PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash lousy replacement

Gator
08-13-2007, 12:45 AM
:ack: If your going to DS anytime soon, catch the Stars and Motor Cars Parade. You'll miss it when you see the BPB. I saw it at California Adventure last year and it wasn't that good. Lot's of robotic pixar characters ride in giant floats while High School Musical-esque CMs try to get you to dance with them. I guess the interactive part is good for little kids, and my daughter and son will like it once they're older. But they like the current parade just fine. Say goodbye to all the old characters(Mickey, Kermit, Mary P, Darth) and hello to more Pixar.

Jakk
08-13-2007, 01:39 AM
If your going to DS anytime soon, catch the Stars and Motor Cars Parade. You'll miss it when you see the BPB. I saw it at California Adventure last year and it wasn't that good. Lot's of robotic pixar characters ride in giant floats while High School Musical-esque CMs try to get you to dance with them. I guess the interactive part is good for little kids, and my daughter and son will like it once they're older. But they like the current parade just fine. Say goodbye to all the old characters(Mickey, Kermit, Mary P, Darth) and hello to more Pixar.

Well that's your opinion. I personally have seen BPB and it is VERY energatic and fun! I find the Motor Cars parade a tad bit boring, but I think BPB will be a great fit for a trouled DHS. Also how can you call pixar characters pixar? I mean aren't they now Disney characters and part of the Disney group?

Melanie
08-13-2007, 02:01 AM
I love Block Party Bash and welcome it with open arms to Disney's Hollywood Studios. :sulley:
Personally, I lost interest in Stars and Motor Cars years ago. :sleepin:

WDWizard
08-13-2007, 02:24 AM
BPB is definitely more energetic than Stars&Motor Cars, but I personally don’t like either parades. I recently saw BPB and to me it was very cheesy, but kids LOVED seeing all the characters, dancing and singing along. Its a shame that Studios gets a recycled version of a parade from DCA, and DCA gets a cool new parade.

Clotho
08-13-2007, 03:24 AM
I only caught the tail end of the Stars and Motor Cars Parade once, and didn't feel like I needed to catch the rest. We stayed to watch the entire Block Party Bash parade at DCA, though. Not so much for us, frankly. We are two thirty-somethings, and it wasn't *for* us. But watching the kids and families jam along and smile from ear-to-ear...it was a ton of fun. I am glad more people will get to enjoy it!

magicman
08-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I haven't seen the Block Party Bash, and I don't know exactly what it entails, but in my opinion, the Stars & Motor Cars Parade was the least exciting of the Parades.

Also, if it is more interactive than the Stars & Motor Cars, I personally would find it a plus because the entire reason I love the Jammin' Jungle Parade in Animal Kingdom is because it seems so much "closer" to the audience.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I have never seen the BPB, and I do love the Stars and Motorcars Parade... however, I do feel like that S&MC parade has been seen, and seen, and seen... I am used to parades changing every couple of years... I think I would welcome something new... :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I think the Block Party Bash will be a welcome change to MGM, I mean, Disney Hollywood Studios..... Stars and Cars is old, and has had its run.... Time to move on....

mickey-mouse35
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Am I missing something? Is Block Party replacing the car parade, or do they go on at the same time so you're recommending skipping the parade to watch block party? :confused:

Melanie
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Am I missing something? Is Block Party replacing the car parade, or do they go on at the same time so you're recommending skipping the parade to watch block party? :confused:

Block Party Bash is replacing the Stars and Motor Cars parade. See this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112394) for the details.

mickey-mouse35
08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Block Party Bash is replacing the Stars and Motor Cars parade. See this thread for the details.

:thanks: Glad I get to the see the Motor Cars parade before they change it next year!

Gator
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
The main point is if this is "HOLLYWOOD" Studios, why eliminate the parade that personifies old Hollywood. With Muppets, Mary Poppins, Star Wars, and Disney, that seems right. A parade with Flik, Buzz, Marlin, and Sully seems like a wrong fit for Hollywood. I like Pixar, just not in this capacity and not in traveling caravan of High School Musical.

Clotho
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
The main point is if this is "HOLLYWOOD" Studios, why eliminate the parade that personifies old Hollywood. With Muppets, Mary Poppins, Star Wars, and Disney, that seems right. A parade with Flik, Buzz, Marlin, and Sully seems like a wrong fit for Hollywood. I like Pixar, just not in this capacity and not in traveling caravan of High School Musical.

I will agree with that. I prefer the theme of Stars and Motorcars, but not the implementation.

Carol
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I love the current parade - but it has been around for a very long time. Change is not always bad.

I've seen the Block Party Bash and think it will fit in fine at the Studios. :shrug: From what I've read it will not be an exact replica - so how can you criticize it without even seeing it???

DisneyNut2005
08-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I love the current parade - but it has been around for a very long time. Change is not always bad.

I've seen the Block Party Bash and think it will fit in fine at the Studios. :shrug: From what I've read it will not be an exact replica - so how can you criticize it without even seeing it???

I agree. Why criticize a new thing before actually getting the chance to see it in person?

I love the Stars and Motorcars Parade, but I agree that it's time for a change. The Block Party Bash is awesome and will make a nice addition to the Studios.

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Hooray! You can see the other characters EVERYWHERE, but my boys love Buzz and Woody and all things Pixar. The best thing of all is that you get to see Bullseye!

Stars and Motor Cars is pretty boring for me.... seen it twice, that was enough.

Figgyluv03
08-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I saw S&MC when it premiered for the CM's back in 2001 and I did like it, but yes, once was enough for me. I'd rather be riding the rides that seeing the parades, but that's just my opinion. However, I have heard the BPB on intercot radio and loved it. The music was really good and I love that they get the kids involved. I'm looking forward to seeing it next October. Hopefully they will still have it then.

jszczur5
08-15-2007, 02:46 AM
BPB is definitely more energetic than Stars&Motor Cars, but I personally don’t like either parades. I recently saw BPB and to me it was very cheesy, but kids LOVED seeing all the characters, dancing and singing along. Its a shame that Studios gets a recycled version of a parade from DCA, and DCA gets a cool new parade.

Our family never watches the parades. We take advantage of the reduced crowds and ride our favourite attractions.