PDA

View Full Version : WDW in late August???

AtoZgirl
08-10-2007, 01:07 AM
OK... so I have been to WDW a million and a half times. (So, I'm lying... probably just a million times) Anyway, I've been in April, June, July, etc etc. In a week, I'll be there and I've never been this late in August. I know it will still be hot... but will it still be SUPER crowded?

I know all the southern kiddies are back in school and most colleges start mid/late August so I'm really hoping eveyone isn't thinking the same thing as me and will be there too.

I know it's hard for most people to give an honest answer to my question but try. Especially if you JUST got back from Disney, let me know how long the lines were, etc. Or if you were there in LATE August last yer, etc. then help a sister out!

Thank you:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
We are arriving on the same day! I'll be there the 18-22 of this year. Last year, I was there August 17-24. There were noticeably less crowds the farther along we got on our trip. It will be hot and crowded, but from what I understand, it is NOTHING like July (although I have not been in July). I have been in June (2005) and I thought it was less crowded in August (2006).

jusandnew
08-10-2007, 07:55 AM
I am going next week with my kids and husband. We have been in different times of the year. This will be our first time in August. I think the heat is the same as June/july. I live in Georgia and the heat has been 95-102.

Nekochan
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
I went the last week of August last year, going again this year. It is hot and muggy, but there are VERY few lines. I think I had to get a fastpass for Soarin', and there was maybe a 10 minute wait for big thunder mountain, but that was about it. Of course, this year they have the pirate and princess parties and that might make a difference.

Gottaluvgoof
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
We were there last year from August 15 - 22. It was actually very nice. It was hot but not unbearable. The crowds were not bad at all. We fast passed the biggest things but most things had waits of no more than 20 minutes. By later in the evenings, we were walking on some things.

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I went the last week in August three years ago. I typically try to go in November, but couldn't swing it that year.

It was hot and humid, but the parks were barable crowd wise. I'd still get Fast Passes for TT, Soarin', EE, etc. But you should have no issues getting everything you want to do done.

MarkC
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I hate to set you up for a letdown when you get there, but I would be very surprised if there are any crowds next week. You should be able to walk on to most things early and late. It's always crowded in mid-afternoon so take a swimming break. If you use fast pass and EMH you will have a great time. But make sure you stay cool as well. Good luck.

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
^ Huh?

Are you saying there are crowds or not?

moe513
08-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I ve been twice in Aug. The crowds were not as bad as when we went in Dec. I think you will have an advantage because you are going before free dining starts. In general I think the crowds get lighter as Aug goes on. I think the best is the week after labor day.

kaliepooh
08-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm going to be there from August 13 - 24th. I'm wondering about the crowds as well. Especially when free dining kicks in. I visited during the first week of August in 2005 and the crowds were not as large as July, but there were long waits for the most popular rides. I've always been told that the crowds start to really decrease during the second and third weeks. I'm not sure how they will be when free dining starts though.

MR.MIKE
08-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I love going August.. It can be hot but what are you going to do? Crowds are less and the cost for the deluxes are less.

Lucyrella
08-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi All, we will be there August 26th to September 1st, and come rain, sun, snow, or hurricane we are going... it is 102 degrees here in Evansville so I am prepared for heat. So bring it on! Only 12 days and counting..... YIPPEE!:mickey:

jszczur5
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
We have been the last week of August/first week of September for each of the last 2 years. The crowds are noticeably smaller at the end of August as compared to June/July. The day after Labour Day, however, the parks are deserted. Fastpass was in operation for EE and Soarin' only.
For that reason, we are going one day later this year, to take advantage of one extra day post Labour Day.

Jared
08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Late August into early September are arguably the least crowed weeks of the year. Parents are reluctant to take their children out of school in the first few weeks of classes.

You should have a wonderful and relaxing trip!

mainemajor
08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Thank you to everyone that has responded to this. We are leaving in one week and had been thinking the same thing.:mickey:

AtoZgirl
08-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Thank you to everyone that has responded to this. We are leaving in one week and had been thinking the same thing.:mickey:

Leaving the 18th and it looks like all of the August folks going down in the next few days are going to have a GREAT time. So excited:D

pixiesmimi
08-14-2007, 12:45 AM
We are going Aug 26th. The only thing I am dreading is the heat (and maybe hurricanes) but since it will just be DH and I, we are going to take our time and spend most of it in the cool rides and restaurants and shops. We are used to the heat since it has been up to 107 here in Alabama the last two weeks but I think it is actually a little cooler down there than here. It will still be hot and sticky but can't be any worse than when we were there in June and the crowds were bigger. I just won't be standing out in any long lines in the sun.