PDA

View Full Version : Question about Holiday dining premiums...

jonah'smom
08-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Ok, I'm new here, but I have a question about the Holiday Character Meal dining premiums. We are planning to go in early January, and I see that these premiums will be in effect until January 5. Yes, we are considering getting the 2008 Dining Plan, as it will still be a good deal for our family and is still convenient. If we use the plan though, my question is will those character meals be covered as a TS credit. Or will Disney charge a surcharge or cause those to be worth 2 TS credits during that time period? Thanks for your help!

tadshome
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
:welcome:

magicofdisney
08-11-2007, 03:19 PM
To my knowledge, the only exception to 1TS character meals are the Castle meal, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, HDD Revue and Spirit of Aloha (not sure if a character is there). Is this the info you're looking for?

jonah'smom
08-11-2007, 07:55 PM
magicofdisney -
I know that those meals (the ones we are interested in are Liberty Tree, Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill) are normally 1TS, but am just not sure if since there is supposed to be a Holiday Premium on all character meals, according to some information I saw on Intercot, until January 5, if that will affect their status as 1TS or if it will cause there to be a surcharge or an additional TS credit taken for them during that time period....

Thanks for your help!

Figment!
08-13-2007, 08:23 AM
It has yet to be announced if the Holiday Premium will effect Dining Plan Credit redemption.

This is the first year they have done this, so it is not really known how it will be handled.

Stay tuned ... :mickey:

jonah'smom
08-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks so much Figment! I will be on the lookout for this info to be released!

jonah'smom
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I just made reservations for 3 character meals for our trip the week before Christmas. I asked the CM who booked them if there would be a difference in these meals because of the "Holiday Premium", and he said no, it would be just the same, you give them your Key to the World, they subtract 1 TS credit per person. Hopefully this really is correct.....

SurferStitch
08-29-2007, 06:40 AM
I wouldn't think the premium would affect the 1TS credit rule....it's only an increase of around $4 per person, and that's still a much cheaper meal than what our Kona or Coral Reef meals were per person, and those are also 1 TS meals.

illini
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I asked, too, as the pricing goes into effect our last day. The CM also said that it won't affect the DDP.