PDA

View Full Version : International Gateway Opens?

disneyduggan
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
If I am staying at Beach Club and want to enter Epcot through the international gateway...can anyone tell me, what time it opens?

SBETigg
08-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I believe that you can enter the park through the International Gateway at the Future World opening time of 9 am (or earlier depending on EMH). You simply have to walk through World Showcase, not open yet, to get to Future World and enjoy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Sherri is correct. Once the main entrance opens, you can get in through the International Gateway. Usually the World Showcase opens later, sometimes by 2 hours so you are walking through and it's very quiet, good for photo ops since there aren't a lot of people there yet.

Fangorn
08-12-2007, 11:24 PM
You only actually get to walk through UK and Canada though. When you enter through the International Gateway prior to World Showcase actually opening, the bridge that takes you to France will be roped off and there will be some very pleasant Cast Members directing you to the left - toward Future World.

Steve

Maleficent's Dad
08-13-2007, 12:34 AM
We almost always use the Int'l Gateway as an entrance - the CM's have radios (walkie-talkies) to coordinate with those up front - they both let guests in at the same time.

Traditionally, you're allowed into the park - and there's a "rope" at the top of the bridge (entering the UK pavilion). When those in the front of the park are allowed in, the rope drops - and everyone (for the most part) heads directly to Soarin'.

Those up front are lined up at Innoventions and will thus "beat you" to Soarin', but you have an advantage - you're with a far smaller crowd with less hassle and less "running" towards the Land Pavilion.

Although you won't be first to Soarin', it's a better way to enter (IMHO). Less crowds & chaos, an opportunity to see WS with NO crowds, and a pleasant walk into FW.

The International Gateway is opened at the same time as those coming in the front entrance. You won't "beat them," but you'll have a more enjoyable time entering EPCOT! :mickey: