PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! Blast from the past...

MickeysGirl
08-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

Ok, so I'm probably screaming my age here (not that it really matters anyway) but today is such an interesting holiday, I just had to make a big deal!

Today is National Duran Duran Appreciation Day! And in honor of my never ending posters as a grade schooler of Simon, John, Nick, Roger and Andy, let's start today's...

:rocker::drum:So who is Rio Party? :piano::drummer:

Happy Friday!!

And in honor of their James Bond movie theme...

Specialty Drink of the day: :marg: Martini... shaken not stirred
... with soda for the kinds and an open bar as always ....
:papple: :wine: :beer:

Hope you all have a fabulous day and weekend! For my fellow New Orleanians, we'll see you guys tomorrow!

magicofdisney
08-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Well, I know Rio is a girl and she dances on the sand! :)

TINKERBELL_82
08-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Happy Friday!!! While the martini sounds pretty good, I'll just have a :beer: please! :mickey:

JanetMegan
08-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'll take a big ol' :marg: cause in a few minutes my boss is leaving to fly to CA for over a WEEK! Woo Hoo! Party central here in the office!

disneydrmr
08-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Happy Happy Friday everyone! Got any fresh squeezed lemonade? It's been so hot around here that some ice cold (extra extra ice please) sounds really good... Hey! Is anyone hungry like a wolf???? I brought fruit and veggie trays... hmmm.. actually if you were hungry like a wolf I guess you would want meat - wouldn't you? Hey Brett? Think you should fire up the grill? hmmm... actually a wolf would eat it's meat raw... so, um, forget I asked...:D

conorsmom2000
08-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Happy Friday everyone!!!

Since we seem to have a continuation of "the summer of wacky weather" I think I'll start with a Bailey's and coffee as it's 68 degrees here (and raining!) - and after days of 90+ temps, this feels downright chilly! :mickey:

MsMin
08-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Happy Friday Everyone
I'll just have my usual shot in the coffee. :whew: a martini for breakfast....
I'm excited about tomorrow. I'm picking Jeanne up from the airport, feels like I'm meeting a little piece of "Disney" ;)-- can't wait to meet everyone :minnie: wish everyone could make it.
Have a great weekend....

RenDuran
08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
National Duran Duran Appreciation Day? I'm all for that....that's where the second part of my name comes from! The first part came from the movie Footloose!

Beach Club Babe
08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
:mickey: Happy Friday Everyone!:mickey:

For a minute, I thought the interesting holiday you were tallking about was my birthday!:party:;)

I can't stay up partying for long, as tomorrow, we begin the drive to WDW!:mickey:

But one little:beer: won't hurt for now!

Mickey'sGirl
08-10-2007, 10:09 AM
I am soooo at this party Jamie! I'll dance on the sand for sure! Happy Friday everyone! Have a safe and happy one!:thumbsup:

offwego
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Now this is a theme I can understand!!

I'll take a martini so long as it's vodlka no gin thanks!!

And now we need to think of some obscure titles to stump us. Anyone else remember the Chauffer song?

Jeff G
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Happy Friday!

Duran Duran apprecitation day. Is there something I should know? Who would think this Notorius band would have there own day.

I'll pass on the martini this morning as we have a lot of driving to do this weekend. The Relex needs to stay sharp. Plus the vodka in a martini makes me run with the Wild Boys.

Do we have any astronomers here? I'm curious if we have A New Moon on Monday?

I must go now so I can get my driving in and see the Planet Earth, I here there is a View to Kill. I should porbably have lunch before I leave though since I'm Hungry Like A Wolf.

Have a great Friday!

vizsla
08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
:party:Happy Friday Everyone:party:

ElenitaB
08-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the giggle, Jeff. Well done! (They say there's one in every crowd. ;) )

Have a wonderful meet this weekend! I do hope that someone will be taking Jeanne over to Cafe du Monde for beignets so she can have the real deal! :tasty: And have the fire department on alert just in case Bret lights up the grill for real!

I'll pass on the martini but I could sure use a :marg: after the things that have blown through here this past week! We do love to share, but, honestly, y'all can keep your tornadoes!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

MsMin
08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I do hope that someone will be taking Jeanne over to Cafe du Monde for beignets so she can have the real deal! :tasty: And have the fire department on alert just in case Bret lights up the grill for real!
I'm chauffeur-- thanks for the hint. I love beignets and the kids are always :razz: we can kill some time @ the riverwalk until Bret says he's ready. I keep asking him what time and he doesn't answer :confused: I don't know if I should take that as a hint. Maybe he's afraid I'll tell Angel his real address :thedolls:
We would send you the remains from the beignets; but the USPS tends to frown on mailing white powdery stuff:D -- I tried to get her to stay w/ me b/c I'll be down on the river.
Have a great wknd....

SBETigg
08-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Ooh, time to break out the jazz oxfords, fedoras, and fingerless gloves. Too funny!

I had such a crush on Simon when I was fourteen, posters everywhere. They were playing the first Duran Duran album when I was getting my hair done yesterday. I haven't heard some of those first album tunes in years, and now this. Thanks for letting us know. Happy Friday.
:marg::marg:

Nascfan
08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Forget the martini for me, I'm interested if we have anymore chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream floats that we had last week. YUM!

Have a great weekend all! :mickey:

DisneyDog
08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Great reason to party! I saw them in 1985. What fun! Can I have a :marg:? Happy Friday!

drummerboy
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Hmmmm. Duran Duran. I think they came out when my girls were teens, so I've got a block on that part of my memory. Can we celebrate the Doors instead?

Happy Friday all.

ChipDale
08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
:sun: Happy Friday! :sun:

Where's Emily? Isn't she a fan? :D

Jamie, I'll take a martini :marg: please followed by my usual 6X :beer: please!

:beer:Have a great weekend everybody! :beer:

harlowandthemermaid
08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I was just listening to Duran Duran on my Ipod last night:cool:

Have fun this weekend!

SgtTigger
08-10-2007, 07:27 PM
have the fire department on alert just in case Bret lights up the grill for real!

hey ellen....... :fresh:

until Bret says he's ready. I keep asking him what time and he doesn't answer :confused: I don't know if I should take that as a hint.

Come as soon as you want........ come on down..........

Happy Friday everyone......

:cop: :tigger: