PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hill - Worth it?

Disney Babe
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Is it worth it to go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? How long does the show last and can I get snacks? How far ahead of the show do I need to show up? Is it basically the same as the outside show?

Melanie
08-09-2007, 09:40 PM
You'll get a resounding "yes" to the question of whether the show is worth it from many of us here. We are fans! :yes: They are funny and very talented guys, and no matter how many times I've seen the show, I still laugh and laugh. Shows are 20-25 minutes.

As for it being like the outside show - no. Bluegrass music (with a side of comedy) is the main attraction of the Billy show. :nopity:

Get there early (maybe 30 minutes prior), grab a good seat and get some snacks. I know they offer chili fries, chicken fingers, chocolate cake and rice krispy treats, along with the regular fountain drinks.

NotaGeek
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
The Billy's show is one of the best kept secrets in Fronteir Land! It's a great getaway from the park, the show is only about 20 minutes, and the chicken strips are really good!

Definitely go, they guys are SO talented and really funny! :thumbsup:

Disney Babe
08-10-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the info. I hope I have time to do it. Do I have to go up to the bar or do they still have the waitresses go up to the table? I bet I have to go up to the bar - you can tell it's been a long time since I've been in the Golden Horseshoe. I used to be amazed at how well the waitresses remember orders and got all the tables served so fast.

Melanie
08-10-2007, 06:27 AM
You have to go up to the bar. I'd recommend getting there early, getting your seat, and getting directly in line for snacks. It always seems like slow service to me.

Carol
08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I would not bother if it is a Thursday or Friday when you visit the park.

Kirk and Dennis are not there those 2 days and they are the driving force behind the 'real' Billys. The have subs those two days.

The perfect days to go are Sunday and Monday when the A-Team is there. No faux Billys at all. The shows on Tuesday and Wednesday are still good since 2 of the 'main' guys are there. Sunday and Monday you get all 4.

I guess I'm not a good gage. I've visited Disneyland twice and have seen the Billys 30+ times and also went to see them in concert 2 weekends ago at the OC Pavilion. :goof:

We are already talking about returning for a Saturday-Wednesday trip and seeing all 25 shows. :nopity:

NotaGeek
08-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I would not bother if it is a Thursday or Friday when you visit the park.

Kirk and Dennis are not there those 2 days and they are the driving force behind the 'real' Billys. The have subs those two days.

The perfect days to go are Sunday and Monday when the A-Team is there. No faux Billys at all. The shows on Tuesday and Wednesday are still good since 2 of the 'main' guys are there. Sunday and Monday you get all 4.

I guess I'm not a good gage. I've visited Disneyland twice and have seen the Billys 30+ times and also went to see them in concert 2 weekends ago at the OC Pavilion. :goof:

We are already talking about returning for a Saturday-Wednesday trip and seeing all 25 shows. :nopity:

You gals are ADDICTED! :mickey:

tinkwest
08-10-2007, 03:25 PM
...I've visited Disneyland twice and have seen the Billys 30+ times and also went to see them in concert 2 weekends ago at the OC Pavilion. :goof:

I guess that pretty much answers the question "Is it worth it to go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies?"!!
:joy::yay::high5::clappy:

Carol
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
You gals are ADDICTED! :mickey:
uh huh -- it didn't stop you from sitting with us. :fresh:

B_W_Mickey
08-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Definately!

Disney Babe
08-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, I'm back from my one day trip to DL and I couldn't fit in the Billy Hill show. :( I was a bit disappointed. I think I saw every musician in the park except Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. I figured out after getting home that if I had not gone to Cafe Orleans just to see what it was like, I could have fit in the Billy Hill show. I really didn't need to eat any extra food. I think that was the only bad choice I made in the entire 15 hours I was there, so I guess that ain't bad!

I will definitely fit it in on my next visit and it sounds like I might run into some people from Intercot there.;)

I noticed that the Golden Horseshoe was open for snacks during the last Fantasmic show, so I popped in. I saw the drink station at the bar, which in my opinion kind of mars the theme - but that also has happened in most DL restaurants. I think if Walt could send DL management a message it would be to put those drink stations back behind the counters and keep up the theming better. I still got a little sentimental, though, thinking of Walt and the family in the special box and also remembering the good times I used to have when I sat in there and watched the old show.

ChipnDaleGal
08-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I am sorry that you weren't able to work the Billys into your day. They are hands down my favorite Disneyland attraction. I am anxiously counting down the days for that 25 show extravaganza!!! Yee Haw!!! :nopity:

Donalds Duckie
08-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Seeing this Billy Hill post, I just had to share something funny that happened at work last week.

My boss with was another attorney when he received a call from "Mr. Hill". I went in to tell my boss Mr. Hill was on the phone and needed to speak with him if he could. My boss looked at me, very seriously, and asked anxiously, "Is it Billy Hill?" I just stared speechlessly at him for a moment asking myself, "Did he really say Billy Hill?" before he rushed off to his office. Then...

I about fell over in laughter. My boss is somewhat of a kidder but he seemed very serious about this. When he came out of his office he told me that was **** Hill but that he had placed a call to Billy Hill earlier and to please find him if Billy Hill called.

Yep, I just had to ask. And, nope, not "our"
Billy Hill. However, I did explain briefly about DL Billy Hill and how I thought he was joking when he asked me if it was Billy Hill. You know, so he didn't think I was a complete idiot for my reaction (or non-reaction) to his question.

I guess it's one of those situations where you just had to be there but I'm still laughing heartily over it.

Disney Babe
08-20-2007, 04:31 AM
If it wasn't Billy Hill who called, was it Hank Hill? Is your boss into buying propane and propane accessories? ;)

If I can go back to DL soon - and I'm between jobs so really shouldn't but want to - I will put Billy Hill on the agenda as well as Pirates Lair. I saw some pictures of the Island and now I wish I had gone over there on my visit.

*tinker_belle*
08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
After all my many trips to DL, i had never seen the Billies until this year! We went early and got the seats right in the little box next to the stage. We had a ball! It was so much fun i can't wait to see them again! It is SO worth it. Please try and find time for the Billies your next time at the resort, you will not regret it!:mickey:

chrim
09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I have been looking at the DL November schedule and there is no Billy Hill listed. Does this mean they are taking the month off, or is it just too early for the schedule to be posted?

Thanks!

NotaGeek
09-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I have been looking at the DL November schedule and there is no Billy Hill listed. Does this mean they are taking the month off, or is it just too early for the schedule to be posted?

Thanks!

It's just too early. October took forever to come out ...

Disney Babe
09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Which box was the Disney family's box? I want to sit there when I go. There is no plaque is there?