PDA

View Full Version : Are we the only family...

Dyanna
08-13-2007, 10:20 AM
whom if chosen by the Dream Squad to spend the night in Cindy's Suite would turn it down?

Here is the reason why we would do such a thing...if chosen you would loose out on a day in the theme park by having to go back to your hotel & pack your things & wait for the shuttle to come pick you up. If chosen we would love to at least go inside & see the suite but not stay overnight. We as a family feel that spending time in the parks is more important to us that a nights stay in the "suite".

DDuck66
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I guess that is one of the great things about WDW. It has something for everyone and you can do what you want. That being said, a stay at the Suite is a once in a lifetime event that i do not think I could pass up.

magicman
08-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I guess that is one of the great things about WDW. It has something for everyone and you can do what you want. That being said, a stay at the Suite is a once in a lifetime event that i do not think I could pass up.

I'm with DDuck66. I don't think I could possibly pass it up either.

Although it would require valuable "park time" to move to the Suite, I always feel like I will have more "park time" in my future, while the stay in the suite would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

DizNee143
08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
ya..you probably are...
who cares about the parks..theyll still be there!!
cuz im sure i wouldnt win a night in the castle more than once...so id do it!!!
but i guess to each his own...although i think it would be dumb to give up such an awesome experience just to have a few more hours of park time...

LibertyTreeGal
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
To be honest, if we did end up staying in the suite, it would be for me and not for the rest of my family. The only way I could ask them to do it is if we had already been there quite a few days, because my dh and boys would be miserable doing the stuff that comes with the whole suite stay -- and that would not be magical for me. I'd rather have someone else win the experience :)

UH OH, that was my 1000 post -- now I probably WILL end up being chosen and have to give it up!

mouseketeer mom
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Yep. Think you're the only one. The parks will always be there.
It would be like being royalty at WDW for the day! It would be like doing the park a whole different way! That you could never repeat again! Woo! I'm a little excited just thinking about it.:cloud9:

Cozfamilyof6
08-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I would stay in the castle suite - just pack up what I absolutely needed from my hotel room and leave the rest behind.

The parks will be there - but such a special experience won't.

:mickey:

K8screen
08-13-2007, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=LibertyTreeGal;1385866] because my dh and boys would be miserable doing the stuff that comes with the whole suite stay --

But what exactly comes with the whole suite stay? How does it work, do you get dinner or breakfast or what?

Donald A
08-13-2007, 11:57 AM
My wife and I do not like all the attention like being in a parade and stuff. However, I do not think I could turn it down. This would be a once in a lifetime experience.

You also need to remember that Disney is good at transportation. I imagine that they would give you transportation back to your hotel and to the suite (if you on the property). It probably wouldn't take too much time. I don't know, it probably won't happen so I probably won't have to worry about it.

I think a regular poster on Intercot won a stay this year. Maybe he can chime in (or already has) on this experience.

K8screen
08-13-2007, 12:05 PM
I think I would just buy toothbrushes in the park and stay put! I dont think I would miss it for anything!

kgoulash
08-13-2007, 12:21 PM
i have to admit i'm with the op, but maybe that's just because i'm with 2 young kids
it would be nice to see but i don't think i'd stay
to each their own!:mickey:

MMouse6937
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
ARE YOU CRAZY!!?? ;) jk

I could never pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity to stay in the castle. Even if it was just to look out the window and see the MK at night with no one in it. I am sure that like everything at Disney they make it easy and convienient for you to get your stuff and get to the suite. Plus you get to be in the parade. Yikes, it would be amazing. There is nothing that would make me pass it up and DH wouldn't dream of asking me to. :cloud9:

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I think a regular poster on Intercot won a stay this year. Maybe he can chime in (or already has) on this experience.

Ian won a night in the castle .... they got all kinds of VIP treatment! I wouldn't pass up that oportunity EVER!

Read this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103341&highlight=WDWacky) ... pages 2 and 3 have actual trip reports from Ian. They got a lot done and still stayed in the castle. Don't give up your dream ... you can live it!

Jasper
08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
From everything that was posted when our very own Intercot Champion won their stay, it sounded like the transportation was a snap. Basically they went to their hotel packed an overnight bag and left everything else to Disney.

Certainly this is one those "to each their own" situations, but even at age 22 my daughter (Who still travels with us) would kill me if I won the stay and turned it down. I don't think little girls EVER outgrow their love of Cinderella and their dream of finding their own Prince Charming!

Mickie the Pooh
08-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, and I would turn down the lottery if I won it too, after all who wants to have to worry what to do with all that money.

NOT!!!

Ian
08-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Not for nothin', but this may be the craziest thing I've ever heard.

You get VIP ACCESS to the Magic Kingdom. Front of the line priviledges for every ride ... explain how that's "missing out on valuable theme park time"???

Yes ... you're the only one ... it was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Who cares about riding Space Mountain for the 400th time when you could sleep in Cinderella's Castle???

DisneyFreak23
08-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, and I would turn down the lottery if I won it too, after all who wants to have to worry what to do with all that money.

NOT!!!

:rotfl: :goof: :funny:

dteed
08-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I would stay in the suite in a second. No way would I tur that down. if we were leaving and the kids had to be back at school guess what, we would be staying. No way do you turn something like that down.

murphy1
08-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh man, can I be the next person after you to be picked for it!!!!!!!!! I have wanted to go in there since I was a little kid growing up and it was the first thing I would see on Main Street.

mdearmas
08-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I think I would just buy toothbrushes in the park and stay put! I dont think I would miss it for anything!

totally I could deal with wearing the same clothes next day. lol this is something you may never get to do again! I wouldn't miss it for anything! Except maybe a vacation to all the disney parks around the world! LOL
:goofy:

TennesseeTink
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Not only would I stay in the castle but I would claim squatter's rights!!! They'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to make me leave. :thumbsup::cloud9:

I can understand being anxious to gather my belongings and hurry back to the park to get started on all the VIP treatment. But there's no way in this world I could ever turn it down. No way, no how!!!

Gottaluvgoof
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
GIMME GIMME GIMME, I'll be glad to take it for you. I can't even imagine giving that up. NOT A CHANCE

LoriMistress
08-13-2007, 06:41 PM
When you win a night stay at the castle, they give you the Ultimate FP so you can go on the rides with little wait. Yes, it may take up to an hour to go back to your hotel and grab your overnight stuff. But you get so much more then a night stay at the castle. I've read many reports on people who have won. Though, I do completely understand why people may turn it down. IMHO, I wouldn't turn it down.

casey@bat
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I would give up my entire week of park time for one night in the castle!

My favorite part would be looking out the window after the park closes I think.

Jared
08-13-2007, 07:02 PM
I've been waiting for a thread posing this post to appear. My mother once said she would probably decline an invitation to stay in Cinderella Castle.

My family would probably accept if chosen but mainly for my sister. The idea is simply not especially appealing to me.

If I were vacationing with my mother, father and brother alone, we would probably try to give the prize to another happy group.

Honestly, I'd hate receiving so much special treatment, and staying alone in the Magic Kingdom overnight is strangely isolated and lonely. Many posters have said how their favorite part of the night would be looking out the window into the empty theme park. That's the exact thought that makes me cringe. Remember this is coming from the same person who likes visiting the parks during busy times because I like the crowds.

I guess we're weird!

:)

glenpreece
08-13-2007, 09:28 PM

NOT!!!

H I Larious!!!!!!

DisneyKim22
08-13-2007, 09:32 PM
My family and I discussed this very topic over the weekend. There are 11 of us going in November. My husband told me that he would just go back to the hotel because it doesn't mean anything to him. He's a nut case, but I love him!

My sister, mom, SIL and nephews would take it in a heartbeat!!

MickeysEars
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I would never turn it down! I would change my departure date if I could

chrisb26
08-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't think I would ever pass it down either. Yeah you do maybe lose part of the day at the park but you really do make up for it. Like Ian said you get VIP access to the Magic Kingdom. If you miss part of the day at another park make up for it by spending your VIP time to take care of the Magic Kingdom park. Then the day you where supposed to go to the Magic Kingdom go to the park you missed. The castle suite stay is a once in a lifetime thing. You can always go back to the park even if it might be a few years. But the chances are if you won a night in the castle you wouldn't be able to get that again on your next trip.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
We would take the night in the Castle in a heartbeat. In fact, my DD 3, is convinced we are staying in the Castle when we get there next month.:cloud9:

Do you think she will think SSR is so great she will forget about staying in Cinderella's Castle?? ;)

I know my sons would even think the experience was amazing.

We have our fingers, toes, etc all crossed here. 30 days until we arrive.

snifflesmcg
08-14-2007, 02:48 AM
There isn't even a CHANCE I would turn this down. However, if you do turn it down, keep me in mind :D.

Lizzie
08-14-2007, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't turn this down. But I can't imagine staying there with two 17 month old twins. Will they set up two cribs and I would need to grab a large overnight bag and is there a fridge with milk in case I need it?

murphy1
08-14-2007, 07:27 AM
But the cool thing about looking out and being the only ones there is that it's kind of how Walt liked to be in the parks before anyone else, it reminds me of something that would make him smile.

pogo
08-14-2007, 07:34 AM
My wife and I talked about this during our last trip. :confused:

Seeing that we are two mature :old: adults, we agreed that if asked, we'd decline it and ask them to give it to somebody with a family.

But then again..... I'm sure they wouldn't approach a couple without childern. :D

Ian
08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't turn this down. But I can't imagine staying there with two 17 month old twins. Will they set up two cribs and I would need to grab a large overnight bag and is there a fridge with milk in case I need it?Yes, they will set up two cribs for you and yes there's a fridge.

Seeing that we are two mature :old: adults, we agreed that if asked, we'd decline it and ask them to give it to somebody with a family.

But then again..... I'm sure they wouldn't approach a couple without childern. :DIt doesn't work this way. You can't, "ask them to give it to somebody with a family."

If you turned it down, they'd just go back to the computer and select another random winner. They cannot, in any way, shape or form, "select" people to win. It all has to be random. Which is why it doesn't matter that you have no children. You have just as good a chance to win as anyone else, with the exception that your odds are some infinitesimal amount lower due to the smaller size of your party.

kaerbear178
08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
whom if chosen by the Dream Squad to spend the night in Cindy's Suite would turn it down?

Here is the reason why we would do such a thing...if chosen you would loose out on a day in the theme park by having to go back to your hotel & pack your things & wait for the shuttle to come pick you up. If chosen we would love to at least go inside & see the suite but not stay overnight. We as a family feel that spending time in the parks is more important to us that a nights stay in the "suite".

I wouldn't want to stay in the castle either. I am terrified of empty carnival type places at night and I think that it would destroy MK for me--- I would start to look at it like one. I've also never dreamt of being a princess so it's a little too girly for me. All the special treatment would be great but it's just my fiance and me who doesn't want it either. I would rather pass it onto a family that does want it and maybe get a dream fastpass instead.

Matt's Dad
08-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow ....think about it, if you win a night in the castle, you are one of only 365 families a year that gets to brag about it..... pretty special ... you thought till now.

If you turn down .... you might be the ONLY person on the planet that could make that claim. Truely special.

OK, no way in the world I would turn it down ... just trying to look at a 99% empty glass and call it 1% full for anybody who would turn it down.

By the way .... I could pack for an overnight stay in 3 minutes or less (for my entire family) if we won ... and thats if we just didn't go to mainstreet, hit a gift shop, and buy everything we would need for 18 hours or so and STAY IN THE PARK EVERY MINUTE.

wedway76
08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
We wouldn’t turn it down either, and my family wouldn’t miss a day in the parks.

I’ll tell you what would happen… My DW and DS would send ME back to our resort to pack a bag for them!

Ian
08-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I would rather pass it onto a family that does want it and maybe get a dream fastpass instead.Once again, it can't be "passed on." If you decline, they simply ask the computer to randomly select another place and time to pick another winner.

You could just as easily be passing it on to a convicted felon as a family who wants it.

My advice to anyone who wins it is to take it, regardless of whether you think you'd like it or not ... the front-of-the-line ride access alone is worth the price. Not to mention all the other freebies that go with it.

Mommy2boys
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM

I agree!

crazypoohbear
08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd take it in a heart beat!
My only question would be
could I still have my glass of wine at the end of the night??
Also, does anyone (IAN) know how many people can stay in the castle.
We are going down with 10 people!
If you win is it just for the people staying in your room or your whole party??
Cuz for a stay in the castle, I'm sure we could double up in the beds

cheshirecollector
08-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm another odd one out who would decline it. While it's a dream come true for so many who go to WDW, my dream vacation is totally different. I don't like packing and unpacking, I'd rather not have all that attention, I'm not interested in eating or staying at the castle, I don't go on that many rides, and I don't usually watch the fireworks. (You're probably all thinking right now, why do you even go to WDW? :blush:) So, I'd rather let the prize go and hope that the next random person is more excited than I would be to win it.

boomer
08-14-2007, 08:13 PM
being the mother of two boys i don't think they would be that impressed with the cinderella suite. now if it was the pirates of the caribean ship maybe.

Madame Leona
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I never really considered the whole packing aspect of staying in the castle. I think I would be afraid to go back to my room and give them a chance to change there mind. Our newest Disney Baby will be here in a couple of months and we are planning on going back when he/she is 1. I may just have to pack a bag and bring it with us everyday. Hey, if I don't leave the park they can't give our stay to someone else :blush:. In all seriousness though, if we didn't have kids, my husband would divorce me if I turned down a stay at the castle. I do respect the people who would turn it down though. If you don't want it, it's very nice to give someone who dreams about it the chance.

Ian
08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Also, does anyone (IAN) know how many people can stay in the castle.
We are going down with 10 people!
If you win is it just for the people staying in your room or your whole party??There is a limit of 6 people total in the room. The prize is good for you and a maximum of 5 other members of your party.

I'm not 100% sure what would happen if you had a party of 10 and had to exclude 4 people. I would guess they would offer them some other sort of compensation (maybe an upgrade to one of the big suites?), but I don't know for sure.

I never really considered the whole packing aspect of staying in the castle.Quite honestly, the packing up was a non-event. They drove us in a private car back to our hotel, we went in, threw a few things in a bag (it's only one night!), and then they picked us up again in a private car and whisked us back to MK. The whole thing took maybe an hour.

They even handle your bags for you, so you don't have to worry about them. When we showed up at the suite they were there waiting for us.

Nascfan
08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
What would I need to pack for? I know for certain I wouldn't be sleeping. I'd be WAAAAAY too excited!

No way, no how, on God's green earth would I ever even think about turning down a night in the castle. Nope, no way. :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Yep, I would take it in a second.

I can see it now....
I look down Main Street and there is no one, except my family and I in the Magic Kingdom.

Gosh, i get hyper just thinking about it

Maybe in 23 days....

MNMS
08-21-2007, 05:42 PM
With 2 daughters - 6 and 4 we'd definitley go. As far as missing park time, big deal. You can make that up on another trip (or if your there for 8 or 10 days how much are you really going to miss?).

I'd let my wife and kids continue at the park and I'd run back to the hotel to get stuff for all of us.

conorsmom2000
08-21-2007, 08:32 PM
and staying alone in the Magic Kingdom overnight is strangely isolated and lonely. Many posters have said how their favorite part of the night would be looking out the window into the empty theme park. That's the exact thought that makes me cringe.
Honestly, that part makes me cringe a little too - I hate to admit it, but I'd be a tiny bit creeped out. But, that being said, I'd still do it if selected - bottom line is that it is a once in a lifetime experience - the kind of story that Conor would be thrilled to tell his grandchildren some day! :D

MinnieMommie
08-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I can't speak for my family (they're sleeping) but I would love the chance to stay in Cindy's place. :mickey:

ncscgirl2005
08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
OMG, that would be so cool to win that. Sorry but don't think we would turn it down. I'm a grown woman with two kids and my heart melted when Cinderella blew a kiss at me! I would LOVE to stay in MK. Just one question though:
What time is Check-out? :blush:

jclightchasr
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Not for nothin', but this may be the craziest thing I've ever heard.

You get VIP ACCESS to the Magic Kingdom. Front of the line priviledges for every ride ... explain how that's "missing out on valuable theme park time"???

Yes ... you're the only one ... it was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Who cares about riding Space Mountain for the 400th time when you could sleep in Cinderella's Castle???

For those of us who unfortunately don't get vacation but once every couple of years (sometimes as long as 5) A trip to disney is very important and I was going to have to agree with the original poster but after reading this from Ian I have changed my mind. VIP treatment with first in line access would enable you to see plenty of the parks. I have 3 children all are younger and some itineraries I have read RE the "suite" treatment sounded like a day of photo shoots and publicity events which my family and myself would not enjoy. However if there is time to still have a vacation experience I would definately stay in the castle

Ian
08-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I have 3 children all are younger and some itineraries I have read RE the "suite" treatment sounded like a day of photo shoots and publicity events which my family and myself would not enjoy.I can't speak for everyone, but we had very limited amounts of time where we were tied up for anything like photo shoots or publicity (in fact, I don't think we had any publicity stuff to do at all).

The biggest chunk of time "wasted" was the approximately 90 minutes it took for them to verify us as winners and fill out all the paperwork and stuff. But even that part was cool, because we got to do it in a VIP lounge in Animal Kingdom.

Outside of that, we were Grand Marshals in the parade (which was optional) and we did have to spend about 5 minutes posing for pictures. That was it. The rest of the time was ours to dictate as far as activities go.

And honestly speaking, even if you don't visit WDW very often, you at least have a chance of coming back. You have just about a zero percent chance of winning the Castle Suite more than once (or at all, really). I can't envision any scenario in which it would make a lot of sense to turn it down, assuming it's something you have any interest in.

I can, however, totally relate to someone who says, "Hey ... that's not for me!"

boobalk
08-22-2007, 01:56 PM
:clappy::clappy: A night in the castle? I should be so lucky! Return trips are a given for us, but a night in the castle would probably be a one-time offer ! I'm assuming that if chosen, one would not have to give up current accomodations to stay there for 1 night. So, packing would be minimal. As for giving up "park time", I think the sacrifice would be worth it!:thumbsup:

Laughin' place
08-27-2007, 02:56 PM
To be honest, if we did end up staying in the suite, it would be for me and not for the rest of my family. The only way I could ask them to do it is if we had already been there quite a few days, because my dh and boys would be miserable doing the stuff that comes with the whole suite stay -- and that would not be magical for me. I'd rather have someone else win the experience :)

UH OH, that was my 1000 post -- now I probably WILL end up being chosen and have to give it up!

I couldnt turn down a nite in the suite -- even tho my family consists of four "macho" boys. I do admire LIberty Tree's thoughtfulness toward the rest of her family. If she ever does get lucky with a Dream that's not exactly to her family's liking, I hope some of her generousity and love has rubbed off on them, and they put her wishes first. a good mom.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I would take the time to throw a bag together, 10 minutes tops, and be back at MK without skipping a beat. I would NEVER turn it down.

disneycouple2004
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
We could not pass that up...could you just imagine the phone call: Yes this is ......we have just been chosen to spend the night in the Castle..please be a hero and send our items from our room over to the castle by nightfall..we will be in the parks please leave our things in the suite if we are not in..:thumbsup:

that would be AWESOME !!..and i am sure they would pickup your things the next day and send them wherever you like..its Disney after all..:D

thrillme
08-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Shucks...I'd have to go for it just to make a bunch of fellow Intercotees a bit jealous:thedolls: HA HA

I do wonder what's all included with this. Some have said a good handful of fastpasses or front of the line passes....Oh my...that will be worth it right there. My DS is totally all boy but wouldn't mind some braggin' rights.

Last spring we were stranded in Phoenix for two days because the Airlines really screwed up our flights. I can definately handle wearing the clothes one extra day if need be. Hand soap and a blowdryer and I'm good to go. I'm TOUGH.

If I do feel the great need to go back and pack an overnight kit. Piece O' cake. It will take me about 5 mins to throw in an outfit, un-mentionables and a toothbrush for each of us and we're good to go. They have TONS of cabs there if I was really in a rush to get there and back it's not all that financially painful to catch a cab to the hotel and back.

mousetrapper
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh my goodness! I never even considered the possibility of turning down such a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

If they picked you, and you didn't want it, could you call me and I'll take the prize?!? Darn, you'll be there in October, and we're going in November! :blush:

Seriously, I think this is one of those things that, if you turned it down, you'd look back at it and regret it. It is only one night, after all. And I think once the kids walk into that amazing Castle -- girls and boys alike -- they will flip with joy.

Plus, I heard you can ask for things...I suppose that means you can get root beer or a pizza or something like that...or a few of your kids' favorite Disney movie DVDs...special requests, within reason, of course.

I, like a previous poster, would ask for a bottle of wine, or, better yet, champagne! I wonder if they'd do that, since MK is a "dry" park!

What would YOU ask for?!?

:mickey:

martinfamily5
08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
For those of you who have not read it, an intercot family did win and have posted details and pictures in a thread. Do a search for the Wackey Family in the Castle. He did a great job of sharing their experience. We go in October and I would be :cloud9: if we won. I would be :cloud9: if we won anything or even an upgrade. Love Disney.

Ian
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I do wonder what's all included with this. Some have said a good handful of fastpasses or front of the line passes....Oh my...that will be worth it right there.Here's a basic rundown of what we won ... some of it was part of the offical prize and some of it was thrown in as general perks:

The night stay in the Castle Suite
Special YoaMD Mickey ears for all in our party
The chance to be Grand Marshals of the MK parade that day
Free Photopass photos of our party at various times during the parade and after
On demand drinks, snacks, etc. for the duration of our stay at the suite
Personal VIP tour guide(s) to attend to all our needs, arrange for front-of-the-line access to all rides, shows, etc. Also handled babysitting for ride swap situations, luggage, transportation, etc.
Free dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table
Free breakfast at Crystal Palace
VIP viewing seating for Spectromagic and Wishes
VIP seating for Finding Nemo - The Musical (because we missed the show while we were filling out our winners paperwork)
White chocolate replica of Cinderella's horse and carriage

There was other stuff I'm sure I'm missing, but honestly there was just so much I forget it all. It's a lot more than just the suite, though. I mean we did not wait in one single line the entire time we were in MK that day. Front of the line for everything, plus the ability to stay in the parks and wander around until the last guest is out.

DisneyDudet
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
While I can see why some people would turn it down, I wouldn't.

We know we're going again, and we've been many times before, so a day that was not in our plan wouldn't really bother us too much.

What would be amazing to me is to stand in Main Street USA, with not a soul around. Empty. MK is just open for me!!!

And I'm curious Ian, did you need to change your name since you became all famous and such? :cool: Or did your stay in the castle just take all the Wackiness out of you?

Ian
08-28-2007, 02:41 PM
And I'm curious Ian, did you need to change your name since you became all famous and such? :cool: Or did your stay in the castle just take all the Wackiness out of you?Ha ha ha!! No, actually I never liked my username and finally decided to do something about it.

There's something about a grown man being called "Wacky" that just got on my nerves. ;)

jedigrrrl
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
There's some crazy-talk going on in this thread! There is NO VALID REASON to turn this down! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

DisneyorBust
09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
I would never turn it down! Not only would it be a wonderful memory but if I turned it down it would surely break my DD's hearts!

LibertyTreeGal
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
There's some crazy-talk going on in this thread! There is NO VALID REASON to turn this down! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

That is pure nonsense -- there are many valid reasons to turn it down.

My 6 year old sons would be miserable if, early in the day, we had to go back to the room and pack, go on tours, host a parade, go to V&A, etc... instead of riding. As for having the park to yourself later, we are "early to bed' folks and we would be miserable trudging around the parks late at night. Also, we travel from a long way away, so taking a whole day out of our vacation is apretty big deal. Plus, my DH has expressed a complete lack of interest as well, so there's another reason (and he adores Disney!).

Now, if we could just do dinner at V&A and stay the night in the castle, then we'd be all for it. :mickey:

Ian
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Now, if we could just do dinner at V&A and stay the night in the castle, then we'd be all for it. :mickey:There's no dinner at Victoria and Albert's. You dine at the Castle.

LauraSAnne
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I too would pass on the offer to stay in the castle. Different strokes for different folks!

Just because some of us would choose to not stay the night, doesn't make us out of our minds or crazy like some of you are (jokingly) implying. I don't think those of you who WANT to stay are crazy, it's just a different preference than mine. People have their reasons for why they like or dislike things (i.e. the way food tastes, the experience of something, etc.) Maybe it's hard for someone to grasp the opposite of what they might like, but that's what makes all of us who we are...different!

LauraSAnne
09-24-2007, 04:06 PM
There's no dinner at Victoria and Albert's. You dine at the Castle.

I think she's saying if that's where dinner was, it'd make her day...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-25-2007, 01:36 AM
I can say that I go to the parks, pretty much every day as a guest. And I never win the suite.

Not that I could accept it anyways. Stupid fine print. It really is a rare event.

Disney though knows it's an inconvienance and they make sure they accomodate you accordingly. I've been told of them getting all kinds of goodies.

But you cannot leave the castle to explore after hours. After the park closes, you cannot leave. But you aren't alone either. There are people at Disney 24/7/365.

You also don't have to stay out of the hotel. Once you win it, you can choose to stay in there the whole time if you want. You don't have to see Wishes or Spectro (but it might be loud and all).

Personally, I think a lot of you would like seeing the overnight rehersals more than anything else if you won the castle. Because trust me, cleaning and decorating isn't that much fun to watch. Working MS, that's how I get to see a lot of the parades and shows before they are public.