PDA

View Full Version : MGM august 27

Nekochan
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I was checking the website today (obsessing about my plans), and originally MGM was supposed to have evening EMH and a second showing of Fantasmic on August 27. The extra magic hours still lists that date for MGM, but the calendar view does not, and the calendar view has one fantasmic viewing. Anyone have further info?

robhink
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Well thats very interesting, I've sent an email to disney to see if they can provide any information. , since I had planned to be at MGM on the 27th as well.

tadshome
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I had planned to be at MGM on 27th and did not notice the change :confused: Hopefully just a glitch? :(

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Same thing goes for September 17th..says there is only the 8pm viewing..yet they have EMH in the evening...

Chris :hatter:

robhink
08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
They have now updated the EMH schedule for August 27/28th. Disney MGM Studios EMH is now scheduled for the 28th. Everything else that week appears to still be same as before.

jraczes
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
I just called Disney and went through there automated schedule, they still have 2 showings of Fantasmic. I to am arriving on the 27th and am plannning MGM as my first day. Maybe I'll see you there!

Nekochan
08-10-2007, 11:55 PM
They have now updated the EMH schedule for August 27/28th. Disney MGM Studios EMH is now scheduled for the 28th. Everything else that week appears to still be same as before.

so, they're having the PNP at MK and the EMH at MGM on the same night?

Nekochan
08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
They've just changed the night EMH for MGM from August 27 to August 28. I'm rather upset - I bought tickets to the Hoop de Doo for August 28th, and my plans included the EMH at MGM for the 27th. I'm trying to avoid going to the parks in the afternoons because it's so darn hot at the end of August - especially MGM and AK. I'm sure ALOT of people have made their dining reservations and plans around the schedule - i mean, I can understand changing it two months in advance, but 17 days before? Grrrrr......:mad:

robhink
08-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Yup I agree, it stinks. I've got some newbies with me on my next trip, and I had scheduled it to see the second fantasmic showing that night, eating dinner around 7:30 pm. There's no way to start eating at 7:30 and get in to the only show on the 27th now at 8:30 pm. I've got reservations for Le Cellier on the 28th, not going to be missing that, I guess there's a chance to get to Fantasmic that night if we skip Illuminations after dinner, but I'm not sure what to do now.

tadshome
08-11-2007, 04:58 AM
I can'r believe that they have done that, all that planning and then 2 weeks before they change things. I have PS for Le Cellier on 28th and I am not going to cancel that so i guess that i am going to have to miss EMH at MGM :cry:

pixiesmimi
08-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm ticked too! I specifically planned my dining reservations in the parks around the EMH and they had these in MGM on the 27th. :mad: I am not a happy camper and would not have known this until we got to the park if I had not read this today. I guess I had better go back and check all the dates and times again to make sure they haven't changed something else on me two weeks before our trip. :(

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
so, they're having the PNP at MK and the EMH at MGM on the same night?

Yes, they usually have another park with EMH when the MK has the party, because the MK's is a special ticket event. But it was supposed to be Epcot with the EMH on the 28th and they have changed that to MGM. My last night in Epcot, we were planning on that EMH. But I guess we'll head over to MGM after Epcot instead.

You don't have to miss it, Tadshome. You can head over to MGM after Epcot, too. They hand out bracelets all during the EMH for resort guests.

AtoZgirl
08-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Yes, they usually have another park with EMH when the MK has the party, because the MK's is a special ticket event

So you're telling me that even though the MK is open till 9pm... I have to be out at 7:30 because of the P&PP?? I'm confused :(

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 12:50 PM
So you're telling me that even though the MK is open till 9pm... I have to be out at 7:30 because of the P&PP?? I'm confused :(

If the 28th is a Pirate and Princess night, the regular park hours end at 7 pm for MK, yes, and the hours should be listed accordingly.