PDA

View Full Version : Impressions de France question

kdkhopper
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the names of the different musical selections used in the Impressions film? I have the official theme park CD and it lists the composers but not titles. This is probably my most favorite music from the theme parks and I would love to hear the entire musical selections! Thanks for any info!

Mufasa
08-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Impressions de France opens with a flute solo (performed by Edward Beckett) taken from Claude Debussy's Syrinx.

Then there's a section from the Aquarium section of The Carnival of the Animals (Le Carnival des Animaux) by Camille Saint-Saens.

Next is a portion of Francois-Adrien Boieldieu's Concerto in C for Harp and Orchestra.

A segment of the 1st movement (Nuages or "Clouds") from Debussy's Nocturnes.

There's a section taken from the 1938 ballet Gaite Parisienne by Manuel Rosenthal (which in turn is based on the works of Jacques Offenbach).

Then there's part of Suite #2 from Maurice Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe titled "Lever du jour" (Daybreak) although this isn't part of the soundtrack that appears on the park CD's but is part of the film.

An orchestral arrangement of Claire de Lune from Claude Debussy plays next I think from his Suite Bergamesque (the 3rd movement, originally for Piano)

Next would be an adaptation of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie #1 which was orchestrated by Claude Debussy (I believe though when Debussy did the orchestrations he reversed the numbering of Satie's originals).

There's part of the Finale of the Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens.

A segment of the Fanfare from Paul Dukas' ballet La Peri (you'll recognize this section by as it's performed by the orchestra's brass section).

Then the soundtrack concludes with a portion of the Maestoso from the 2nd movement of Saint-Saens' Symphony #3 in C minor (Op. 78)- also known as the "Organ Symphony" as it opens with a powerful C major chord and ends just before the start of the Allegro portion of the 2nd movement.

Tying all of the pieces together and through the transitions in the soundtrack is a wonderful score created by frequent Disney composer Buddy Baker.

BelleKP
08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
:notworth: Wow!! :notworth:
That's amazing Mufasa! I knew a few of the pieces, but not with such detail! Very impressive! :thumbsup:
You certainly know your music! :flute:

kdkhopper
08-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you so much! I'm completely impressed with your knowledge about these composers and their music - I'm off to the library tomorrow with your list in hand!!:cloud9:

MinnieMommie
08-10-2007, 01:24 AM
:notworth: Wow!! :notworth:
That's amazing Mufasa! I knew a few of the pieces, but not with such detail! Very impressive! :thumbsup:
You certainly know your music! :flute:

Totally agree. Very impressive Mufasa!! Way to go :thumbsup:

TINKERBELL_82
08-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Impressions de France opens with a flute solo (performed by Edward Beckett) taken from Claude Debussy's Syrinx.

Then there's a section from the Aquarium section of The Carnival of the Animals (Le Carnival des Animaux) by Camille Saint-Saens.

Next is a portion of Francois-Adrien Boieldieu's Concerto in C for Harp and Orchestra.

A segment of the 1st movement (Nuages or "Clouds") from Debussy's Nocturnes.

There's a section taken from the 1938 ballet Gaite Parisienne by Manuel Rosenthal (which in turn is based on the works of Jacques Offenbach).

Then there's part of Suite #2 from Maurice Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe titled "Lever du jour" (Daybreak) although this isn't part of the soundtrack that appears on the park CD's but is part of the film.

An orchestral arrangement of Claire de Lune from Claude Debussy plays next I think from his Suite Bergamesque (the 3rd movement, originally for Piano)

Next would be an adaptation of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie #1 which was orchestrated by Claude Debussy (I believe though when Debussy did the orchestrations he reversed the numbering of Satie's originals).

There's part of the Finale of the Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens.

A segment of the Fanfare from Paul Dukas' ballet La Peri (you'll recognize this section by as it's performed by the orchestra's brass section).

Then the soundtrack concludes with a portion of the Maestoso from the 2nd movement of Saint-Saens' Symphony #3 in C minor (Op. 78)- also known as the "Organ Symphony" as it opens with a powerful C major chord and ends just before the start of the Allegro portion of the 2nd movement.

Tying all of the pieces together and through the transitions in the soundtrack is a wonderful score created by frequent Disney composer Buddy Baker.

Wow Mufasa!! Thats amazing- you rock! :thumbsup:

The music is wonderful...:cloud9: