PDA

View Full Version : Disney Overload

Cozfamilyof6
08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
My parents took my brothers and I to Disney countless times while we we growing up in 1974-1992....and then for me came college, job, marriage and children and I had not been to WDW in 14 years. Last year I went back with my parents, DH and our 3 children. We had a BLAST - it was even better than I remembered.

We are going back in October with my in-laws and now we have 4 children. And being the planner that I am I have read every official and unofficial book twice, watched every vacation planning video a dozen times and read everything on the web that there is to read about WDW.

So now - I'm on vaction overload - I'm honestly feeling like I don't want to go to WDW in 75 days. Is it too much of a good thing? Or have I gotten myself turned off by all the magic? I hope this feeling passess............:confused:

iheartdisney
08-13-2007, 10:02 AM
My bet is that the magic will return to you the minute you walk down main street and see the castle in front of you.....and sooner, if your kids get as excited as mine do as the trip approaches!

LauraF
08-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Log off the vacation planning for a week. You'll feel better. I think you may have gotten yourself so worried about doing it "right" that you missed the fun. WDW will still be there in a week. (And with 75 days to go you still have plenty of time to plan.) :)

January-2007
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I've felt like that before and what helps the most is to just stop planning. Everything is taken care of, I don't need to tweak anything else, I try to just wait for the vacation to arrive. It's a lot less stressful! I think if you could get another hobby or just stop watching all the videos and reading all the books and just maybe know the vacation is going to be fun and accept it you will want to go again. This too shall pass. :mickey:

DisneyFreak23
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Disney Over load????? such a thing exists?? how awful! lol!:mickey::D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Back away from the planning! I'm sure if you take a break and immerse yourself in something else for awhile, you'll get the excitement back.

Cozfamilyof6
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Back away from the planning! I'm sure if you take a break and immerse yourself in something else for awhile, you'll get the excitement back.

School starts in a few weeks for my children - lots to get ready for and I won't have time to worry about the World for a while. :)