PDA

View Full Version : Three Changes to the Magic Kingdom

WeLuvBuzz
08-10-2007, 07:21 AM
I love Disney World, but everythime I go there are always a few things I wish they would change. My 3 for Magic Kingdom are below. Please keep in mind they must be realistic. A major change to Stitch when they just redid it is not going to happen. Nor is dumping the Jungle Cruise because it uses up so much valuable land as it is a classic, and getting rids of the carpets is a bad idea as the fools in line for that are not in line for something I want to do. My changes are as follows. What would yours be?

1) Stitch needs to be tweaked a little. Yes, it is wrong that his name is Stitch when he has not even met Lilo yet, but for character association purposes with children it has to stay. I would change the ending somewhat as it it very lame. I think they need to make everyone in the audience some type of galactic officer in training and tell them to go out into the park and watch for Stitch. They could hand out sticker badges to the kids to wear. Minor change, but it at least brings some sense to the ending.

2) Move Carousel of Progress to EPCOT. I love COP, but it does not get the respect it deserves back in the corner of Tomorrow land. It would not be that hard to move it to where Body Wars and the other attractions they shut down were. They should also update the last scene to the tomorrow that never was with moving sidewalks and Jetson type flying vehicles. They could then demo the skyway building, the theatre, and have lots of room for a new atttaction. I would even be happy if they built some type of a closed in theatre where you could go sit in stadium style seats and watch excerpts of Disney Movies as a cool place to relax for a while. They could even sell Disney Movies on the way out in the "gift shop". Of course, since this is the tomorrowland that never was, the Tomorrowland Airport (Seaport?) could have the Journey to the bottom of the ocean dark ride. Think Back to the Future at Universal perhaps. Just imagine the neat special effects.

3)Somehow there needs to be a way to get from BTM to the other side of the park walking. Two options are some type of a drawbridge (got to work around the riverboats) over to Tom Sawyer Island and then over to Liberty Square, or a walking bridge/path along the water (like on the front side) that gets you over to Fantasyland. There is always such congestion in front of Splash as you have to come in and out the same way.

magicman
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
3)Somehow there needs to be a way to get from BTM to the other side of the park walking. Two options are some type of a drawbridge (got to work around the riverboats) over to Tom Sawyer Island and then over to Liberty Square, or a walking bridge/path along the water (like on the front side) that gets you over to Fantasyland. There is always such congestion in front of Splash as you have to come in and out the same way.

Wow, that is a cool thought to alleviate the bottleneck over by BTMR & Splash Mt.

My changes:
(1) Change the MK version of Winnie the Pooh to the Tokyo version called "Pooh's Hunny Hunt". (It is a state of the art version where the cars do not run on tracks.)

(2) Change the Stitch ride to a Narnian Teleport Ride. (I know this may not be realistic since the Stitch rennovation wasn't that long ago.)

(3) Rennovate/upgrade the Snow White's Scary Adventure ride. It needs moderninzation. (Maybe it would be a good candidate for the trackless vehicles that I mentioned in my first idea above.)