PDA

View Full Version : Best non-buffet breakfast at a resort?

Mary Chase
08-09-2007, 12:29 PM
We need to fill one more table service credit for our last day at WDW and we can only do breakfast due to an unexpected flight change coming home :( We are doing a few character dinings and a few buffets and would really prefer a TS for our last day (unless someone really thinks a certain buffet is great). I've heard Boma at AKL is good - does anyone else have any opinions for a good resort breakfast (preferably sit down - non-buffet)? Thanks!

Figgyluv03
08-09-2007, 12:34 PM
I've been eyeing up Kona for our next trip!! I've heard great reviews on here and I'm looking forward to the Tonga Toast!:eat:

SurferStitch
08-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Our favorite TS resort breakfast is the Grand Floridian Cafe. Their citrus french toast is amazing, and I've also been offered (and accepted) off-the-menu omelets like shrimp/scallops with swiss cheese and hollandaise sauce (yum). The atmosphere is very relaxing and comfy, and the service is wonderful.

Another great TS breakfast is Kona Cafe. Great food, decent service (I guess I was expecting someone more friendly in the Ohana spirit). We hated the pressed pot coffee (terribly weak and funny aftertaste), but other than that, it was a great breakfast. I had an excellent shrimp omelet, and DH had the macadamia pancakes (very sweet, but oh so good).

We will be eating at both again this December.

Natazu
08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Olivia's - OKW , mmmm chocolate mango toast
Kona Cafe - Poly, mmm tonga toast
Boatwright's - POR, mm hot buttered toast

TINKERBELL_82
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Kona gets my vote!! Everything we have had there has been amazing!!

Jared
08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort offers a great table service breakfast. Many guests adore the Tonga Toast--a huge slab of French toast stuffed with bananas.

If you would consider a buffet, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge is truly exceptional.

CAS
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Kona Cafe's Tonga Toast is not to be missed. Even if you don't like French toast or banannas! :cloud9:

shan-ash
08-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I agree with all the Kona votes!!

RockinRobin
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM
My vote is Boatwrights at POR. that is always our last breakfast before flying home. Every thing we have had is always good. And very good service.

robnadina
08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I am going to agree with the general population.. Kona Cafe has my vote!:mickey:

wendy*darling
08-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Kona is excellent. You will enjoy it. :number1:

I'll give another vote to Grand Floridian Cafe, too. Superb breakfast. :mickey:

And Boma- well, it's just one of my favorite places to dine for breakfast or dinner. Plus you can walk out to see the animals after you eat. :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
08-09-2007, 04:21 PM
I never even considered GF Cafe, hmmm. I wonder if I can fit that in anywhere:tasty:

LuckyMum22
08-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Kona Cafe's Tonga Toast is not to be missed. Even if you don't like French toast or banannas! :cloud9:

Kona gets my vote!
I don't really care for bananas but like French Toast and now I go out of my way to get the Tonga Toast every chance I get! :eat:
Oh!-you must get the Kona coffee! :coffee:
Kona Cafe would definitely be my first choice for a table service breakfast! :tasty:

moe513
08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Tonga Toast to me was horrible. It just tasted funny. Maybe it was from the oil they cooked it in.

momef3grls
08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
We love Boatwrights for breakfast. Excellent service, great CM's and awesome food, a combination not to be missed.

lockedoutlogic
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
this has already been stated....but as a breakfast junkie I would have to agree that Olivia's, boatrights, whispering canyon, and kona are the best around

disneynarula
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
My vote is Boatwrights at POR. that is always our last breakfast before flying home. Every thing we have had is always good. And very good service.

I have to agree with this one.

dog-ears
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Olivia's - OKW , mmmm chocolate mango toast
Kona Cafe - Poly, mmm tonga toast
Boatwright's - POR, mm hot buttered toast

OMG, chocolate mango toast!! I'm really curious if it's as good as it sounds. I've been to Olivia's for dinner but not breakfast.

I am another Kona tonga toast devotee but I might have to break tradition on my next trip!