PDA

View Full Version : Alas...another dining question. Sci FI or Nine Dragons

disneynarula
08-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for all your help on all my previous dining questions. Here is yet another one.

Where would you eat lunch? NIne Dragons or Sci Fi?

Our party includes DS2, DS11months,DH,MIL(vegetarian) and myself. It is first time to WDW for everyone except me, a wdw vetereran.

I am more interested in food quality than atmosphere and will arrange our park schedule around our ADRs.

I am kind of concerned about eating with the kids at Sci FI. I don't think we can sit in a car with a high chair and it seems kind of silly to go there to just sit at a table.

My concern with Nine Dragons is that it seems kind of silly to go all the way to WDW to eat Chinese food. We have quite a few of Chinese places here.

DestinationWDW
08-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Have never eaten at Nine Dragons, but have done so at Sci-Fi in a car table with the high chair out to the side and it worked out just fine. Darkened, quiet atmosphere in the heat actually quite nice for toddler in tow - food just okay from my experience - but this was several years ago. Would go once just for the "atmosphere" . Have a great trip! :mickey:

Goofeygal
08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
We have never eaten at Nine Dragons but we do enjoy eating at the Sci Fi. The food is good but the atmosphere is great. Like stated above dark and cool nice break from the heat.

Terra
08-13-2007, 08:29 AM
I love them both!!

But with a vegetarian in tow I probably would choose Nine Dragons...Seems like there is more variety without meat [lots of veggies of course] and the you can order vegetable rice/noodles...just about anything...

LauraF
08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, none of the food is *actually* vegetarian at Nine Dragons. I asked, and they told me they use chicken stock and fish paste in lots of meals.

Unfortunately Sci-Fi isn't much better. But their entrees (like the shrimp penne) can easily be made vegetarian if you ask. They did have a marinated tofu dish for lunch, but I don't know if it's offered for dinner.

GhostHost999
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I know in a lot of threads, Sci-Fi does not get a lot of play, but I love that place. Now it's true that I do have a weak spot for old sci-fi and horror movies BUT think of it this way...You can probably get chinese food at home...but I would be willing to bet that you can't eat in a simulated drive in theater. :mickey:

disneynarula
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Well, none of the food is *actually* vegetarian at Nine Dragons. I asked, and they told me they use chicken stock and fish paste in lots of meals.

Unfortunately Sci-Fi isn't much better. But their entrees (like the shrimp penne) can easily be made vegetarian if you ask. They did have a marinated tofu dish for lunch, but I don't know if it's offered for dinner.

This makes my choice a little easier. I was choosing Nine Dragons esp for DH's stepmother who is a vegetarian. It looks that she will need to special order no matter what.

I think DS3 will love Sci Fi. Like a previos poster said we can get Chinese food everywhere but where else can I eat in a drive in?