PDA

View Full Version : Night in the Castle

johnO
08-12-2007, 07:35 PM
If you win a night stay in the castle, does it count against your stay in the hotel and park tickets? Or is it a "Free" night stay and day in the park?

Marilyn Michetti
08-12-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't think I would question it. They probably figure you have to sleep somewhere that night, but maybe an extra day is part of the perk. I just wouldn't be one to push the envelope because I'm too chicken.

Interesting question tho'.:mickey:

Lily
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't see how it could be an extra night and day. So many folks fly to WDW and would not be able to extend their stay. Besides that, I think the winners just bring one nights worth of belongings to the castle and the rest of their stuff remains in their resort room.

This is just a guess however. I don't have any actual experience with it...yet. ;)

PAMOUSELOVER
08-12-2007, 08:49 PM
I have menat someone who won.
They were taken back to their resort to pick up their stuff for the night. No extra day.

kathiep
08-13-2007, 06:13 PM
It wouldn't make sense. Your original room is still being held for you and can't be used for anyone else.

Jared
08-13-2007, 06:31 PM
When I explained the prize to my mother, she asked a similar question. I believe guests who win a night in Cinderella Castle are not reimbursed for the night in their resort. The Cast Members who award the prize do not know if the winners are staying at the Grand Floridian on Holiday Inn.

jszczur5
08-15-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't see how it could be an extra night and day. So many folks fly to WDW and would not be able to extend their stay. Besides that, I think the winners just bring one nights worth of belongings to the castle and the rest of their stuff remains in their resort room.

This is just a guess however. I don't have any actual experience with it...yet. ;)

Sounds logical to me.

disneynarula
08-15-2007, 07:18 AM
I would just consider it an upgrade for the evening.

CleveRocks
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I would just consider it an upgrade for the evening.Exactly.

Can you imagine trying to check-in at your resort and being told, "I'm sorry, you can't check-in to your room until tomorrow because the people who had the room before you have to stay an extra day, so too bad for you!"???

Ian
08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I believe guests who win a night in Cinderella Castle are not reimbursed for the night in their resort.The Cast Members who award the prize do not know if the winners are staying at the Grand Floridian on Holiday Inn.That's correct. They treat it as a free upgrade and do not credit you back the night you paid for your hotel.

If you think about it, they couldn't really do that because (as Disney_nut mentioned) what if you were staying off site or something?

Now ... if you happened to win on the last night of your trip and were able to extend, then yes ... it would be a totally free night.