PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Hollywood Studios?

mprewitt
08-09-2007, 03:29 PM
How many of you like the new name for Disney-MGM Studios?

Olivia's Daddy
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I like it. It's general and covers everything going on it the park.

Rosanne
08-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Wait-- Is this official? When is it being implemented?

mdearmas
08-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I like the new name it doesn't make it so one dimensional (i.e. Disney-Pixar Studios) Plus hopefully all the memorabilia I have that says Disney-MGM Studios on it will be worth more now. LOL
:goofy:

snifflesmcg
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM
When I had originally heard of a name change, I threw a fit. I had heard they were going to drop the MGM part and rename it with Pixar. I call the Studios "MGM". However, I feel this name is a good change that covers it all.

snifflesmcg
08-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Wait-- Is this official? When is it being implemented?

Yes, I just read it myself that it is, in fact, official. They will be changing the name Jan '08.

jszczur5
08-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Why Hollywood? So many movies are being made elsewhere. Disney Studios works just fine. Many of us, however, will probably just continue to call it MGM.

glenpreece
08-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I voted for just Disney Studios. Although I will always call it MGM it's shorter.

DisneyDudet
08-09-2007, 06:26 PM
MGM....

I'm a creature of Habit...

EPCOT Center, WEDway People Mover...

And I'm only 23!

Stu29573
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I didn't vote because there wasn't a "Like it, but don't love it" catagory......:mickey:

kdkhopper
08-09-2007, 08:06 PM
This might be a dumb reason for not liking the new name, but it seems like a mouthful to me. Like a lot of others here, I'll probably continue to call it MGM.

Stu29573
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Actually, not to be a stickler, but MGM and Hollywood have the same number of syllables...Just an observation...

IloveDisney71
08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
... Like a lot of others here, I'll probably continue to call it MGM.
Yep- old habits die hard. :)

caryrae
08-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I am surprised they didn't include Pixar in the new name since it is such a big part of Disney and their parks. Maybe they didn't just incase they split up, then they would have to change it again.

I would have been happy with just Disney Studios.

tinksmom02
08-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow, pretty exciting news! I'll probably still call it MGM--easier to say, write, etc.

I haven't gotten far enough through the discussion boards here to see where it's mentioned, but I found the article on allears.

I'm excited that they'll be updating the Playhouse Disney show and adding a meet and greet with Handy Manny next year. And the Block Party Bash sounds cute, too...I really like the parade now, but that'll be a cute replacement.

Most of the "changes" that Disney's bragging about are actually updates of old stuff, with the exception of Toy Story Mania. Updating Playhouse Disney, parade, HSM2, the park name. One new ride and one (specified) meet and greet--seems to me that Disney should be spending more time, effort, and $$$ creating new attractions...a lot of people love MGM, granted, but there are plenty of people who consider it a half-day park. Why wouldn't they want to create new stuff, so people would want to spend more time (and $$) there? :twocents:

Sorry for the ramblings!

Goofy Texan
08-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I think they used Hollywood in the name because so much of the architecture is from Hollywood in it's hey day.

I spent 5 years in Califorinia as a child and the look of that park brings back so many memories. It's one of my favorite places in the World to just walk around.

SgtTigger
08-09-2007, 09:25 PM
they could have left out the Hollywood.....

:cop: :tigger:

Polynesian Dweller
08-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Hollywood isn't needed. It just adds a mouthfull. I'd bet that most people will reduce to Disney Studios anyway.

Tink#64
08-10-2007, 01:10 AM
I like the name, I also would have liked just Disney Studios. So I voted for - "I don't care what they call it. Actually I'm glad they didn't go with Pixar, since they are removing the MGM name that everyone is used to - I don't really think they need another name besides the Disney name on the park. But, like everyone else, I'm sure I'll call MGM for a long time. But DH & I talked about this name last year when we were there. I can't recall what we saw that referred to it as The Studios, & DH asked me then if the name had been changed. I'm thinking now, this was a subtle way to get people used to it not being MGM.:unsure:

chrisb26
08-10-2007, 01:19 AM
Well I said this on another thread but I'll say it here also. I think I'll always call it MGM that is all I have ever called it so I doubt I would change what I call it since it has been that way for so long. I think that Disney Hollywood Studios is better then calling it Disney Pixar Studios however overall if they felt they must change the name then just make it Disney Studios I think that is best out of all the titles they considered changing it to.

BritCody
08-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Disney Studios would have been fine, but I guess in time it will be ok

RAIDER
08-10-2007, 07:10 AM
The "Hollywood " gives it more of an upmarket feel ..i like it :thumbsup:

JRocker
08-10-2007, 07:40 AM
They can call it what they want.

It will always be MGM to me.

big blue and hairy
08-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Hollywood isn't needed. It just adds a mouthfull. I'd bet that most people will reduce to Disney Studios anyway.:huh: Let's see "em-gee-em"..."holl-ee-wood"....:huh: Doesn't add anything, actually. I've said before, I would like The Walt Disney Studios, or the The Disney Studios, but encompassing all of Hollywood is cool, too.

Just wait, instead of saying I'm going to MGM, you'll be saying I'm going to Hollywood! :D

:sulley:

BMan62
08-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Disney Studio(s) would have been easier on the tongue, but then people might get the impression that the park would only cover Disney/Touchstone/Pixar movies.

Adding Hollywood makes it more of a mouthful, but also much more descriptive - covering LucasFilms (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.) - and gives them the leeway to add attractions from other studios as well.

offero
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Don't really care what they call it. Realistically, it is not in Hollywood and it is not really an operating studio anymore so the name is just meaningless.

They could name it Mickey’s Superstar Awesome Movie Park, subconsciously every time I say the name I am going to refer to it as MGM.

Fantasmic
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I'll still call it MGM or The Studios.

Would have Preferred The Disney Studios though

DizNee143
08-10-2007, 09:35 AM
i voted for liking the old name...
but they can call it whatever they want...ill probably still be calling it MGM for quite a while!! :mickey:

DisneyDudet
08-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Mickey’s Superstar Awesome Movie Park.

I think you should be the official park namer!

Oh my gosh you have me laughing so much!!!:rotfl::rotfl::silly::laughing:

How about "Disney's Pixar Hollywood MGM not-so-Studios"?

mac badger
08-10-2007, 11:09 AM
i dont care what they call it, i'm sure i will continue to call it mgm for years to come, just like i still call the WEDway people mover

darthmacho
08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Though it will probably always be "MGM" to me, I have to admit that I like the name. The only thing I can say is that it might lead to some confusion, like that people who don't know any better may think the park is in California? Perhaps Disney Studios Florida would have been the most precise name, and it sounds pretty good too? :sun:

MickeysEars
08-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Dont care. a couple of years ago they took the MGM off and were calling it Dinsy Studios. Then the MGM magically reappeared, so it will alwys be MGM to us

aprilshowers93
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I personally like the new name. I would have also liked Disney Studios, or even better, Disney's Hollywood. I am glad they didn't go with disney-pixar studios. Although I think that is the name that would make the most sense, I also think naming the park that would lead to all the new rides being pixar based. I want all around rides.

disneynarula
08-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't care what they call it. IMHO MgM is one of the only parks that has gone downhill since they opened. I really miss the behind the scenes stuff that made it so unique.

But I digress...

I think the name makes sense. At least they did not call it Pixar Studios. I think they should take the word studios out since nothing gets taped there anyway.

I will probably be calling it MgM for the rest of my life. Old habits are hard to break. I still spell Epcot will all caps most of the time.

KAJUNKING
08-12-2007, 03:00 AM
i am ok with the new name(but not thrilled)anything is better than pixar studios, it doesnt really matter what they call it as long as they add some e-ticket rides to make it a full day experience! :offtopic: patiently waiting for a really great movie with real animation! (sick :sick: of the pixarisation of disney) with that being said, i love the pixar movies, but they are no beauty and the beast or lion king, i think they need to find there roots!

Stu29573
08-12-2007, 09:46 AM
i think they need to find there roots!

I thought "Roots" was done by another company...:D

Sorry, bad joke....:mickey:

Jared
08-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Disney's Hollywood Studios is a fine name. So is Disney-MGM Studios. So is Disney Studios. If the attractions improve, the name is rather insignificant.

Darin M
08-12-2007, 11:33 AM
The thing with MGM studios, as it will always be called by me, is that with the name MGM, you truly feel like your on the lot. MGM is known for hollywood movies.

Disney's Hollywood Studios sounds too cliche, too cheesy, it sounds like just a kiddie theme park.

MGM brought it that movie studio persona, and that why I think they shouldn't change it.

snifflesmcg
08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
MGM....

I'm a creature of Habit...

EPCOT Center, WEDway People Mover...

Yup, to me it'll ALWAYS be MGM and I still slip and call it EPCOT Center.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a "Like it, but don't love it" catagory......:mickey:

I did vote but I would have voted "Like it but don't love it" if there was that option.

Ian
08-12-2007, 04:20 PM
My actual choice (Disney-Pixar Studios) wasn't available, so I chose Disney Studios which is my second favorite.

I don't care for the new name at all really.

Bass T-bone
08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
It seems that they have called it so many different things over the years that it hardly matters what they choose to call it now.