PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP costumes

Wrigley
08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I was just wondering if most of the adults that attend MNSSHP dress up as well, or if it is mostly just the children??

If you are attending this year, what are you dressing up as????

mickey&missy
08-10-2007, 01:08 PM
We went on Halloween last year, so the precentage of costume wearing people may have been higher. All of the adults in our party dressed up, it made it more fun.

I was Minnie, DH was Prince Charming. DS was Mickey and DD was Cinderella.

Enjoy the party!

5fromabove
08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
When we went in '04 DH and I had on those big puffy Donald and Daisy costumes from The Disney Store...our whole family dressed up. It made it more festive :) I'd say it was 50/50 for people dressed up. :) :mickey: Go for it!

Tick-Tock
08-12-2007, 11:54 PM
You can dress up or not and won't stand out either way (except you might get special attention if you have a cool costume), but dressing up makes it much more fun!

We went as Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood two years ago. We might use those outfits again this year, or we might go as Velma and Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Iluvpooh
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
This is our 3rd MNSSHP and our 1st time in costume. (Also our first time with kids)
We will be there on October 30. Our family is dressing up in theme. DH-Captain Hook, Me-Wendy-DD3-Tiger Lily and DD4 Tink. If any of you see us stop and say hey.
Costumes are not required and you will have a good time either way. The choice is up to you.
I'll tell you a great one we saw last year was the Wiggles.-Cheap and easy. Black pants & colored shirt.

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 08:01 AM
We're dressing up ... Mom and I are going to be Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee, DH is going to be the Mad Hatter and DD is supposed to be Alice .... she keeps telling me she wants to be a princess. Typical 4yo! I keep telling her Alice is a princess. She wants to wear a frou-frou dress! :D

mook3y
08-13-2007, 08:58 AM
We are travelling with friends this year.

Their DS4 peter pan DD 3 Wendy
My DD 3 tinkerbell my DS 5 Hook.

I am dressing up as Mr Smee. Trying to get the other adults to dress up, but no luck so far!

But, Just because I am going to hit the big 4 0 this week.... doesn't mean I still can't play once and a while!!!! :D

Mickey'sGirl
08-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I will be Princess Leia --
DH will be Han Solo
DS9 hasn't decided yet --
and DS3 will be Sorcerer Mickey:smickey:

Jared
08-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Many adults wear costumes to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I am attending the event for the first time in October but probably will wear regular street attire. I won't have enough room in my bag for a big, bulky costume.

SimbaandNalasMama
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Its our first MNSSHP and we def wanted to dress up. We wanted to do something scary and not Disney themed, since we knew that would be covered! ;)

I am 36, hubby is 32. Is going to be the Grim Reaper and I am going to be a Zombie Prom Queen. I found the BEST costume and cannot wait to dress up and trick or treat. I feel like a kid again!!! If you see us...say hi! My sis is also going with, but she hasnt decided on her costume yet. She is going to be in theme with us too, somehow !!
:mpumpkin::bat::mpumpkin::bat:

Iluvpooh
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Sounds fun( I love the prom queen zombie)-Just remember that really scary or bloody costumes or costumes with face covering masks are not allowed. Just a heads up.

Vintage Disney
08-15-2007, 10:20 PM
DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year. We weren't planning on wearing costumes because our luggage will be stuffed already. Maybe we will pick up something small to wear while at WDW just to get in the spirit!

Catwillow
08-15-2007, 10:45 PM
couple adults in our party and we are going as (at least planning on it) Malificient (ME) and my friend is planning on going as The Fairy Godmother. Then last I recall we are going to have Speed McQueen (or Mushu), Mulan, Samurai, Tinker Bell and Pocahontas...at least that is the last plan I can remember.

DicksonGR
08-16-2007, 06:44 AM
We'll be going for the first time on September 14th. I plan on bringing my kilt along. Should be fun.

BugeyedMuggy
08-16-2007, 09:57 AM
We dressed up last year & will this year. It makes it so much more fun. Just make sure you werar VERY comfortable shoes. Don't go for style like I did. My feet were killing me. You can always buy something to dress up as in Epcot countries such as in Norway maybe a viking helmet or a sombrero in Mexico.

beksy
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
This is our 1st time going and we decided to dress up as 3 of the 101 Dalmations. It was compact and easy to put together since none of us are too creative! :party:

SimbaandNalasMama
08-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Sounds fun( I love the prom queen zombie)-Just remember that really scary or bloody costumes or costumes with face covering masks are not allowed. Just a heads up.

where have you found these rules? just curious because it doesnt list any restrictions on Disney's home MNSSHP page, nor have i seen anything here. Not that we were going for over-the-top scary, but it IS a Halloween party, costumes encouraged...

thanks for any info

Tick-Tock
08-16-2007, 02:58 PM
where have you found these rules? just curious because it doesnt list any restrictions on Disney's home MNSSHP page, nor have i seen anything here. Not that we were going for over-the-top scary, but it IS a Halloween party, costumes encouraged...

thanks for any info

When we called Disney to ask about costumes, we were told of the masks-can't-cover-face rule. And I've seen on here and other sites the not-too-scary request (stories about people being refused admission) -- and it makes sense, since after all, it's Mickey's NOT SO SCARY Halloween party.

Dicecatt262
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM

I would assume Darth Maul makeup would be okay? I sure hope so. We thought the mask would be too hot anyway. And since they have Darth Maul in MGM, I would assume it would be okay as an 8 year old's costume? He was Captain Jack last year and I did the coolest makeup on him. He was #1 of all the little Captain Jack's running around!

I am going to be the Queen of Hearts, DH is Mad Hatter, my sister is Alice. DD12 is Elizabeth Swan in wedding dress. DD8 is Belle, DD2 is Little Bo Peep, DS8 is Darth Maul.

Iluvpooh
08-16-2007, 04:31 PM

thanks for any info

I'm not sure if these are rules set in stone or just a request as the other poster said. In 2001 we did see 3 teenagers not allowed in with "Scream" masks. As far as I know they left them in the car and then went back in. The no scary or bloody rule may just be a request because of young children-and not a true "rule" per say. I am sure there is a mod that can clear this up.

As far as Darth Maul-I am sure that it is okay. My nephew actually got his face painted at MGM in full Darth Maul make up and it was freaky!!

Mickey'sGirl
08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
DS9 is now saying he wants to be the Grim Reaper (sans scythe of course) -- would that fall into the refuse entry category, or do you think he's good to go..... :confused::confused:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-17-2007, 08:54 AM
My oldest wants to be Darth Vader. He has a mask and a cape. Does anyone know if he will be able to wear this?

BugeyedMuggy
08-17-2007, 09:46 AM
When we got our MNSSHP passes there was a letter enclosed & there were suggestions on what was not appropriate.

McGoofy
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM

thanks for any info

Here are the official rules that were on the cover letter that came with my tickets for the 10/31 MNSSHP. Hope this helps with the decision making.

And I quote...

Halloween costumes should NOT:
~Obstruct the guest's view or interfere with their ability to board/unload from attractions and/or the Walt Disney World Resort transportations system (including monorails, ferry boats and motorcoaches).
~Drag on the ground.
~Contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.
~Be offensive to other guests.
~Contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.

There will be 12 adults in our group. We are definitely dressing up. We want to go as some kind of theme, but we haven't decided on what we want to do yet. Dressing up is certainly not required, but it is definitely so much fun!

Catwillow
08-18-2007, 03:13 PM
My Malificient Costume & Staff came today...OH MY GOSH...it's sooooo cool and I am soooo excited now!!!!! 73 More days till the party!!!! Well...at leas till we go...we are attending the Oct 30th party!!!!!

:malef::mpumpkin::malef:

Iluvpooh
08-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Us too. Hope to see you there. We are eating at Chef Mickeys before the party. If you see us-stop and say hey. Captain Hook, Wendy, Tinkerbell, and Tiger Lily.

The Bookseller
08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I was dressed like a Jedi last year. It was a blast.

SimbaandNalasMama
08-19-2007, 09:58 AM
thanks everyone for your feedback on the costumes. My tix that i purchased online and then printed (so nothing was mailed to my home) did not include anything about costumes and suggested attire. If it werent for you fine folks hubby would have shown up in Grim Reaper gear, complete with GIANT (and i meant GIANT, it came in the mail yesterday) scythe and a mask...only to be turned away. So, i am keeping my costume, and going to be only slightly scary...we are trying to determine what his costume could be to go with mine. Either Prom King or Football Captain (I am going to be Prom Queen - Zombiefied :)) sister is going to be a Zombie cheerleader. we plan on dressing it down, so as not to be too freaky for the little ones (not ours, we have none, but all the ones in and around the World).

thanks again guys! :pumpkin::ghost: