PDA

View Full Version : how long to do MGM?

Nekochan
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok, so now that they've moved the evening EMH from 8/27 to 8/28, I have to revamp my plans. There's quite a bit I'm not bothering with again at the Studios, but still, I'm wondering what time to fit go to fit everything in. If necessary, we can scoot over to MGM the following night for fantasmic and any 'missed' attractions.

I want to see:

Muppet 3D
Great movie ride
Magic of Disney animation (i can skip)
One man's dream
backlot tour
little mermaid
TOT
RNR (maybe, if I get my nerve set)
Eat dinner at pizza planet
fantasmic

What time should we get to the studios to do all this?

Thanks

PeterPanFan
08-11-2007, 08:26 AM
we usually get all that done in one day

Bluesky481
08-11-2007, 09:58 AM
We usually spend 2 or 3 half days at MGM...with limited time, you could probably see all the main attractions in one day depending on crowds.

Jared
08-11-2007, 10:03 AM
We usually spend half of one day to see the attractions at Disney-MGM Studios and visit a second time exclusively for Fantasmic!. Last trip, my mother, sister and I spent approximately three hours in the park altogether.

Right now, the Disney-MGM Studios is my least favorite of the four theme parks. Though all the attractions you mentioned are worthwhile, the other three parks have simply become more appealing.

Looking at your list, I suggest spending one day at the Disney-MGM Studios. Make sure to watch Fantasmic! because it is a truly exceptional show.

snifflesmcg
08-11-2007, 10:34 AM
The park can be done in a day and a half. I give myself two full days and if we finish early we can either ride stuff twice or leave and do something else.

Darbylew
08-11-2007, 10:47 AM
We can do MGM in one day and sometimes
less. It is my least favorite park but it does
have some great rides. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :D

SBETigg
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I think you can accomplish everything in a full day or two half days.

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:39 PM

We had 10 day passes last year, and spent 3 half days and most of a fourth day at MGM. That being said, we have still never experienced LMA, B&B, or Fantasmic. We like to ride certain attractions multiple times (ToT & R'nRC), so we are never bored at MGM. Now, AK, that's a different story....

AllDisney
08-11-2007, 12:57 PM
You can do MGM in a day, I think. If the crowds get to be to much after 1/2 day then you can go back for another 1/2 day and finish out the things you didn't get to do the first day and perhaps get the chance to redo some other things.

Hope this helps!

Soul_Power
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I think that MGM could be done in 1 1/2 days as well. This was my boyfriend's and my last park of the trip and we spent the entire day there but missed a few attractions. We left to go back home the next day, but we agreed that if we just had a few more hours at MGM we would've completed everything we had set out to do. I love that park!

Tink#64
08-12-2007, 12:16 AM
I love MGM! We do almost everything there! Last year on our first MGM day we were there for 13 hours! And this was in May & we didn't have really long wait times for anything. The only thing we didn't do was Little Mermaid because it had a 2 hour wait everytime we checked! We were there when the park opened and stayed for Fantasmic! We went back another 1/2 day for the Star Wars Weekend. I think MGM is an easy park to spend all day in because it's smaller & there's less walking. We usually can do everything we want to do in about 8 hours or so. But I'd rather have more time to slow down & enjoy all that's there! :mickey:

LoriMistress
08-12-2007, 02:31 AM
You may be able to do everything if you arrive at the parks before opening.

mickey-mouse35
08-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I definitely think you can get this all done in a day! We usually take a day and a half for MGM, but I like to see Beauty and the Beast and the two live action shows in addition to the rides, which adds time. We do everything--even the sound and animation areas, which a lot of people skip.

Be sure to use fast passes for TofT, RRC and Little Mermaid, and you should be great! Have fun!

mttafire
08-12-2007, 03:51 PM

My least fav. park also..BUT, There is stuff there we like to do. We can see what we want in a half day for sure.

IATwinsMom
08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
My kids love the Power Rangers so in order for us to get all of the signatures it take us 2 half days. But I think that without that there would be no problem finishing MGM in 1 day. If you don't get the park finished you can always go back for a couple of hours:mickey:.

jwallace378
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
We usually do MGM in about 5-6 hours. We see all of the main attractions and shows.