PDA

View Full Version : DREAM SQUAD experience...

AtoZgirl
08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
So, we're heading down to WDW in a week... and I'm really excited about a possible encounter with the Dream Squad. Both my mom and I are lucky people... plus I'm hard to miss :cool: hah... Anyway, for those people who have had encounters with the Dream Squad... let me know what happened, where you were (be more specific than which park), what you got, etc. (Also, if you've seen it happen to someone else, let me know) I know these are random occurances... but the excitement of knowing and hearing other stories will make this last week of waiting to be in WDW.. bearable!:thumbsup: Anyone have any pictures or idea of what their outfit looks like? I know someone has a picture!!!

DizneyRox
08-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately, on my last trip I never saw hide nor hair of them. Maybe you'll be luckier than I!

tadshome
08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately, on my last trip I never saw hide nor hair of them. Maybe you'll be luckier than I!

Oh no, do you think that they have run out of dreams? I so hope not :(

CleveSJM
08-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Good luck and have a great trip!

I've read a bunch about the Dream Squads and experienced two wins. First of all, it's real important to know no matter what you look like, who you talk to, how cute the kids eyes are, etc., it doesn't matter to the Dream Squad. They have no decision making ability about prizes and are only there to deliver the prizes to a certain person, in a certain spot, at a certain time. Anything else would be illegal in a "sweepstakes."

Our first win was the first day of the celebration. We got to the MK early and were some of the first people to get into Adventureland that day. We casually walk around a little and got in line for Aladin's Carpet's. While in line, from behind the scenes, a team of 3 Dream Team members (Squad) wearing white vests, came up from inside the line to the entry gate. There was no way for the general public to get to the Squad unless they were in line. One team member had a big duffel bag with about 50-100 Dream Fastpasses. My MIL and FIL were not in line but I yelled over to them to get in line for a prize. They did and did recieve a DFP but the Squad ran out fairly quickly.

Our second win was at AK after Breakfastausaous. Again, some of the first into the park and over by Dinoland. We rode Tricerotops Twirl (DS5, DD2:blush:). Now this time the team wandered over one at a time to the entry line of the ride. They just stood there for awhile because it wasn't the scheduled random time to hand out the Dream ears. We went on the ride 2 or 3 times in a row to be there at the right time.

From what I've gathered from other reports, my experience is pretty common. You must be in line or have just come off a ride. They need to have a specific time and place to do the prizes and avoid ambiguity about the winner. I doubt any prizes are given away in "public" areas. It also seems the prizes are given away early in the day so the winners can enjoy them all day.

My tip to everyone wanting a Dream Squad prize is to get to the park early and get in line for rides. If you didn't get anything by about noon, you probably won't for that day.

Good luck!!!

PS - Intercot has a nice Dreams (http://www.intercot.com/news/milliondreams/default.asp)page. That is my DW's Ears and my FIL's FP pictured.

emmingo
08-11-2007, 04:43 PM
The Dream Fast Passses definitely are given away early in the day. We got our from visiting Walts Dream (not sure of the name, but its the spot in MGM that has the video of Disney Studios, etc). There was a CM right there at the entrance, but out of view of the doors who was handing out FPs to people as they came in to the movie!

IloveDisney71
08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't won, but I have a friend who did. They were at the MK when it opened and went to ride BTMR right away. When they walked off they were given the pin lanyard's by the Dream Team.

Jared
08-11-2007, 06:34 PM
A group of special Cast Members wearing white costumes met my boat of Living with the Land at the dock during my May trip. Each guest received a pin lanyard with four pins included as he exited the attraction.

Maleficent's Dad
08-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Amanda -

CleveSJM is definitely a lucky person!

Since the YOAMD began, I have spent no fewer than 25 days in Disney Parks - both DL and WDW.

We've not even seen a Dream Squad Member. We're usually fairly lucky. We're always amongst the first in the parks. In about 10 days time we're giving the Dream Squad another opportunity (10 days worth) to surprise us. But alas, we're not really expecting it.

I've seen hundreds with those Dream FP's...

AtoZgirl
08-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the great responses! I'm a recent college graduate... so I haven't got the whole waking up before 11am thing down yet, but my parents are always up at 5am so I think while we're there I'm going to get up early every morning just to get a better chance and hit rides early :thumbsup:

realtreebar
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
MGM studios we went to customer service to ask about the photo cd and the nice lady gave 3 pins to both my daughter(11) and grandson(6) she told us it was part of the dream come true and we did'nt expect to ever see the dream squad they are out there hope it your turn next "gotta love:mickey:"

chicade88
08-11-2007, 09:49 PM

When we went in April, we didn't see them either. Lots of people with Dream Fastpasses though!

locodemickey
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Last month at Casey's Corner, the kids (only) were given the brownies. They didn't say anything about a dream so I'm not sure what it was. We'll be there again tomorrow so here's hopin' for the DVC prize:cloud9:

poeticeclipse
08-11-2007, 10:13 PM
We had numerous run ins with the DS on our honeymoon in May/June.

The first being when WE actually won. We were chosen as family of the day one morning at MGM. Our first ride was supposed to be RnR but because it wasn't going to be able to open right away, we had to go on ToT first thing. No biggie. We were already on a huge high from all of the events already that we just weren't paying attention to what was going on around us. We entered the pre-attraction room with the television. We noticed that other CM's were in there with us but it was dark and we were just talking and giggling with them. The video clip got done and we all stood there in the dark awkwardly waiting for the lights to come back on. We smiled and laughed because of the funny silent moments. A CM to the right of us spoke up and said "Well, I'm sure you're both very sick of hearing this by now but, congratuations because you are winners in the year of a million dreams!" At that point I looked at Matt and my eyes got big and I thought to myself ... if this is the night in Cinderella's castle, i'm going to pass out or pee my pants... whichever comes first. Then the CM pulled out Dream Fastpasses from behind his back and said "here ya go!" My knees got weak and I squeeled. I was very happy. I told the CM "i'm so dumb! i didn't notice that you had the Dream Squad outfit on!!" He laughed and said "you seemed pretty distracted from all of the excitement."

Our 2nd experience was the next day after that. We were waiting in line for BTMR. Once we got up to the loading platforms I noticed about 4 dream squad members standing on the right side. I freaked and told Matt that typically when they have more than a few of them together at a time... it means something big!! We were in the left side line so I thought that we had no chance of making it back around in time for them to pick us. I kept my eyes glued on them. Car after car went by and they just kept standing there.. looking at their watches and smiling at guests. We then were pulled to the right side line and I thought "ooo we have a chance!" I must have spoke to soon because about 1 minute later they all started chatting with a family and then guided them outside of the ride. We were boarded on the very next train on that side. Talk about a close call.

Our last interaction with the DS was at Epcot. We were just taking our time on our 2nd to the last day of our vaca and we were walking around Future World just looking at the rose bushes. A woman with a stroller came up to us and said "hey, if you go up that way, they are giving away lanyards and pins!" We hurried up that way without looking eager. By the time we got there... the DS must have been done because they were just standing there saying hello to guests that walked by them with bags closed up. Rats.

MickeysEars
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I am not banking on meeting any Dream Squad members to make my Disney vacation a dream. I just think it would be a fun extra

jsw123
08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
We were there two weeks ago. At Animal Kingdom, we got off the safari ride (yes---first thing in the morning) and the Dream Team met our whole safari jeep crowd and said, "Well, I'm sure you've heard to win a dream, you must be at the right place at the right time. Well, guess what! You're at the right place at the right time!" We all got the dream fast passes. It was so great----definitely made that day so special! It was our first day at Disney!

We got another one, too. They didn't say it was a "Dream" giveaway, but when we went to ride the boat ride in the Mexico pavillion at Epcot, someone approached my DD3 and asked if she'd like her family to be special guests. We got our own boat on the ride and went ahead of the line. She got a certificate that looked like the "dream" things, so we told her that she won her own dream! For the rest of the vacation she kept saying, "Dreams come true! Dreams come true!" just like the Mickey show at MK. It was wonderful! What a magical place!:mickey::cloud9:

mikeymcclain
08-16-2007, 10:32 AM
We watched a little girl win the Cinderella suite in the car in front of us in LIVING WITH THE LAND (at Epcot) and thought that that was our "close call" for the trip.....but our day was yet to come.

A few days later we had to drop off my sister at the airport. We then dropped off our rental car and headed to Magical Express for the rest of our trip at Pop Century.

After handing my tickets to the nice man at the ME counter, 3 people came from behind the counter and walked us to our bus. The lady was asking me where my wife was, and I told her she was waiting by the busses. She said we were going to be taking a bus that was a bit smaller.

I was kind of oblivious at that early morning hour...(looking back, all the signs were there!). So when a 24 foot limo pulled up in front of us I was looking around to see if the cast of High School Musical was there! Hehhehehhe

Turns out the limo was OURS! Talk about arriving in style! I was just hoping for some silver ears! But needless to say...the limo fit MUCH BETTER!

I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!

Mikey

Disney_Barbie
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=CleveSJM;1384429]
I doubt any prizes are given away in "public" areas. QUOTE]

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I thought I remembered reading someone got awarded at DTD, that'd be a 'pubic' area wouldn't it? Maybe I'm wrong I thought I read it a while ago.

AtoZgirl
08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I was wondering the same thing... I love Downtown Disney and my family & I usually go there everyday/night for a few hours and I was thinking the Dream Squad may be selected to do there too!

tyandskyesmom
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
We were on the Jungle Trek early in the day at AK in November and we were stopped right before a turn in the path and asked to wait. It ended up that just around that bend in the road they were giving out the Dream Fast Passes and we just missed it!!!!

138 more days!!!!

bleukarma
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
We were in the lobby of ToT waiting for the library doors to open and the woman in front of us noticed that the “guys wearing the purple shirt” was standing there. I had no clue what she was talking about but the doors to the library opened and before the tv came on the DS came in and closed the door behind them. They gave dream fastpasses to everyone in the room!!! It was in the morning, around 10 I would guess. It was very cool!!! :mickey: