PDA

View Full Version : CM's effect on ride experiences

chick20679
08-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi All!
Just wondering which ride you all think is most affected by a 'less than enthusiastic' Cast Member.

LauraF
08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I wanted to vote on more than one:
Definititely the JC, but also HM and the Safari. I've been on all 3 where the CM wasn't into that day and the rides were not the same.

MMouse6937
08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Definately JC. They can make or break that ride. The other attractions are better if there is an enthusiastic CM, but the JC is the only one in my opinion that is not worth it if the CM isn't into it. :mickey:

disneydrmr
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I voted Great Movie ride.. the first time we rode it our two cms were into it... the second time we had one that was less than enthusiastic about her role and it really did make a difference in the feeling of the ride. Since the CMs on this ride are actually a part of the ride I think they REALLY can impact a guest's experience... The Jungle Cruise is a close second.. cause again.. the CM is actually a part of the ride...

magicman
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I voted Jungle Cruise. The ride is campy, yet still very enjoyable based purely on the CM.

wedway76
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I voted for Jungle Cruise too.

I've been a little disapointed in the CMs acting as cruise guides lately. All too often it seems like they are reading off a script. And every line seems to be spoken in that Disneyworld rythm, it's almost sing-song.

IloveJack
08-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I voted KS. I've never been a fan of JC, and don't ride it often. However, KS can be just a ride through the savannah, or it can be a fun attraction. However, our CM in July talked to us, and treated us "like he was our safari guide" instead of a guy following a script. He pretty much ignored the "Simba 1 and 2" thing, and just talked to us. He was probably the best CM we've had yet.

SBETigg
08-10-2007, 11:26 AM
They are definitely important in all the listed rides, but the CM makes the biggest difference to me in the Jungle Cruise. The others can stand alone a little better even when the CM is a little off, but a dud CM skipper on the Jungle Cruise can ruin all the fun.

BelleBeauty
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I think it makes the biggest amount of difference in the GMR. JC of course, it is very important, but I almost feel like they don't give you a less-enthusiastic CM (I've never had one) because they really are the entire ride!

The GMR is amazing, but it is a very big ride vehicle, a very long ride, and has many components that are a little outdated. So I think that if your CMs aren't into it, it makes the ride much less enjoyable.

disneymom15
08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Sorry, I voted before I read the question. Would revote for JC, not HM like I did.

Figgyluv03
08-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Jungle Cruise, then Great Movie Ride....

Bluesky481
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
I think they're all fabulous, but I voted HM...I just don't know how they keep a straight face! If it were on the list, I'd be very tempted to vote for TOT...I always, always, always get a kick out of the bellhops!:funny: I guess I have a pretty dry sense of humor:D

thrillme
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
JC definately. I had one that pretty much "read" the script and it was an incredibly dull ride. The average one may stick to the script but have a lot of "energy" doing it. The BEST ones make up a little of thier own silly puns. These are the ones that deserve a BIG raise.

snifflesmcg
08-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I voted for Kilimanjaro Safari. Without a speaking CM, you might miss an animal. Also, they point out exactly which animal it is.

LoriMistress
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Wow. I think they ALL effect the attraction by how the CM is acting. I since I only had one option, I picked the HM just because you have to be the opposite of Disney (friendly, smiley, etc.). You have to act dark, scary, dead stare, etc. even when CM has to answer questions to guests.

IloveDisney71
08-10-2007, 09:06 PM
I had a hard time choosing one of these rides, but I went with my first thought and that would be the JC. I would vote GMR second and KS third.

MickeysEars
08-10-2007, 09:14 PM
they were all good choices. But JC is the one ride that you see the CM the entire time

jszczur5
08-11-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm with the majority on this one. The CM on the JC is the ride. Without their patter, the ride is pretty lame. Each time we go on the ride, I sit there and try to anticipate their next corny line. My oldest son (then 11) told our guide last year that he wasn't nearly as good as our guide the day before. Not nice - but true.

stormy57
08-11-2007, 07:50 AM
I voted for the GMR. Would vote the JC a close second.

fielin
08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I voted JC.

The other rides can be entertaining on their own, but JC is a waste of time without a good CM.

dumbo ears
08-11-2007, 05:01 PM
this is a close one between hm and KS to me but i had to choose kilimanjaro. I love the ride amd a funny driver makes the ride even better.

mainemajor
08-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I went with JC because without a great CM you have a lame ride (IMHO). The great movie ride is ok without a great CM, but is fantastic when the CM's are into their roles. I love the HM and don't fel the CM's have much effect on the ride. But that said during MNSSHP the HM's CM's were decked out and made it even a better ride. While I feel a good guide for the safari makes it better, I'm always looking around to see tyhe diferent animals and often see them before our guide points them out. I'm not crazy about the backlot tour with or without a good guide.

The Bookseller
08-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I will have to go with the Jungle Cruise.

Let's be honest here; JC is nothing but a stand-up comic number in a ride. I took the ride six times in my last trip and I had six different versions of it. My favorite joke was the Skipper commenting about how natural-looking was the plastic ducks! Of course, those were real but it was invented on the fly and this is something a ride with a soundtrack will never give you.

carrielf
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM
CMs are very important on JC and GMR of course. I also LOVE when the CMs on ToT get really into their role and try to scare guests right after the elevator door opens. There are always some completly unsuspecting people who jump and scream. Then everyone laughs. :laughing:
I will also never forget the CM who made my mom jump a mile on HM just trying to help get the lap bar down! :mickey:

ojeilatan
08-11-2007, 08:25 PM
I voted for HM, because it was my first instinct. We have had CM's get so into their roles in HM that it really made it a favorite of mine. I do agree, though, that JC isn't worth it if you don't have a CM who's into it.

Personally, out of all the rides, ToT, for me, is ten times better with a great CM. I always love the ride, but with a CM who's loving their role, you can get lost in the story and forget that you're not in an old hotel.

On any ride, I love when CM's find clever ways to slip in the 'hands and feet in at all times, etc. etc.' bit in that goes along with the story. That's the true essence of Disney right there; being a complete part of the story.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-11-2007, 10:59 PM
The CM is the ride on JC. It doesn't stand up if the CM isn't into it. The others are less interesting if the CM is off but not as badly hurt.

albino_pygmy
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
The CM is the ride on JC. It doesn't stand up if the CM isn't into it. The others are less interesting if the CM is off but not as badly hurt.

Ha! If I said that, I'd be in serious trouble. Oh wait, I actually have said that one time on my boat before, and boy was that interesting. I was at the unload dock and saying goodbye to my crew as they left, and was talking to the last group as they left, as the 'voice of the boat' "Come back and ride me again sometime!" Everyone in the queue gave me ackward stares, but little did they know they were going to end up on my boat in a couple minutes. Ha! :D