PDA

View Full Version : Jibbitz question

SurferStitch
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay, I still haven't broken down and gotten a pair of Crocs....they are still way too ugly for me....

But....I did just order a pair of Skechers Calies, which has the holes that can accommodate Jibbitz, but are stylish like their Mary Janes. I found the Jibbitz site, but was wondering if there is a better place to get them. They have Stitch, which is perfect, but I plan on getting 6 or 8 total, and I was wondering if there's a better (a.k.a. cheaper) place to find them.

Thanks for any help!!

mulderxcoltrane
08-13-2007, 12:39 PM
I haven't bought any Jibbitz yet, but I have been checking out prices and it looks like it's cheaper to buy them from the official site, rather than ebay. you can get plenty on ebay, but then you have to pay shipping for each item. On the official site, you just pay one shipping fee(I think it's $3). Because jibbitz are so light, you can pretty much get as many as you want for one fee- I put 90 in my cart just to see if shipping would go up and it didn't!
I hadn't seen the skechers before- I just got the Crocs Mary Janes- couldn't bring myself to get the original style- too ugly!

Tinkerkel
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
We've bought several Disney jibbitz at Hallmark. I think they are around $4 or $5.

Bringonthemouse!
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I ordered from the official jibbitz website, they are definately cheaper and there is only a $3.00 shipping charge if you buy 1 or 20 jibbitz. My dd's crocs are now Disney worthy.
Only 111 more sleeps......:(

Sidenote: Be careful placing jibbitz on non-crocs. The materials from the skechers has be known to "rip". The shoe store I manage sells both brands and I have heard a lot of horror stories from customers who forced jibbitz through the holes of their skechers.

SurferStitch
08-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the heads-up....

I'll be VERY careful when I insert the Jibbitz. They are the whole reason I got the Cali style shoe!

vizsla
08-16-2007, 06:35 AM
DW and DD have been buying Jibbitz from some of the local Hallmark stores in our area. I don't know what they cost, but they must have a great Disney selection because all of them are Disney.

SurferStitch
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I just bought 2 Stitch Jibbits tonight at a gift shop in our local mall. Only $2.99 each plus tax. The lady at the store said the Stitch were always the first to sell out, so I lucked out.

I'll try them out as soon as my shoes show up, and hopefully I won't destroy them. If all works out well, they have every other Disney Jibbitz available, so I can get more.

pixiesmimi
08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
They sell Jibbiz in the shops at WDW. I saw them and bought some in June there. The ones I got were about $3.50. They are different prices. When I came home, the local store that sells Crocs was selling them and they were cheaper. I got some for about $1.50. I even got some Auburn Tiger ones. :) But mostly have Disney. I have been told not to put them on the Disney Crocs because the Mickey head holes won't hold them and they come out. Well, I decided to try this theory out and put mine on my Disney Crocs just to wear around home. Before the morning was over, I had lost one. So off they came. I will get another pair of Crocs to put these on. I don't know how they fit with other brands, but I will stick to the original Crocs. I plan to get more when I get there next week. I saw yesterday that they are now wearing the Jibbiz on those plastic or rubber bracelets that are just bands. They have holes punched in them with Jibbiz on them. This would be a cute idea with the Disney ones!

Bringonthemouse!
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I saw yesterday that they are now wearing the Jibbiz on those plastic or rubber bracelets that are just bands. They have holes punched in them with Jibbiz on them. This would be a cute idea with the Disney ones!

I bought one of these bracelets for my DD to wear as an anklet because her crocs were looking very "busy" with all the disney jibbitz she has. She loves it!

pixiesmimi
08-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I never thought about it as an ankle bracelet. I got one today with snaps and it is almost too large for me so I think it might be too large for my DGDDs. Having them wear it as an ankle bracelet might solve that problem. I think the one that don't snap, just a continuous circle might be better. I could probably punch holes in these myself.

SurferStitch
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Well, my Skechers showed up last night, and the Jibbitz juuuuuust fit. It was tight, but I got them in without the shoe material tearing.

I love the material of the shoe. Very lightweight, and hardly feels like plastic at all. Feels very similar to the Crocs, but they look 1000% nicer.

I think I'll be able to very nicely place 5-6 Jibbits on each shoe without it looking too cluttered, although I think 5 will be my limit (maybe even less).

Thanks for the info from everyone. I can't wait to head back to the mall to get more!