PDA

View Full Version : Staying in OKW. Any tips?

sloslo
08-10-2007, 07:52 AM
We're staying in the OKW, 1 BD villa in December. Any tips? How's the food?

pox24
08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Olivia's is a quiet, relaxing place to eat. Food is very good. OKW is a nice resort. Rooms are more spacious than any other DVC resort. Why?
This was the 1st DVC resort and the Disney folks built it larger ( the rooms) than any other. When they found out they could make them smaller for more guests they then reduce the size of the 1, 2 and Grand Villas. The studios stayed the same. The LB golf club runs throuth OKW with lakes, greens and lush fairways. It has a boat shuttle to DTD too. It is a little spread out but if you know the layout its easy to request something close to the lobby. Dec is a great time to visit. OH, one more thing... take me with you.

Maleficent's Dad
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
1 BR in OKW? Great accomodations!!!

Love the resort:
1. Virtually all rooms have great views
2. Laid back resort
3. Can be very spread out - if you want to be near main pool/main area, request to do so now!
4. Only 1 sit down restaurant - Olivia's. Great b'fast, safe bet for dinner. Be sure to have an ADR (or two) there if you want to eat there.
5. Take out window - "Goods to Go" is a bit limited... and only CS type of place (there's another, but only opens during peak times)
6. Boat to DTD is nice perk
7. Kitchen will be huge - as well as living room area - take advantage of this if possible.
8. Fabulous resort with outstanding accomodations - don't expect the hustle & bustle of monorail resorts or BW area... it's mellow and laid back!
9. If you have a car - you can park right in front of your room!
Have a great time!

Chantilly9384
08-10-2007, 10:02 AM
OKW is, in my opinion, the best place to stay. Olivia's is a great sit-down restaurant - breakfasts and lunches are fantastic there. Personally, I think it's better and more often than not cheaper to eat at the sit-down restaurants than to grab food to go. Try the chicken Caesar salad - ask for it if it's not on the menu. You won't be disappointed! Good's ToGo is great, but expect to wait for your order to be made just for you. It's the same kitchen as Olivia's, so it can get a bit slow at times.

The pools are great, too. Be sure to take at least a day to relax & explore the resort! Take a boat ride, bike ride, sit by the pool (or bar!) because you'll certainly need one day of relaxation if you're anything like us! Downtown Disney is a nice boatride away from the dock - but the trip can take up to 45 minutes, so it's not the thing to do if you're on a tight schedule.

Let me know if you are interested in any other information... I've got 20 trips under my belt and the next one's in September!

-Candice

:mickey: