PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana or San Angel Inn

disneynarula
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Due to confusion I ended with with two ADR's for the same night.

I told the person at Disney Dining that I had an ADR at O'Hana but they could not find it. I was out of town and finally tracked down my reservation number but in the meantime I made an ADR for San Angel.

I want to cancell one ASAP to give someone else a chance. What would you pick?
In our party we have DS3 DS11months DH MIL and myself.

DH is not a big meat eater and MIL is a vegetarian who is allergic to dairy. I can go either way. I enjoy a nice salad as well as a juicy steak.

I am more interested in food quality rather than atmosphere.

mook3y
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
IMHO both restaurants are very good. But, Ohana's food quality is better.

However, I am not sure your MIL would be happy with the vegetarian selection from there.

There would be some, but she might feel like she got better value from San Angel.

Crow
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
im trying Ohana for the first time in Sept.
San Angel has the best atmosphere but food only ok from what i remember.
i think most will pick Ohana
for me personally i might go w SA, because i go solo a lot and its in Epcot.
i hear lots of meat at Ohana

disneyfanforever
08-09-2007, 03:09 PM
We were just at WDW for the first time last week. On a spur of the moment idea we decided to eat at the san angel inn. YUMMO! Our family is vegetarian and were pleased with the food. Plus, free chips and salsa!

DVC2004
08-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I think Ohana's food is far superior- unless anyone in your party is a vegetarian. Tons of grilled meat- very flavorful. Great sides like scalloped potatoes. And the dessert is included, bread pudding, and is to die for!

disneycouple2004
08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
KEEP OHANA'S :thumbsup:

its great !!!
:D

moe513
08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Ohanas---- great food

San Angel-----good food

However with someone a vegeterian you need to look over the menus on info central to see what she will eat.

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
I would also agree with 'Ohana. We had an on-board vegetarian and she loved it there- they had plenty for her to eat. Keep in mind that 'Ohana is a set meal, no ordering and they bring you the food in courses. The main course is skewered meats, but there is plenty to eat without the meat and I believe vegetarians can request an alternative. We're also fans of San Angel, but I think 'Ohana is the way to go.

Nicki'sMom
08-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I was wondering what your plans are for the day of the reservation. If you are going to be in Epcot, then San Angel is probably a good idea. People have said this would be better for vegetarian anyway. If you will be back to your resort by dinner or in another park that day, then I guess Ohana because it would be a bit of a hike with two little ones to get into Epcot. Have a good trip.

TINKERBELL_82
08-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Ohana. I love San Angel too, and I know you said you were more interested in Food Quality than atmosphere, but Ohana is so good for little ones!! They do games with them (I think it was an egg race) and sing songs and all sorts of stuff. The kiddies will love it.

Plus, the food is outstanding!! It's all you can eat, too. :mickey:

HOLITRIN
08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Another vote for Ohana's :thumbsup:

omearac
08-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm a vegetarian and I've eaten at both places. For me San Angel wins hands down. O'Hana is good, but really a meat eaters restaurant. The appetizers are good and the potatos too.

They are very accomadating though. I've had the vegetarian dish twice and didn't care for it either time. The noodles are good, but the tofu has a very odd taste and I usually love any kind of tofu.

San Angel is excellent.

Both restaurant's have wonderful ambiance.:thumbsup:

disneynarula
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I called my DH's stepmother and she chose San Angel after looking at the menus. We had all the other TS ADRs before she decided to come so she really did not get much say in the eating aspect of the trip. I am glad to give her some say in the matter.

So some lucky person just got my O'Hana slot.

I am excited because I have never eaten at San Angel before. Now I just wish someone would cancel at Boma.