PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package?

TheMartellFamily
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
We have tried Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Dinner Package and did not like it. We would like to try Mama Melrose for it. Those of you have tried it is good and tell me about it thanks.

IloveJack
08-12-2007, 05:36 PM
We ate there for our anniversary in the middle of July. It was good, and the service was great. (The waitress had no problem leaving us alone while we were exchanging gifts, but also always seemed to show up when we needed something). We had the Pork Marsala, and it was wonderful, (filled us up, even though we don't eat asparagus). Dh had the chocolate gelato and I had the Crema Limone for dessert, both delicious. The only thing I didn't like was the breads and spreads appetizer, but it was nice to dip in Dh's soup. I would get an early seating, as it always seemed busy, and dinner took a while (of course, we took our time, too).

jszczur5
08-12-2007, 06:14 PM
We have tried Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Dinner Package and did not like it. We would like to try Mama Melrose for it. Those of you have tried it is good and tell me about it thanks.

Oh no. We have the H&V/Fantasmic package booked for the end of August. What was wrong with it? I checked out both menues before booking, and H&V looked more to my family's liking. Was it the food or the service that wasn't great?

DDuck66
08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
We have had both and unfortunatley the dinner at MM was one of the worst that we have ever had at WDW. The food was old and cold, and the service was slow. Whenever we do the Fantasmic Package we alwayd do H&V. It is a buffet and so we can always find something that is good. As far as buffets go it is good food, and the deserts are really nice.

mrsHerbie53
08-25-2007, 11:47 PM
We did MM before Fantasmic in 2005 and we really liked it. It wasn't fancy, but it was good and the service was good.
We are going to try H&V (hopefully) this time because we are all over buffets! I know some folks don't like them -- to each his own...

kakn7294
08-26-2007, 12:15 AM
We've done both H&V and MM. The food was good but it wasn't great. H&V just didn't have a selection of things we liked. MM was better when we were there in '03 so it was a disappointment this time around. Even though the food was good, it wasn't as good as before.

TheMartellFamily
08-26-2007, 11:28 AM
If you choose H&V then I say keep it because it is all about personal preference on it. Just because we did not care for it does not mean you will not like it. It maybe your fav after you are done. We do have a grand gathering group this time around and it maybe that we will have to do H&V for the fantasmic dinner package.

Disneyfirsttimer
08-26-2007, 11:36 AM

I agree. Our family did not like H&V at all. For us, it was the worst meal of the trip. Not sure why. Just an odd selection of food on the buffet. We are on the DDP this time again and are going with MM. Did not eat there last time. We all love Italian food. I am hoping we like it more than H&V.

Everyone will have a different opinion because everyone's tastes are different. This is just my :twocents:.

Karyn

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2007, 02:36 PM
The menu at Mama's did not appeal to us and we mentioned that to the waitress. She asked us what we were looking for. When we explained something with an alfredo sauce, she came back with a grilled chicken and pasta and veggie dish with a cheesie garlicy butter sauce. It was delicious. They went out of their way to make something we would like instead of us making a decision for something we didn't want.

As far as H&V, we have always had good food and service there. We like the idea of being able to choose several different things to eat for a wide variety.

As previously posted, everyones taste buds are different. What is good for one may not be good for another. Just keep that in mind.

Have a great time and enjoy whichever one you choose.

jiifigment
08-26-2007, 04:38 PM
We ate at Mama Melrose for the FDP last September. The staff was INCREDIBLE. Best service we had the whole trip including LeCellier! Food was great too. I think it depends on your Chef and server. If you get Mike Schifano as your chef you will NOT be disappointed! :chef::cloud9: