PDA

View Full Version : Park question

Mnchknbrat1982
08-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Quick question as I know some parks have opening ceremonies. Can someone tell me the parks that have opening ceremonies and what time we should be at the park to see them? Also for the parks that don't what time should we get to the park? And how early does the bus system start running?

WheresWalt
08-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I know the MK has a daily opening ceremony. Not sure abt the other parks. The buses start running 1/2 hour prior to the parks opening if I am not mistaken. The monorail and ferries probably do the same. :mickey:

snifflesmcg
08-10-2007, 02:33 AM
I think the only opening ceremonies are at MK and AK. The only one I've ever seen it the AK one, it's really cute.

BMan62
08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure that you would call it a ceremony, but they do have a little routine they go through for 'rope drop' at D-MGM (soon to be DHS) - they get a couple people from behind the rope and make them 'stars' for the opening scene.

pook@wdw
08-10-2007, 07:06 PM
All parks have some kind of "opening ceremony". Some are more elaborate than others. MK has the "character train" and the singers, AK has the "character explorer vehicle" @ the tree, Studios has the old-time Hollywood characters doing a little welcome skit, and Epcot has the "welcome character committee". We been lucky enough to be selected "family of the day" twice @ Epcot. They drove us to the front to greet the people in a Test Track car, pics w/all characters, first on Test Track, and Fast passes to ALL attractions in FW. I believe all parks have a "Family of the Day". They just walk up to the front of the line and pick a family @ random. If you know who to look for, you can get their attention!:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
To answer your second question. I think the buses start running from the resorts to the parks an hour before the parks open. I was walking to my car once, because we had an early b-fast at the Mk and I was told that the buses didn't run early enough for our reservation. BUT the buses were already running an hour before park opening, so we were able to catch the bus instead. :mickey: At your resort you can ask at the front desk about bus schedules and if I'm not mistaken I think there is a transportation number you can call.