PDA

View Full Version : Dinner: Impossible

ShelbyAD
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Does anyone else what this show on the Food Network? It's where a chef - Robert Irvine goes to these different places and is given a limited amount of food & time to prepare a gourmet meal for various number of people.

It's great! So far my favorite is the one where he has to cook a gourmet meal for 20 VIPs on a deserted island in the Bahamas - making meals with that is available on the island & in the waters. He had 4 hours to do so.

It's great. I don't know what time/day it comes on, because we have it set up to record and what I have noticed is that it's on different times & days (maybe new & reruns). If you haven't watched it yet, you should. It's a great show.

He once had 8 or 10 hours to cook for over 4,000 people. This includes, appetizers, salads, main course & desserts.

Disneyatic
08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
We watch this show and love it! Usually we catch it around 9:30 central time on weekdays.
My favorite episode is the one where he is at the ice hotel (I can't remember where it is though)...that place was so cool!

ShelbyAD
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Disneyatic - first off - I like your Avatar! Good thing to look at :thumbsup:

I missed that episode - I hope it comes back as a rerun. The ice hotels are in Alaska - usually around Fairbanks. I've seen them on the travel channel. I would love to stay at one of those. It would be one heck of an adventure.

chrisb26
08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
When I do watch this show I really do like it. I haven't seen the episode with them on the deserted island. But I have seen one where he had to cook like it was the 1700's using only things that where available back then he even dressed that part. Then I saw one where he had to cook for a bunch of cattle drivers. I do like this show I think its great what he comes up with and how he is able to cook so much food in so little time.

ShelbyAD
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I love how he's able to cook a gourmet meal in 7 or 8 hours when where he is doing it at, usually takes them a few days. hmmmmmm.

Did you see the one where he was cooking on a train? The woman who is the normal cook on the train, was not helping. Heck at one point she was sitting talking on the phone.

I've only seen him fail twice (but I've heard he has at least 3 times). One time was when he had to cook a several course meal at a baseball game by the 7th Inning Stretch. He had NO idea how long he had - since the inning can last 5 minutes or they can last 30 minutes.

The other one was at the Culinary Institute - he was not able to make one of the country's meal. DH said he did not make it when he was at a Frat House. I did not see that episode.

I did see the one at Colonial Williamsburg. That was good. Did you notice that the jacket they gave him was too small and ripped along he underarm?

tyandskyesmom
08-15-2007, 02:15 PM
One time was when he had to cook a several course meal at a baseball game by the 7th Inning Stretch. He had NO idea how long he had - since the inning can last 5 minutes or they can last 30 minutes.

I saw that one (the only one we have ever caught) and it was in Chicago...that's why we took notice! I thought she initially said he failed but then he explained that the food was all done and transported up the stairs which was all planned to get the food there and keep it warm and fresh. So she then changed her decision and he passed the challenge. I am remembering it incorrectly?

Anyway, we thought it was a really fun show!