PDA

View Full Version : Has it always been famillies picked for the castle stay?

maxmolly
08-11-2007, 10:05 PM
My husband and i are going to wdw and I was wondering if there has ever been just a couple picked for the castle suite stay. I am a huge Cinderella fan and would melt on the spot if I was asked to stay in the castle. But not sure if its a possiblity being we don't have kids. Any idea?

MMouse6937
08-12-2007, 12:40 AM
From what I have heard it seems to be pretty random how people are chosen, so I'm not sure that they see a family and automatically pick them over just a couple. But, you are right I haven't heard too much about the castle suite being stayed in by much more than families. I too would love to stay there one night, just for the experience of being IN the MK after it closes, what a dream. It's just DH and I so who knows, I'll let you know if we make it ;)

Melanie
08-12-2007, 01:29 AM
INTERCOT Moderator Ian won a castle suite stay as he got off Expedition Everest. His kids happened to be elsewhere in the park. Just happened to be in the right seat at the right time.

I remember him saying also that he peeked at the guest log in the suite as well, and there were many single folks (and he might have mentioned couples as well ???).

So no, I don't think it's a necessity to have little folks with you. :)

KAJUNKING
08-12-2007, 02:33 AM
although i think there a lot of things Disney can get away with, i don't think discrimination is one of them, from what i understand it is completely random, and really it has to be, there is no way Disney could choose people to win, do you have any idea of how many would take civil action, all judgement has to be taken out, it has to be the 3rd seat on sm at 12:03! otherwise its tainted, and i promise you disney does not leave room for that!

IloveDisney71
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know what the maximum number of guests is for a stay in the castle? I'm going with 7 other immediate family members...and I don't know how I would pick who gets to stay IF I were in the right place at the right time?

K8screen
08-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm sure this is explained somewhere but what is this stay at the castle? How do they choose? What do you get? I've never heard about it

mickey-mouse35
08-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm sure this is explained somewhere but what is this stay at the castle? How do they choose? What do you get? I've never heard about it

It's one of the ultimate prizes in the Year of a Million Dreams promotion they have going on this year (and just extended into next) where people are randomly picked for prizes. One of the prizes is a night's stay in the suite in Cinderalla Castle!!!

Ian
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know what the maximum number of guests is for a stay in the castle?The prize is available for the winner and up to 5 guests, for a total of 6 people.

... from what i understand it is completely random ...That's correct. It's all done by random selection as processed by a computer.

I remember him saying also that he peeked at the guest log in the suite as well, and there were many single folks (and he might have mentioned couples as well ???).

So no, I don't think it's a necessity to have little folks with you. :)Mel's right. The guest book had been signed by families, singles, couples, and every possible combination thereof.

jkj1224
08-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Just the other day the winners happened to be a young couple on their honeymoon...talk about a great surprise. :cloud9: