PDA

View Full Version : Would you upgrade POR to BC for $600?

susan39
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I have reservations for my family of 5 in November at POR. We have the opportunity to upgrade to BC for an additional $600. It is a good deal compared to the pricing on the Disney site. Any opinions? We will go to MK 2 times but will also go to the other 3 parks. I think it looks great on the website but want to know any ideas. Thanks!:confused:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I would do it. Its one of the hotels I would like to stay at but could never afford at the normal cost. The pool looks awesome and the rooms are larger.

SBETigg
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Absolutely! Go for it. Larger rooms, bigger beds, incredible pool, location. Well worth it.

Swimmergirl
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm sort of in the same boat - deciding between POR and spending the money to switch to WL. I think I'm going to go for it! Unlike other vacation destinations, the hotels at Disney are a huge part of the experience - and the experience at BC would be awesome! If this is the only time you would be able to afford to stay there, I'd jump on it. Plus it would give you a bit more room for your bunch. That said, POR is also wonderful and one of my favorites. Basically either way you can't go wrong!

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I would go for it!! We just deciced to switch to WL from POR for $500 more for next summer!!
Enjoy your trip:mickey:

Jen C.
08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
:thumbsup: Yes, I would not hesitate to go for it! :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes you should. We upgraded from POFQ to AKL on our last trip (2 pool view rooms) for a total of $800. So worth the money.

mouseketeer mom
08-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Yes. Worth it.

jakeybake
08-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I did exactly what your considering when we booked our trip 4 months ago. I originally booked POR because we had stayed there in the past and loved it. When free dining came out we decided to take the money we would of spent on dining and upgrade to the Beach Club.

We couldn't be more excited about our trip. Just the thrill of staying in a resort we had never stayed at before, especially a deluxe resort within walking distance of Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk makes the upcoming trip that much more exciting.

I say go for it!!!

Jay

mttafire
08-14-2007, 08:38 AM
We LOVE Disney deluxe resorts. We have only had the opportunity to stay at W.L. 2 times and C.R. 1 time. Normally we need to stay at a Mod or Value to save $$. If you can afford the Deluxe DO IT. We would EVERYTIME if we could.:mickey: I just really enjoy all that a deluxe has to offer. We're hoping that in 2010 (our next visit) We can save properly and have enough for a W.L. stay!:thumbsup:
Let me also add that..I consider staying at a Deluxe resort as an accomplishment.
If you have the ability to stay at one...Do it! You deserve it!

CanadianWDWFan
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Thats a no brainer! You will enjoy what the deluxe resorts offer. Also your proximity tp Epcot and MGM really make this resort and BWI great locations.

We upgraded to BWI from POFQ last year for $30/night more. The great thing about the Epcot resorts is that it is nice to walk to the parks. Epcot was a 5 minute walk and MGM was 15 minutes. We even walked through Epcot tp get the monorail to the TTC to get the MK. A long trip I know but better than waiting in line for the bus!

You won't be sorry that you upgraded!

Nicki'sMom
08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Go ahead and upgrade! It will be so much fun!

Ian
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
I would say depending on how long you're staying, yes.

If that's $600 extra for a week, go for it! If it's for two nights ... ummmmm ... not so much ....

Donalds Duckie
08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I would say depending on how long you're staying, yes.

If that's $600 extra for a week, go for it! If it's for two nights ... ummmmm ... not so much ....

Exactly what I was thinking. It depends on the length of your stay. I'd definitely change to BC for a week's stay but not for a couple of days.