PDA

View Full Version : Night Of Joy Info Plz

ariel03
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone who has attended Night of Joy can tell me about it. I have read the info from the info central section but wanted some first hand knowledge of the event.
DH is interested in doing this next year. Thanks! :mickey:

Mickie the Pooh
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I am sure you will get many replies with how wonderful the experience was for people. I have read them myself and it was one reason I went one year.
I am NOT one of them, we went one year and it was BAR NONE the worst experience I have ever had in any of the parks.
Contrary to what you would think there were roving GANGS and I use the word deliberately of teenagers who were smoking and foul mouthed worse than anything I have seen they cut you off, knocked you down etc. worse than Pop Warner and the Brazilians [ I have had the misfortune to be there for both]
And the NOISE was incredible, they had the music all over the park of course, trouble was they were all going on at once and all full blast, once we made it back to the Poly, left the event early as it was so bad, we could still hear not just noise but the actual lyrics from the shore of the hotel.
Sorry but that is what My experience was.:mad:

ariel03
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you for giving your take on the event. That is why I asked for peoples opinons on it.
I want to know the good and bad experiences people have had so I can get an idea on what things I could expect.

Does anyone know when they will release next years performers list?

Twinkletoes77705
08-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I on the other hand LOVED it. I was 28 when I went and that may be the differece. Yes they had ALOT of kids. Yet I live near Houston and went to Astroworld at least 10 times a year...and to me the amount of foul mouthed kids was not NEAR to that. I am big into Christian music and concerts and so it was GREAT to me. I loved the loud music and found the crowds to still be bearable. Put it this way....during the week what might have taken 5 to 10 min wait....then took 15 to 20 min....with the exception of Splash Mountain that was a 30 min wait. To me it was not FILLED with Disney Magic....but I was not exspecting it to be. It was a CONCERT and that was what it was....loud music and kids. I wanted to go back...but we are going in Jan. insted