PDA

View Full Version : Need room suggestions for Poly!!

ckaranassos
08-09-2007, 08:52 AM
My family, my sister's family and mom (10 total- 5 kids 5 adults) are staying at the Poly in 19 days:party: We haven't stayed there in 30 years!!! It is sort of a coming home vacation for us. I was wondering what room would you suggest for this very excited group with a garden view. Because of the heat we do plan on spending some time at the resort. (Taking it slow) If that's possible!!!

gueli
08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Do yourself a favor and look up tikimans website (do a web search with the key word tikiman). This also look on intercots site (here) for maps, they should have a resort map.
My understanding is that Tokelau, rappa nui & one other (gosh I can not remember wich one) are the newer buildings and that the rooms are slightly larger.
because different people have different preferences- like some might want to be near the volcano pool, while others might want to be further away from it, it is hard to say exactly what rooms to look at. I would reccomend the Tokelau.
good luck, hope this was helpful.
(PS take a look at the unoffical guide to disney (should even be available at your library))
Gueli
:mickey:

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I hope you mean rooms, plural. You're not all sharing one room, right? We loved the third floor of Rarotonga looking out over the quiet pool and right next to the GCH. But checking out the Tikiman website is a good idea. I believe he recommends a few rooms in Tokelau. You really can't go wrong at the Poly. I would be more concerned with getting two rooms close together than requesting a particular room. You have a better chance of getting room requests met if you aren't tied to specifics.

ckaranassos
08-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes we actually have three rooms and our request at reservation time was to be together and perhaps have adjoining rooms for two of the rooms. We realize that is most important. we booked under on reservation and as grand gathering so hopefully we will be together. Actual view and room placement is second on the list.

SBETigg
08-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes we actually have three rooms and our request at reservation time was to be together and perhaps have adjoining rooms for two of the rooms. We realize that is most important. we booked under on reservation and as grand gathering so hopefully we will be together. Actual view and room placement is second on the list.

Great, it all sounds wonderful. I hope you get a terrific location and have an amazing vacation!

Momof2boys
08-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd also suggest Rarotonga. We stayed 3rd floor on the corner facing the quiet pool and it was fabulous ! A quick walk down the stairs to the bus stop, the pools were close, Captn Cooks, etc

Jen C.
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I second Raratonga. Or you might want to try Aeotara. The monorail view is great, but the noise is not bad at all. We'll be there the smae time! See you there, and safe travels to your entire family!:thumbsup: