, then fluctuated between the two. I think they were having issues with the ride though, as the queue stopped moving at one point, and the ride slowed to a crawl a couple of other times. When operating normally, it looks like the line moves pretty smooth.

letsdoitagain
08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
My family and I rode in early August. The wait was 30 minutes which was 30 minutes too long as far as I'm concerned. Both my 5 and 7 year old didn't care for it much as it is very slow moving and pretty boring. I wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for it. But that's just me.

TTAtravler
08-27-2007, 08:48 PM
:number1:We loved this new ride because the first time we rode it in April, the Dream Squad was there handing out those Fast Pass lanyards to everyone getting on!!!:thumbsup: It was right when the park had opened up and we went in to check it out while one of the people in our party went to get our fast passes for Soarin. We ended up with so many fast passes that day! It was the best day ever! Anyway, the lines were minimal at Nemo (we rode 2-3 times) the que is great. The ride is a very nice addition to the Seas.:nemo:

hnybear22
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
DH, DD(9) & I rode Nemo just after it opened last year- We all liked the ride and did not find it boring- I also agree the waiting area was very interesting, If you look up at the celing it looks like you are under water.
One warning- it is a very tame ride, but I get motion sickness pretty easily with Star tours (but no trouble in Soarin')and those kind of rides and had to close my eyes during the ride when Crush is swimming by and you are facing him. I got sick:ack: very quickly as we came into that area, so if you have anyone who is sensitive to this, you may want to keep that in mind :D

#1donaldfan
08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
June wasn't bad at all for the ride.....maybe a 15 minute wait, which was almost all walking into the ride area.....the ride is very, very good. It's a slow moving ride, sorta like HM. You'll enjoy it very much.

LudwigVonDrake
09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
The line moves very quickly because the ride is continuous. This is known as a "people eater" :mickey:

cal5755
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I can not wait to go on this ride with the family!! This is our third trip as a family (and have decided it will be a trip we take every other year) and both times we have gone the living seas was closed!! I went as a child a few times but don't remember it much. We are so excited to finally be able to see the seas pavillion and go on finding nemo... I am sure my dd 4 is going to love it!!

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
We went on this ride last week and the wait was not very long. It was a good ride for the younger kids. This was our first time to ride it and probably won't ride it again without kids. It was good but I thought it was kind of boring. I enjoyed the Crush show much more.

mermaidmarian
09-02-2007, 09:07 PM
This ride was a complete walk on for us on Friday, August 24th. I was underwelmed by it, I am sorry to say. I think I would have gotten more from it if some of the scenes were not so dark. The jellyfish and the scenes with Nemo and friends superimposed into the actual tank were the most engaging, IMO.

Here we go again...
09-03-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'm glad the lines are never long. I'm planning my attack on making it on the big ones, Soarin, MS, TT, but I didn't want to miss this one, since it is new. My kids are 11 and 14, so I'm not worried about the fear factor, just the line factor :D 23 days and counting! :mjump::tigger::donald:

The line looks really long at times. Even though it goes outside and looks long, it does move pretty fast.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 02:40 AM
If you've never road Nemo then you have to ride it once. The ride is set up the same as the HM at Mk. SLow moving etc...but, it's one to take a load off the feet for about 5 min or so. I'd be at the park when it 1st opens and FP Soaring or TT or MS ride the ones you didn't FP then go ride Nemo back to your FP ride and finish whatever rides you hadn't done.

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Although it isn't as fun and original as the original and the lines can get scary, the ride itself is nothing to sneeze at.

crltkcagle
09-06-2007, 01:30 PM
my nieghbor just came back and she said the lines were very short for the nemo ride.