PDA

View Full Version : Possibly our last "Family" vacation Entry Four

JRocker
08-09-2007, 07:52 AM
We spent two days away from the parks. The first day was a trip to San Diego to visit the zoo, and then we spent a couple of hours at Sea World. The second day we cruised a few beaches. We really enjoyed Newport Beach. If you ever have the need to feel better about yourself, you should visit Venice Beach (got some strange folk there).

Our third and final day at the parks was very relaxing. We only had a handful of attractions left on the list and all day to see them.

We opened up Disneyland and headed straight over to Tommorowland and hit Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours.
From there, it was over to the Tiki Room, Tarzans Treehouse, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, and another visit to the Pirates.

With Disneyland completed we headed on over to finish off California Adventure.

First thing, we hit Monsters Inc. and Muppet Vision. Then, on the way to the Tower, the show with the animators started (forget what it was called) so we sat down and enjoyed that show. Lucky we stopped to see the show, because as we left to head over to the tower we were mugged by the dream patrol.

I should interject here and explain that my wife and the youngest daughter (17) had spent this entire trip sitting at every empty park bench trying to find that secret spot to win something. And yes...it was as comical as you are picturing it, because I never missed a step and they had to keep up.

Anywho, as we left the show and passed through the arch next to the theatre, there were two cast members handing out million dreams pin lanyards with two special million dreams pins attached. This really put a smile on our faces. Of course my wife and daughter were quick to point out that it was because of the 50 some odd benches that they sat on..... They either didn't notice the other guests receiving these lanyards, or they assumed that they all sat on 50 some odd benches too.:confused:
So with lanyards safely tucked away (we don't want to ruin our chances of getting something else, she says:secret:) we headed off to ride the Tower again.

Afterwards we grabbed an ice cream and a drink and waited for the Aladdin show to start.

Wow, what a show. The whole family just loved this one. And from what I understand we were lucky enough to see the funnier of the two genies (apparently the chubby actor has a better delivery than the skinny actor :shrug:). This is one show I wouldn't mind seeing several times. Definately a must see.

After the show we headed on over to visit the grizzly river (the girls, and now the boy, stopping to sit at every bench along the way). We stowed our shoes and goodies in the lockers, put on our flip flops and prepared to get drenched. As it turned out, all five of us were very lucky in that we were able to walk away fairly dry. I asked if the benches were the reason we stayed dry, and the prompt response was "grow up".:confused:
The girls needed a break from thier bench squat excercises so we left the park and headed over to Tony Roma's for a bite, and then to DTD for some souvenier shopping.
Afterwards we went back to CA did a few repeats and then shut down the park with the electrical parade.

If I had my head on straight we would've left the parade a bit early to head over to Disneyland. When CA shuts down, everyone heads across the way. It's like standing in line at park opening all over again.

We did a lot of repeats and souvenier getting till the place shut down. I absolutely love the parks after sundown.

That about wraps up the Disney side of the trip. We had a late flight out that next day, so we spent most of the day playing in the water at Newport.

I'll drum up some final thoughts a little later.

disneydrmr
08-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Congrats on being mugged by the Dream Team! How awesome! And yep! I'm sure it was from all the bench squats! :D That's too funny! Again, sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! Lots of memories were made! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

BronxTigger
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice that you got something from the Dream Team, and it's something nice that you can keep.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your reports. I enjoyed reading them.

Lizzie
08-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds like another great full day.

ChipnDaleGal
08-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I am glad that your family was mugged by the Dream Team. Very nice momento for your special trip together. Sounds like you had a perfect day from beginning to end. Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey: