PDA

View Full Version : Alfredo's - Not Very Good

Jeff T
08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
During our recent vacation we dined at many of the fine eating establishments throughout Disney World. Most were very enjoyable, except for Alfredo's.

Alfredo's has always been one of our favorite places to dine at EPCOT and were sad to learn it will be replaced by another Italian food chain this fall. With this in mind, we had an ADR for Alfredo's for 7:00 PM. That evening we were finishng a ride on Test Track when it started to storm. We were stranded in Mouse Gear for 30 minutes, then finally decided to brave the rain and walk through World Showcase to Italy and Alfredo's. Even with our ponchos we were quite wet. We were quickly seated and given our menus. 30 mintues later we met our waiter! Another 15 minutes later we received our drinks from the hostess - iced tea, which was warm (ice melted). Several minutes later our waiter finally came over to take our order. All along he was busy flirting with the young girls a few tables away from us. We were wet, hungry and our patience was running very thin. The waiter was rude and obviously more interesting in who he was going to go out with after work. We ordered our meals and quickly received our salads, but no bread. It took another request to get the bread. Finally our main course arrived. To our surprise and disappointment the food was not very good. Non one in our family ate too much of their main course. We ordered deserts an listened to the fireworks outside (it was raining very hard). The deserts were pretty good. Overall the experience was terrible. We spent more than 2 hours at Alfredo's. The service was poor and the food below average and expensive. I'm sad to see Alfredo's go because we have had so many good visits, but I think it's time they move on and another fine Italian dining place takes its place.

To our waiter....I hope flirting with those girls was worth it.

SBETigg
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry to hear your last time at Alfredo's was a disappointment.

We didn't enjoy Alfredo's much and we're looking forward to a new dining experience in Italy.

Polynesian Dweller
08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
When we first started going to Alfredos in the early 90's it was a great place. Great food and atmosphere, service was prompt and friendly. You could watch pasta being freshly made, and what you got melted in your mouth like it was fresh made.

But somewhere along the line something changed. The fresh pasta making disappeared, the food became more average, and it became more hit and miss whether you'd get a good waiter. Our last two trips the wait staff were so poor that we gave up on the place.

I'll miss the original Alfredos but not the one of recent years. Would love to know what caused the change!

moe513
08-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Thats awful. I cant believe you got bad service while your cm did all that flirting.

disney1026
08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I have often read negative views about Alfredo's. However, I actually really like the restaurant. My husband and I both ate the fettucini and it was one of the best we have ever had. So we give it two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Luv Eeyore
08-09-2007, 12:49 AM
We had a similar poor experience in April. We were there about 2.5 hrs, our waiter wasn't flirting with anyone because he was almost never seen out on the floor, all the tables around us were constantly asking passing cast members where our waiter was. By the time we eventually got our food, it was pretty much inedible. I didn't think a restaurant named Alfredo's could ruin their namesake dish, but they sure did. Glad to see the change in this case, hope the new restaurant is better.

big blue and hairy
08-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I had remembered Alfredo's as not as good. DW and I went last week. It was worse than I remembered. The service was below average. We also had trouble getting bread. The Fettucini Alfredo was below average bordering on bad. Obviously, there is a reason that Disney didn't renew the contract.

I have good memories of dining with my DW at Alfredo's, but I for one am glad that it's being replaced and look forward to trying the new restaurant on our next trip.

:sulley:

Ms.Disney
08-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Alfredo' s was always our favorite place to eat at Epcot! W e LOVED the alfredo...but the last 2 time we have been there the food was just ......ok not great not worth the money! And the last time we were there it was not very busy and we still waited a long time for our food, also we have problems getting refills on our drinks while we were there. Now I have learned to order my ice tea with a water as well so if (when) I run out of tea I'm not left with nothing to drink! Its too bad Alfredo's went down hill, but we are excited to see what the new italian place will be like.:mickey::mickey:

firefan43
08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
when i was there last fall, it was great. Im a hardcore Italian food snob too...having grown up in a household where my Italian mother cooked awesome Italian food daily. I really enjoyed my dinner last time i was there. My only complaint was that the dessert tray seem to be a bit too generic. It didnt scream Italian like it should have. I go to Alfredos every year when I visit the World...and I have never had a major problem with it. We had ONE problem with service once, but it was on a day that was jam packed and the servers were all in training still.

I, for one, will be sad watching Alfredos go.

SurferStitch
08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
We've been to Alfredo's several times, and were underwhelmed each time.

Food was good, but not WOW! Service is always a little snotty and slow. The last time we dined there our server was more interested in his assistant than in his tables. Another time our server tried to make us feel like losers because we didn't want Perrier water instead of good old tap. Getting bread and drink refills was always quite a chore. Seating is waaaay too tight.

We've given it several tries, but always felt we paid way too much for our meal in the end. I'm very glad to see it going under new ownership. Hopefully it improves greatly.

Jared
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
The new owners of the Italian restaurant in World Showcase have a solid place in Grand Central Terminal in New York. If the restaurant in Epcot is as good, I welcome the change.

sashiroo
08-09-2007, 01:21 PM
The last time I ate there was a disappointment too. They had no calamari, the food was mediocre and the service was horrible. This was my family's favorite restaurant when I was growing up. I agree, NOT at all like the Alfredo's of old. Hopefully the new restaurant will be great!

Tinkerfreak
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow hearing all of this kind of makes me glad that we missed our one last chance to dine here. We went on our very first trip with our girls and had a great meal. We had ressies in Dec. of last year but decided to cancel it and go to Boma instead. When DH and I went in April we thought about going one last time before it closed but just decided not to. I'm glad we decided not to because now we at least have a great memory of the place. If we had gone one last time and gotten bad food and service it might have tarnished our great memory. Did that make any sense to anyone? I guess I'm just glad to have a great memory of a great experience on our fist trip.

Dawnya
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
We had a bad experience at Alfredo's too. We read on here how great it was and decided to try it out, but was VERY disappointed. We had the Disney Dining Plan and they told us that we couldn't get appetizers on the dining plan, we had trouble understanding our waiter b/c of his accent and the loud background noise and he was irratible with us and our food was VERY greasy. 4 of the 5 of us had to run to a bathroom within half an hour of leaving there with stomach cramps. We decided we would NEVER go back there again with many other favorite places to eat at Epcot.