PDA

View Full Version : What are the childrens options?

TheMartellFamily
08-12-2007, 05:35 PM
What are the childrens options at O'hanas for those who do not like what is offered. Before it was chicken nuggets and french fries and other childrens faves. What is it now?

DisneyMomx7
08-14-2007, 08:29 AM
We were there in July and the kids were allowed to order chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, hot dogs, and burgers.

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, this got me all scared, so I went to another site and it said that "alternative children's selections available upon request" *phew* My kids were going to be enormously unhappy if they were going to have to do more "kids" food. So I'm glad that they are only served if you ask for them.

TheRustyScupper
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
. . . "alternative children's selections available upon request" *phew* My kids were going to be enormously unhappy if they were going to have to do more "kids" food. So I'm glad that they are only served if you ask for them . . .

1) Alternate Selections does not necessarily mean adult food.
2) At many eateries, it is still kid's food.
3) Best to call each eatery to find out.
4) After all, if you are on DDP, the prices are for kids food/meals.
5) Those are the rules you agreed to.
6) If not on DDP, then they can order what they want.

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 04:42 PM
1) Alternate Selections does not necessarily mean adult food.
2) At many eateries, it is still kid's food.
3) Best to call each eatery to find out.
4) After all, if you are on DDP, the prices are for kids food/meals.
5) Those are the rules you agreed to.
6) If not on DDP, then they can order what they want.

I think you missed my point entirely -- one of the reasons we went with Ohanas is because it was "family style" and we believed everyone got the same food -- which IS what happens there. But when I read the OP, I thought maybe that wasn't the case. I noted that is said alternative foods were available both as a service to the OP and as a note to others that the kids will be served from the family plate unless you request otherwise. And it did say, and I did quote -- alternative "children's" selections -- why would I think that was adult food?

Yes, I agreed to the rules of the DDP, and I haven't tried to go around them, so I'm not sure what the point of that was. I've done the DDP twice before so I'm not sure what the problem is???

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Oops. Sorry. I misunderstood the context of your question.