PDA

View Full Version : A new country for Epcot

aprilshowers93
08-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I got the inspiration for this thread from HOLITRIN who posted the "what new country" thread. I took some of the most common countries mentioned and wanted to see what people would like to see next as well as in the future.

tadshome
08-12-2007, 04:57 AM
I would love to see Egypt with the pyramids and the Sphinxes and the maket streets of Cairo:thumbsup:

HOLITRIN
08-12-2007, 07:51 AM
I got the inspiration for this thread from HOLITRIN who posted the "what new country" thread. I took some of the most common countries mentioned and wanted to see what people would like to see next as well as in the future.

Thanks aprilshowers93. I got to thinking - after the fact - on doing a poll. It's just too hard to pick one!! :D

Jared
08-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Australia is technically my first choice, but I believe an Aussie-themed land fits better in Animal Kingdom.

Instead, I chose Brazil for World Showcase. South America deserves representation, and Brazil offers wonderful music, food and culture.

DNS
08-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Australia!!! What fun that would be!

snifflesmcg
08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I voted Greece but Ausrailia was right up there!

TheRustyScupper
08-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Where is the "Non-of-the-Above" selection?

Stu29573
08-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I almost went for Romania and the Dracula tie in, but then I decided that was more Universal than Disney, so I voted for Egypt because you could have some pretty cool themeing...:mickey:

DisneyDude1977
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Egypt would be absolutely fascinating!

Bass T-bone
08-12-2007, 04:22 PM
I think that this country would lend itself for the possibility of a cool ride more than any other country on the list.

My opinon, and I'm sticking to it...:number1:

DisneyFanatic11
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Egypt sounds really cool! I have to agree with whoever said about the pyramids and stuff. You could do a lot with the themeing and all.

Yay! My 30th post! :fworks:

MickeysEars
08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
But where would they put it?

DisneyGiant
08-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I voted Greece but Ausrailia was right up there!

And I voted for Australia - but Greece was my second choice!! ;)

Just don't think I'll ever be visiting Australia unless I win the lottery......... :drama:

RAIDER
08-13-2007, 04:00 AM
My vote goes to Austrialia :thumbsup:

BritCody
08-13-2007, 06:31 AM
I would also have to go with Austrailia

beksy
08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
I voted Egypt but it was tied with Greece. I think you could get some great theming out of both of them (plus I'd really really like to go to both! :blush:) :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I think we can forget Australia for Epcot as it is a land planned for Animal Kingdom... I chose Russia.... but this was a tough choice.... Greece, Spain and Russia were my three choices...

aprilshowers93
08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
I think that would be the best of both worlds. Australia for animal kingdom and Egypt or Greece for Epcot. I actually think Australia would fit in more seamlessly in AK than it would in Epcot. As far as where they would put it, you can see some open space behind the tree-lined walkway if you go to a website where aerial photographs are shown.

DisneyDreams09
08-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I went with Brazil, I agree that South America needs some representation. I also think that the country is so large that there are a plethora of subjects they could model a World Showcase attraction after. Rio would be awesome at epcot.
I do agree that Brazil's rainforest might be better for Ak, but I still think it would be a diverse addition to WS.

wedway76
08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Good question! I voted for Russia because there are no “Eastern Block” countries, but it was a toss-up between Russia, India, and Australia.

Greece would be nice, and Greek culture is amazing, but it’s awful close to Italy. My Italian ancestors copied everything from the Greeks so indirectly they are kind of represented.

Egypt seems like it could be awfully similar to Morocco,

Brazil is an interesting choice. Although South America isn’t represented, central America is, so I didn’t pick that.

I don’t think Disney would pick Israel because it would almost be a political statement, and I think Disney likes to shy away from anything political.

Since Italy and France are represented I would skip Spain, it would be Western Europe overkill.

Romania or any other former Soviet Republic would be interesting.

A southern Africa country would be interesting too, but with the exception of South Africa, there doesn’t seem to be too many countries that have been stable for a long period of time. South Africa itself has a good deal of political baggage also.

gauvin4
08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Australia for me. I have always wanted to visit there.

The Bookseller
08-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I have said Greece but Australia is also a great idea.

bkfree
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I also voted for Russia. I think it is a country with much to offer in regard to unique architecture, food, history and handmade crafts.
We have been to Russia 3 times and have spent a total of 8 weeks there and have barely scratched the surface in all the areas I mentioned above.
I would love to see an Onion Dome buiding like St. Basil's rising above the crowd at WS, eat some great Russian Blintzes and Pirouges, down some icey shots of Vodka and buy some nesting dolls at WDW.
I am partial to Russia mainly because that was where my two children were born.
Everytime we go to World Showcase they ask me when Russia will be there. I so hope one day I can give them an answer.
My second choice is Greece. I think it has much to offer in the food, architecture and craft and history arena also.