PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerators at POP...how big are they?

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I emailed my Super Agent to book us two rooms at POP for 9 nights in April 2008 today! I'm pondering renting a refrigerator for one of the rooms but thought I'd ask around Intercot first. Has anyone here paid to rent a fridge at POP or AS (where we'll stay if POP was full)? How big are they? Did you think it was worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-12-2007, 07:47 PM
We never had to pay for one, because it seems my daughter is always on medicine that needs to be refrigerated. However, I would definitely pay for one. They aren't too big, but big enough to put several sodas in.

:mickey:

Have Fun!

RCB

disneydeb
08-12-2007, 08:46 PM
A couple of time I've gotten refrigerators (rented) them) they've been dorm refrigerator size. Aren't the ones for medication smaller than that?
:mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-12-2007, 09:05 PM
We were given one for medicine and it was the dorm size. This was during our stay at Pop in June 2006.

Donalds Duckie
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to email my Super Agent:cool: to add a fridge to one of our rooms.

jusandnew
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I just left the pop. I requested a refrig and did not have one in the room. I had a cooler , so each day I got ice from the room instead of paying.I could of asked about it , but I did not.

dyin tago
08-17-2007, 09:43 PM
we did same thing last september. normally we would just rent a fridge but we are going for 14 nights this september so we buy a cooler for 5 bucks or so and just top it up with ice daily which is provided for no charge.:mickey:

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Disney just charges $10 per day in your room. DH and I have used them and it was handle to store cold bottled water or have some left overs.

jszczur5
08-18-2007, 01:09 AM
I just left the pop. I requested a refrig and did not have one in the room. I had a cooler , so each day I got ice from the room instead of paying.I could of asked about it , but I did not.

That's what we did last year, and are planning to do again this year. If you add water to the ice, it really keeps things cold. We had no problems with keeping the milk (for tea/kid's cereal) fresh for the 2 or 3 days that each carton lasted. Fridges are $10 a day. Ice is free. We have the cooler with us anyway, so it's not inconvenient.
I know my brother-in-law always takes a cab to the grocery store on his first day at Disney, and stocks up on "special" pop, and buys a disposable cooler for just that purpose, as the fridges are very small.

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the idea about using a cooler. I stayed at Pop in 2004 but didn't rent a refrigerator. We plan to use a town car with a free grocery stop so we might try to find a small cooler. We'll have two rooms for 9 nights. I was going with a refrigerator in my room only, but that would still be $90.

Yes, I had a feeling those $10 refrigerators were very small. I rented a refrigerator at CBR in 2001, my first trip to WDW. It was one of those very small refrigerators and I never did that again. I was hoping since they added the bigger refrigerators to mods and deluxes that the values would now be renting that size.

And, maybe, just maybe, WDW will come out with a decent package for our trip dates and I'll be able to upgrade our resort to CBR and have a good sized refrigerator in both rooms!:mickey:

Thanks for the input!!!

LudwigVonDrake
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Refrigerators are not that big. You can get a few waters or soda in there. I always find it convenient to have one in the room for snacks or whatnot.