PDA

View Full Version : Ive never eaten at.....

Crow
08-09-2007, 02:27 PM
should i feel bad about missing these places?
Ive never eaten at:
Any place in AK
MK-Tonys, Liberty Tree,Caseys,Cosmic Rays,
Pinocchios,Cindys, Main St Bakery
MGM-Hollywood & Vine, Pizza Planet,Starring Rolls, Commisary,Flatbread
Epcot-El Umbrella, Sunshine,Garden Grill,Bistro de Paris,Tangierine Cafe (as u can see ive covered most here)
Resorts-nothing at GF
nothing BC/YC
nothing BOardwalk area (except Bakery & Spoodles pizza)
nothing in Swan/Dolphin other than Kimonos
Contemp-Chef Mickeys, Concourse (goin bb)
OKW-Olivias (actually have never stopped at OKW)

Poly-Ohanas (but im tryin it in Sept)
DD-Portobellos, WPexpress,Earl,Ghiradellis,
Bongos,Raglan Rd

and thats in 16 trips or so. i do repeats a lot so i have to try others..

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Of your list, I recommend trying:

Caseys and Main St Bakery
Bistro de Paris and Tangierine Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe, Narcoossee's, and Citricos at the Grand Floridian (all outstanding), 'Ohana (glad you're trying it).

And I'm trying Raglan Road next trip, so I'll let you know about that one.

The rest, I either haven't tried or I can't really recommend them. But as for these, you are missing out on some good ones if you don't get to try them eventually.

moe513
08-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I would try to get to 1900 park fare and ltt. 1900 is temporarily moved and the food is pre plated.

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Ive never eaten at:
Any place in AK
MK-Tonys, Liberty Tree,Caseys,Cosmic Rays,
Pinocchios,Cindys, Main St Bakery
Epcot-El Umbrella, Sunshine,Garden Grill,Bistro de Paris,Tangierine Cafe (as u can see ive covered most here)
Resorts-nothing at GF
nothing BC/YC Beaches and Cream

Bongos,Raglan Rd

and thats in 16 trips or so. i do repeats a lot so i have to try others..

I bolded the ones on your list that I have been to that I think you really ought to try.

HOLITRIN
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Definitely try

Main St Bakery
Beaches and Cream
Grand Floridian Cafe
Chef Mickeys

Glad your doing Ohana's - fantastic food!!:number1:

TINKERBELL_82
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Wow! That's a lot of things!! I would personally reccomend:

O'hana
Liberty Tree Tavern and
Raglan Road

All three were excellent! :mickey:

bleukarma
08-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Don’t worry, I’ve been going to WDW at least once a year (most of the time twice) for practically all my life (I’m 27 now) and there are way more things that I haven’t tried. We never did TS when I was growing up. I have a lot to catch up to!!

I would recommend Raglan Road and Earl of Sandwich. Recently I tried those and I think they are my new fav TS and CS. Raglan Road has the best tomato soup (and I’m not a soup person at all) and I’m addicted to the All American at Earl. Yum! :mickey:

MMouse6937
08-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I think Cosmic Rays is a must just for Sonny Eclipse, it's just for the atmosphere. I hope you make it to Ohanas, it's great. We love Chef Mickeys, but have only been there for breakfast. I'm hoping to get to Beaches and Cream. Other than that I think you've got it pretty covered :D

Kairi_7378
08-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought Tangerine Cafe was a very good value. The food isn't as spicy as I have had it at Moroccan restaurants in Philly but it is very good! The patio is a nice place to sit at night while you are waiting for the fireworks.

IloveDisney71
08-09-2007, 09:20 PM
My family loves O'hana(good choice for your upcoming trip) and Liberty Tree Tavern. My family really enjoys the "home-cooked type" meal at LT - it reminds us of Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. :)

mac badger
08-10-2007, 11:17 AM
i think you should try everything once. thats my goal-to eat at each place in the world and stay at each of the resorts. i still have quite a ways to go. but i definitely recommend trying everything in MK-it just seems like tradition.

Wrigley
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Off of your list I would recommend:

Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickeys
Casey's

:mickey:

pooh0601
08-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Main Street Bakery - excellent for breakfast or late night snack.

Chef Mickey's - might only like if you have kids or want character interaction. I would recommend breakfast over dinner.

Narcoossee's - excellent place, and would definently recommend if you don't have kids. Though we do sometimes see children there as well.

Grand Floridian Cafe - one of our favorite places for lunch!

1900 Park Fare - very enjoyable breakfast buffet.

Ohana's - glad you are trying it in Sept! One of our favs for dinner!

LibertyTreeGal
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Main Street Bakery -- French Toast Loaf is to die for!

Liberty Tree is the best and most underrated lunch on Disney property, period!

Casey's is awesome if you like hot dogs, otherwise skip it

Sunshine Seasons has a great selection, I love it.

And yes, you should feel VERY BAD about not having been there :D ;)

Belle_0717
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Here are my choices for must dine.

MK- Tony's-Lunch is very affordable. It fills up fast so make ADR.
-LTT the character dinner is cute.
- MSBakery- They DH has to have a choc. chip cookie at least 2x per trip. We even take some for the plane ride home.

E- Tangierine Cafe- We tired it for the first time last trip. It is great and the portions are big enough to share.

DD- Ghiradelli's is a long time family staple. It's the best ice cream in the world. The dark choc. hot fudge is killer. No trip is complete w/o going to Ghiradelli's.
-WPXpess is better on the marketplace side than the West End side.

Natazu
08-11-2007, 12:15 AM

Here's my two cents for what it's worth...

Any place in AK

No great loss. LTT lunch is pretty good though

Starring Rolls is amazing - we usually skip the rest

Garden Grill is great, Tangierine Cafe is Awesome
Resorts-nothing at GF

Every restaurant at GF is wonderful
nothing BC/YC

I like Beaches & Cream; Cape May is really good for a buffet.

Two thumbs up to Flying Fish

Il Mulino should be exceptional

Concourse is really good, CMs good for a character meal

Olivia's is a diamond in the rough - worth a go. I'd call it one of the best inexpensive places at Disney

'Ohana flat out kicks bootie

Bongos,Raglan Rd

Earl is awesome for CS - Portobellos is good for WDW Italian. I don't like Bongos or Raglan Rd.

Kairi_7378
08-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I am just curious... since you said that you've never eaten at AK, does that mean that you don't spend much time there? Or do you bring in your own food that day?
Flame Tree BBQ is not a bad option in AK but once they close the Tusker House it will probably be very crowded.
PS. Just checked your list again and I have to say that El. Umbrella wasn't that great to me. DH is practically a carnivore and he was happy with his burger though.

Crow
08-11-2007, 05:49 PM
i do spend the least time at AK, usually park hop and go to Epcot to eat after..
and its close to AKL, where the ex works..............
i am hoping to try mayb a diff cs since ill b on the plan (for the last time probably)
we will see what happens foodwise this trip.
thanks!

pook@wdw
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
You should try EVERY single one of them in your next 16 trips!!!:D We have 1 or 2 faves we do every year, but like to mix it up and try new places each time we go.:cloud9:

auntfrannie
08-12-2007, 03:02 PM
In AK I enjoy Flame Tree Barbeque and Tusker House.
Liberty Tree Tavern has fantastic character interaction but the food is just basic thanksgiving fare....we go there for the characters, not the food.
Tangierine Cafe has tasty lamb schwarma sandwiches which is a nice change from chicken & burgers.
Yachtsman Steakhouse was very good; almost as good as California Grill.

LoriMistress
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
To be quite honest, DH and I haven't eaten at many places in WDW since we've only been there once. But I'll list all the places that we never been on where we're eating at this time on our December vacation:

Grand Floridian Cafe
The Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck's
CRT
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop
Raglan's Road
Rose and Crown Pub
Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada
Hollywood Brown Derby
Concourse Steakhouse
Sci Fi Dine Inn
Coral Reef
Teppanyaki Dining
Artist Point
Marrakesh
Never eaten at any AK restaurant
Never eaten at Pop Century Food Court.

luv_cinderella
08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Liberty Tree lunch is quite possibly the best meal we have ever had at WDW. It was absolutely phenomenal! :thumbsup:

Beaches & Cream is excellent for a decadent ice cream treat, as is Ghiradelli.

Concourse is very good as well, but don't know how much longer that will be available. :confused:

Have fun!

WEDTOPIA
08-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Crow , from your list I would definately try these 3 :

Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club - awesome seafood spread. We've done this one 3 times.

Olivia's at Key West - so few people know about this little place , but it's worth the trip. We've been 3 or 4 times.

Narcoosee's - a little pricier than the others , but the food is exceptional and the window views are perfect.

:mickey:

mook3y
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
AK - Nothing we have found yet worth making a trip for. Now AKL - Boma for breakfast is one of our favorites.

MK - My family loves LTT.

GF - Narcoossee's has been our best meal so far. (might have something to do with it was our only night out without the kids. lol

Poly - Ohana's is on our must - do list for now and forever! DW's favorite.

Joanna
08-13-2007, 12:53 PM
We love the Garden Grill and do it every trip. The menu is great, characters are fun and the chef is attentive. I highly recommend it for an early lunch.