View Full Version : Two Day Trip Without the Family Day 2

Lizzie
08-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Me
My little Sister
Mom
Dad
Husband and kids are at home.

The alarm went off at 6 again. This time we had to pack up our stuff and load it into the car before we could go. We didn't get to McDonalds until after 7 and the lines were longer and the cashiers slower.

By the time we reached the gates to DL the lines were longer but as we walked to a line a gate switched from early entry to a normal entrance so we were closer in line than yesterday. And fortuanetly they have bathrooms here across the way by CA.

At 8 when the gates opened our line was not moving because a guy in front of us was trying to use what looked like his wife's annual pass. After he stopped the line to have an argument with the guy at the gate we finally got through. As much as we wanted to see the new Nemo Subs we didn't want to wait over an hour to see it. But we jumped on the Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland which are favorites. My sister rode teacups while I walked to Space Mountain to get us Fast Passes for later. We than stopped by the Mad Hatter so I could buy a hat since my head was already red from the day before ( I burn through my hair). We than decided to hit BTM but it turned out to be closed. So instead we jumped on a raft to the new Pirate Island which was cute and had some fun picture opps. We saw Jack Sparrow and headed back to meet up with my parents. We stopped by BTM to grab some Fast Passes for later.

We headed over to Splash Mountain where we were happy to see the new ride configuration. We made Dad sit up front, my sister sat behind him, than my mom and me. They complained after the ride I was a little wet, (I move my feet during the ride) and my Dad was drenched and my sister was wet. We wanted fast passes for Buzz so I grabbed everyones passes and got us some. I met my Dad in main street because he needed to run out to the car. I ended up waiting for my Mom and siter in Toontown, because I am faster than the train.

We got in a 20 min line for Roger Rabit. My sister took her own car and spinned it, we worked hard at not allowing our car to spin. This line wraps around the building quite a bit.

After this we did a little bit of shopping than met up with Dad at the corn dog cart where we all grabbed a corn dog. Which if you love fair dogs they are really good. We rested here for a while my Dad and sister tried to dry out their feet. And I went to the Emporium to finish my shopping. Though I am not pleased with the selection of merchandise at DL I found more options at DW and am looking forward to shopping there in September.

But it was finally time for our Fast Passes and Dad barely beat me. By this time DL was crazy so we headed over to CA and grabbed FP for Soaring and went to CS and did single rider than my family grabbed lunch at the warf with the bread bowls. By this time we were getting tired and only Dad wanted to ride Soaring so he stayed for the ride and the rest of us wandered through Adventureland and New Orleans to look around. My sister jumped on the Jungle Cruise again and we also learned cell phone receoption through here is not very good.

We met up with Dad, and my sister and I used our Fast Passes for BTM and than with my Dad sitting on a bench we rode the Matterhorn again. We decieded it was time to go but we got stuck in a corner and ended up watching the parade and than on front street we stopped to hear a marching band.

But we finished what we wanted to do and headed out by 7:30.

ChipnDaleGal
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Another good day for your group. You seem to tour well together and get a lot done. Thanks for another fun report. :mickey:

cuteandfluffy
08-26-2007, 04:28 AM
you do a good job at trip reports. my favorite line is: "i am faster than the train." Yes, it is true. I can attest to that.

:)