PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to get to Whispering Canyon

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I recently read on another post that you can get to Whispering Canyon from MK by boat. Can anyone tell me what boat? Where you catch it? etc.
I own just about every Disney guidebook ever published, and none of them mention using a boat to get to WC. We had just planned on driving.
Thanks for any help.

wdw_bound
08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
When you exit the gates of MK, you can go to the dock marked resort launches. Once there, you'll find a line for the WL boat (it also goes to Ft.W). Depending on the time of day, you will go to WL first (in the latter part of the day). It takes less than 15 minutes. You disembark at the WL dock, which is at the back of the resort, and go up the walkway, past the pool and enter by Roaring Forks, the CS location. From there you will go up to the main lobby and WCC will be on your left.

Definitely worth the experience, particularly if you are returning to MK, or relying on WDW transportation.

Natazu
08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
MK offers a resort launch to Wilderness Lodge. From there, it is a short walk to WCC.

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:35 AM
When you exit the gates of MK, you can go to the dock marked resort launches. Once there, you'll find a line for the WL boat (it also goes to Ft.W). Depending on the time of day, you will go to WL first (in the latter part of the day). It takes less than 15 minutes. You disembark at the WL dock, which is at the back of the resort, and go up the walkway, past the pool and enter by Roaring Forks, the CS location. From there you will go up to the main lobby and WCC will be on your left.

Definitely worth the experience, particularly if you are returning to MK, or relying on WDW transportation.

Thank you for the very detailed instructions. Our dinner is at 6:10, and MK is open until 10:00 p.m. that night, so we will definitely be returning to MK.
Thanks for all your help.

DisneyDudet
08-11-2007, 11:35 AM
There are also buses that run from MK to WL, at least last time I was there. The boats are fun.

If you just miss the boat, walk to the Contemporary and catch the launch to WL from there.

tinkerbell04
08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I think that the bus to and from the MK from the WL are faster then the boats. The bus has a stop with the rest of the resort buses and it is a VERY short ride, about 2-3 minutes tops!

wilshade
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Buses may be faster, but the boat is a MUCH better ride. It's far more relaxing and the view of the Wilderness Lodge from the water is not to be missed.