PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Jiko from Animal Kingdom

crazykids
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
We'll have our car on vacation & we always drive to the Animal Kingdom. Question is - is it quicker to get our car & drive to AK lodge for dinner or would it be better to catch a bus for AK lodge & take one back when we're finished. The night we have our reservation for Jiko at 5:30pm is a night where AK has EMH, so I know the park will still be open when we're finished. Just didn't want to go through the trouble of loosing my parking spot & having to find another if I didn't have to.

Jared
08-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Driving is faster, but if you are definitely returning to Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours, consider taking the bus. The ride is no longer than 10 minutes, and you won't lose your parking spot.

Only drive if you are definitely leaving directly after dinner.

Somebody else may have a different opinion. My family usually does not rent a car, so I do not have much firsthand experience.

ThanxForNoticin
08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
It sounds like you are planning on dinner and then returning to AK? If that is the case, I would definitely take the bus. If you drive, you'll need to walk or take a tram to your car. Then when you get to the AK, you'll have to go through the security stop, find parking, and then walk in to Jiko. It's not a big problem, but the bus will pick you up right by the park exit and take you directly to the main building at AK - and will also be quicker on the way back. If you are not heading back to AK after Jiko, then I would drive. We rent a car when we are there, and I will drive most places - but this is a scenario that I would use the bus. Have a great time.