PDA

View Full Version : Last minute dinner changes!

princessimagineer
08-09-2007, 01:32 PM
okay so let me give you a heads up : We (as in my mom, dad, sister (19) and me (17)) will be in the world from august 26-september 1. we'll be in the poly.

originally - we had Tuesday the 28th scedualed to be Japan for dinner and Thursday the 30th as Germany for dinner.

then all of a sudden - Japans renovation scedual delayed. many tears were shed.

so we figure - lets change tuesday to germany for dinner since thats epcots EMH anyway, and then do something magic kindomy on thursday so we can enjoy their EMH. No problem with Germany reservations, but we end up with 5:30 California Grill reservations for thursday

so our problem - were not sure if we want to do the California grill any more. but we have 16 days (!!) till we leave soo eather places will be already completely booked (like the crystal palace...) or we'll get realy bad times (idk about you but 5:30 at CG? uhh hello fireworks anyone?)

the question - does anyone have any suggestions for dining ideas in the magic kindom area? we will be on the DDP. if not in magic kindom then we would like to be in a resort, not another park. also my mom and myself are picky eaters. how do you feel about Artists Point or the Yachtsmen Steakhouse?

warning - we already have plans for Ohana's, Germany, 50's and were doing Boma & Chef Mikeys for breakfast. and we already asked about Crystal palace and thats booked. We also dont want to do Castle dinner agian and we wanna stay away from LTT (but if worse comes to worse we may try there)

thanks for the help!!!!

Jen C.
08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I hate to be negative, but I have tried to move things during those exact same dates (see you at the Poly!), and the only things I'm offered in the MK area have been The Plaza or Tony's. You might have shot at Kona during an offtime. I would give them the date, and ask them what they have. That might be easier than hearing a bunch of suggestions to which there are no openings anyway! Good Luck, and see you there!!:D

princessimagineer
08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
whoa that soo weird youll be in the poly the same week i am! suhweeet! see ya there!

*AHEM* back to the discussion... yea thats what i figure, i wanna eat in japan :fit: if it werent for intercot i would have never known about the renovation being extended and then what would have happend? they never called us to warn us, and we made these ADRs a longggg time ago and now were like down to crunch time here!

moe513
08-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Im in the same boat. Maybe do cs that night and do 2 ts another day or do a ts lunch and then a cs dinner. I am finding only 950 adrs out there for us. We need a table for 5. Good luck.

TINKERBELL_82
08-09-2007, 02:21 PM
What about the Concourse Steakhouse?

MK clearly needs another TS option!!!

disneynarula
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I am having the same problem with our Sept trip. We are trying really hard for Concourse but so far everything is booked. We have too many Epcot TSs.

They really need more TS in the MK if they are going to continue offering the DDP. I think it would be nice if the Grand Floridian Cafe added a dinner menu.

January-2007
08-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it would be nice if the Grand Floridian Cafe added a dinner menu.

The Grand Floridian Cafe does serve dinner, we ate there on our Honeymoon in January and it was lovely. The 1900 Park Fare meals are being serve at the Grand Floridian Cafe during the rehab, but all will be back to normal in early October.

Kairi_7378
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Just so you know... if you've eaten at the CA Grill at 5:30, you can come back to the Contemporary to watch the fireworks from the balcony later. We were stuck in this boat in March (could only get a table at 5:30 or 9:30. 5:30 won.) The server asked us several times if we understood that we could come back. The food at the CA Grill is great and so is the view, so I wouldn't want to skip it! I'm sorry that you weren't able to eat in Japan like you wanted to, it really seems that the renovation schedule is causing lots of problems with peoples' ADR's. Good luck and have fun. You're so lucky to be staying at the Poly!