PDA

View Full Version : Need help with character breakfast

mulderxcoltrane
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Which would you go with based on overall experience and value for the DDP TS credit?
Hollywood & Vine with JoJo's Circus and Little Einsteins or Crystal Palace with Pooh & Friends?

IloveDisney71
08-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I have not eaten at H&V for bfast but I've eaten at the CP twice. The food was great. The atmoshpere in the rest. was absolutely beautiful. AND we love the Pooh characters. I would say, it probably depends on which set of characters you would most like to see. I've eaten at the CP with just my husband and I've eaten there with 4 teenagers. We had a great time. The characters didn't treat our table any different than the tables with little kids. :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
08-11-2007, 09:51 PM
How old are your kids? Which characters are they more likely to enjoy?

We did lunch at H&V in January, it was one of only a few surprises I had for DD4 (I'm not good at keeping secrets LOL). The look on her face when she peered in the window and saw Leo and June was priceless!

The food was OK, good but not great (this was lunch, remember; I don't know how their breakfast is). They run a loop of theme show songs, and have a CM organizing dances and stuff. The characters play along, as well. DD really enjoyed it!

We're trying CP for breakfast this trip, Jenna is very much looking forward to dining with Eeyore. She's over JoJo, and I think the Little Einsteins are losing their place as favorite show, as well. :(

I think you'll get more people to vote for CP, but honestly? Do whichever one you think your kids will enjoy more!

Good luck!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-11-2007, 11:23 PM
We have done both. We enjoyed Play and Dine but, Crystal Palace is our favorite character breakfast. :thumbsup:

The atmosphere and characters are wonderful.

It really does depend on what characters your kids prefer but, we really love CP.

disneynarula
08-11-2007, 11:48 PM
I think the food is pretty much the same at all the breakfasts. You just need to choose based on the characters. I am a huge Pooh fan but I think that EInsteins and JoJo are characters that DS knows so we picked HV.

playdead88
08-12-2007, 08:13 AM
we choose the character bfasts on the characters - if jojo wins over pooh then its hollywood and vine and vice versa - and since they are at two different parks im supposing schedule will play a part also - whatever you decide you'll have a great time :mickey:

Breochaid
08-12-2007, 08:39 AM
We only just discovered H&V on our last trip, but because of the great character interaction we would choose that over CP. Our favorite character breakfast is Ohana at the Polynesian. There you get to dine with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. They also get the kids up to do a conga line and visit to each table for autographs. The food there was family style and wonderful!

DDuck66
08-13-2007, 10:17 AM
The food at the CP has always been better than H&V (IMHO). Also the character interaction has always been nice. We are having breakfast there next May. I have always done lunch up until then.

Belle_0717
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I love CP - huge Pooh fan and it seems my DNephew will be too. His first choice is Lumpy but there isn't a lot with him.

In October, we are having dinner at CP and breakfast at H&V. He knows his Playhouse Disney characters well - for a 10 month old. He loves Ooh and Aah, the monkeys but nothing with them yet either.

tyandskyesmom
08-14-2007, 12:04 PM
We have done both...H&V for a late breakfast and CP for dinner.

We actually really liked H&V better than CP. We did have an almost 8 year old boy and 2 year old girl with us but even DH and I liked it better. MAybe just our two experiences but we are scheduled for H&V again in January and have not been back to CP again yet.

140 more days!!!

Nicki'sMom
08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Why don't you do both? After all, you are on vacation:D

TexasPrincessAurora
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I would give the food at CP the nod for being the best. The character interaction is probably about equal, although it seems like H&V got the kids up and involved in dances more with the characters at different points. H&V seemed less cramped and crowded. But CP is just a classic. I would say go with whichever set of characters your child loves most...that is what will make it truly memorable.

mulderxcoltrane
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Why don't you do both? After all, you are on vacation:D

Yeah - but we're on the DDP - and using TS credits for buffets doesn't get us the best bang for our buck.