PDA

View Full Version : Epcot's 25th?

Dyanna
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Is Disney planning on any special events during October when Epcot turns 25? We will be there in early Oct & was wondering if we needed to plan in anything that might not be of the norm.

I would have been great it SSE would be done by then!:blush:

DizneyRox
08-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Shhhh, don't tell anyone...

But, if you head into Mouse Gears, head to the very back of the store. Head towards the clearance rack, and in back of that (maybe in a bin on the ground) will be a small collection of hats, pins and t-shirts celebrating the 25th anniversary of Walt's dream.

I'm kidding of course, the pins and hats will probably be next to the pet section, but that's about all I hear they are doing for the 25th.

Sorry...

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 12:30 PM
^ Except you'd be wrong.

They recently announced that on October 1st they will do a small "rededication" ceremony by Fountain of Nations when the park opens.

Here's the article: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2007/07/epcot-rededicat.html

I don't like posting this, as the kid that is mentioned keeps trying to take credit for Disney's change of plans, but it's a start nonetheless.

ginger19
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I was hoping they would do something! We'll be there that week and I'm rearranging our schedule so we'll hit EPCOT on that day :mickey:

HOLITRIN
08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
They are going to paint the Big ball pink and put a candle on top :party::funny::noevil:

DizneyRox
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Something would be great! Hopefully they realize it deserves something better than pins. Problem is it's too late for anything substantial, but a rededication is nice...

Jakk
08-10-2007, 03:44 PM
The wand will be down long before Oct.1. There is pins and retro shirts in Mouse gears. As for celberation purposes like mcjaco said there'll be a rededication ceremony by Fountain of Nations with the whole speech. There'll also be a few suprises but I'm not allowed to say any of them currently. But let's just say for one suprises there might be a certain "Dreamfinder" giving some info on a certain JII rehab...

Something would be great! Hopefully they realize it deserves something better than pins. Problem is it's too late for anything substantial, but a rededication is nice...

Well it won't be judt a rededication, the suprises will be the substantial stuff...lol

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
^ I'm holding you to that JIYI information.

mickey-mouse35
08-10-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised they're not doing more for such a big thing! :(

Jakk
08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
^ I'm holding you to that JIYI information.

Well.....I know for sure that the JIYI rehab will be announced by this year but I'm not completly sure it'll be announced on the 25th but please don't hurt me if it isn't :hide2: but I've heard that'll be one of Jim's suprises..

I'm surprised they're not doing more for such a big thing

lol...you should be happy that there even doing the 25th if it wasn't up to Jim Macphee there would'nt be nothin!

jpH/keD
08-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd still like a set of 25th anniversary glasses from McDonalds like the ones they put out for MK's 25th anniv.! :mickey:

delusionalstitch
08-12-2007, 10:01 AM
According to the Mickey Monitor I recived in the mail the other day it appears nothing is planned it doesnt even mention Epcot turning 25.

TheRustyScupper
08-12-2007, 12:11 PM
1) I am thoroughly disappointed that there is no recognition.
2) Make that disgusted.
3) It wouldn't take THAT much money.
4) It is a shame that WDW is run so much by the bottom line & cash cow.

Jakk
08-12-2007, 08:38 PM
1) I am thoroughly disappointed that there is no recognition.
2) Make that disgusted.
3) It wouldn't take THAT much money.

It's been CONFIRMED by Jim Macphee (the Vice freakin President of EPCOT) that there will be a 25th celebration for the guests..so don't be dissapointed, be excited..lol

4) It is a shame that WDW is run so much by the bottom line & cash cow.

If your talking about "Jim Macphee" then your absoutley wrong, he cares ALOT about EPCOT and has bold and exciting plans for the future (like JIYI rehab) of EPCOT. He's also a EPCOT purist like alot of us...^^

mcjaco
08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
^ I agree MacPhee is waht Epcot has needed for a long time. He has stated he wants to get it back to what it once was. With Iger's help, it could be the beginning of an even greater Epcot.

My fingers are crossed!