PDA

View Full Version : MGM tapings?

pwdebbie
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm reading that movies and tv shows have been made on the MGM grounds. Is there a possibility of being in the audience of a show or watching a taping? If so, do you have to get tickets ahead of time? And how? We will be there in October.

Deb

DDuck66
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
As far as I have heard, there are no new shows being filmed there. They do have some special shows or concerts that are occasionally done at the park. The park is unfortunatly a non working back stage. The back stage is no longer in use except as a tour. The Golden Girls used to be filmed there as well as several other movies but currently there are none that I have heard of.

DDuck66
08-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Just as a note to the above, even the outside of the Golden Girls house is no longer there... I believe it was torn down while they were building Lights Camera Action!!

Figgyluv03
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Just as a note to the above, even the outside of the Golden Girls house is no longer there... I believe it was torn down while they were building Lights Camera Action!!

:fit:So not fair!!!!

Back in the 90's was actually a fully operational studio. I know they filmed Mickey Mouse Club there, Thunder in Paradise and the most recent was Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but that about six or seven years ago.

snifflesmcg
08-10-2007, 03:32 AM

This is the thing that upsets me most about WDW. I never knew that 2003 was the last time I'd ever see the beloved house.
In 2005, I went on the tour expecting (and having my sister angle the camera so I could get in the background) to see the Golden Girl house. To my dismay, they had torn it down. I learned that later on when I asked a CM about it. It's the only time in Disney World that I almost cried. It's one of my FAVORITE shows.

Figgyluv03
08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I forgot to add. I'm assuming since the Golden Girl House is no longer there, then I'm assuming the Empty Nest house isn't as well, since they were "Neighbors".

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 12:28 PM
That entire neighborhood is gone.